Rutherford turkey shot with bow and arrow

Jul 22, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NorthJersey.com

One of the turkeys admired by Rutherford residents in the Lincoln Woods area was shot and killed with a bow and arrow Thursday night, July 21, in an incident involving two Rutherford males, according to police.

Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Jun 10, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Donna K

Oakland, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

I cannot believe that there are crazies like this in our small town. The turkeys are unique and are a pleasure to watch. I can't imagine how these boys were brought up to think that killing this bird was something good. Just goes to show that just because you live in a nice town, it doesn't mean you're safe from the crazies of the world.
donna

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

I cant believe this These turkeys were happiness to alot of elderly people. they would visit them and the turkeys were very people respectful. i will be in court and these punks will answer ...donna diaz rutherford nj
Cliftonite

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

Never mind your absurd and incessant whining. Somebody get the cranberry sauce and gravy. Iíve got the stuffing. TIME TO PARTY BABY!!!
Dr C Everett Patel

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

Oh Cliftonite, shame on you! You think that cruelty to animals is some kind of joke? These animals have rights too. Thatís why we should all become vegetarians Next time, spare us you attempt at humor. Instead, go to the market and buy yourself some bean curd and soy you cruel and horrible old dirt bag!
Abe Lincoln

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

Maybe if you stopped caring so much about a turkey and more about the growing number of Rutherfords homeless I would care what you people think. You'll all feel sympathy for the turkey but not for the homeless in your own town. You all make me sick.
RST

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

Cliftonite wrote:
Never mind your absurd and incessant whining. Somebody get the cranberry sauce and gravy. Iíve got the stuffing. TIME TO PARTY BABY!!!
The turkey wasn't killed for food - it was killed for sport. That's why it was wrong. I would still be bothered, but not as much, if someone had eaten the turkey, but this was just done for amusement. So CRAM YOUR CRANBERRY SAUCE AND GRAVY!
Bill

Ridgewood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

The animal lovers are over the top as usual. Some kids had the natural instinct to hunt a wild animal and shoot it. Big deal. Wild turkeys will be the next Canada Goose problem...they need to be gassed more efficiently.
chris

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2010

Judged:

ok lets realize that rutherford is not a hunting ground and they could of missed and hit a child!!!!!!!!!! this is what gets to me they had a deadly weapontats not good!!!!
Abe Lincoln

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Judged:

Think of the children! The last cry of the person with no other arguments to make. Grow up.
Cliftonite

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2010

Judged:

chris wrote:
ok lets realize that rutherford is not a hunting ground and they could of missed and hit a child!!!!!!!!!! this is what gets to me they had a deadly weapontats not good!!!!
Oh stop it. Your making me cry and I'm spilling tears into my turkey club sandwich! Pass the macaroni salad please!
Cheryl

Teaneck, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Judged:

Once again, we have to deal with teenagers who have not been brought up to respect animals nor care about their rights and feelings.I think it is just disgusting these 'boys' did this, and I wish they could get a lot of time in jail! I hope people realize that there could be something in these kids' personalities that could take this violence to a human level, as well. This was cold-blooded murder!I am sure if the arrow had missed the turkey and killed a child, then the non-animal lovers would finally condemn these creeps.
Animals should be protected by the law, and children should be educated at a young age to love and respect them! They are God's creatures, as well!
Ex-Rutherfordian

Magnolia, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Judged:

It seems that there are two extremist points of view here. The main issue here is that NO part of Rutherford is zoned for hunting. These kids broke the law by bow hunting in a residential area.
The argument that this is animal cruelty is ridiculous.
Animals have the right to live, die, and be eaten. Do you think that bears get upset with each other when they kill a person for invading their territory? NO! It's the circle of life and we seem to forget that because we have no natural predators anymore. Are we still animals in the big scheme of things. YES! Anyone that believes different really needs to get over themselves or maybe go preach to a lion in the wild and see how far that gets them.
Think of the children? I'm a father of two and that is still not a valid argument because you are not trying to change a law here, just invoke sympathy for a turkey and that isn't going to fly.
The teenagers were disrespectful, they broke the law, and they engaged in an activity that is potentially dangerous in a suburban neighborhood.
They should eat the turkey or feed it to the homeless, not give it a proper burial.
Jimmy

Lyndhurst, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Judged:

Bill wrote:
The animal lovers are over the top as usual. Some kids had the natural instinct to hunt a wild animal and shoot it. Big deal. Wild turkeys will be the next Canada Goose problem...they need to be gassed more efficiently.
I think we should gas you, Bill. Would Ridgewood really miss another fat, balding middle-aged loser?
Jimmy

Lyndhurst, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Cliftonite wrote:
<quoted text>Oh stop it. Your making me cry and I'm spilling tears into my turkey club sandwich! Pass the macaroni salad please!
Spoken like a true sub-100 I.Q. resident of Lodi.
Jimmy

Lyndhurst, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2010

Ex-Rutherfordian wrote:
It seems that there are two extremist points of view here. The main issue here is that NO part of Rutherford is zoned for hunting. These kids broke the law by bow hunting in a residential area.
The argument that this is animal cruelty is ridiculous.
Animals have the right to live, die, and be eaten. Do you think that bears get upset with each other when they kill a person for invading their territory? NO! It's the circle of life and we seem to forget that because we have no natural predators anymore. Are we still animals in the big scheme of things. YES! Anyone that believes different really needs to get over themselves or maybe go preach to a lion in the wild and see how far that gets them.
Think of the children? I'm a father of two and that is still not a valid argument because you are not trying to change a law here, just invoke sympathy for a turkey and that isn't going to fly.
The teenagers were disrespectful, they broke the law, and they engaged in an activity that is potentially dangerous in a suburban neighborhood.
They should eat the turkey or feed it to the homeless, not give it a proper burial.
Stay in PA.
Ryan N

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Judged:

This was on the property of a school -- a child very well could have been there and been hurt. I used to play there as a kid. So, father of two, would you advocate two teenagers running around your kid's school shooting at squirrels? I doubt it.
These type of kids, killing defenseless animals for no reason, fit the psychological profile of someone who is likely to do much worse in the future. It was nice to have a bit of nature in town and it really was a sight to see them living there. But apparently it's funny to kill something that isn't hurting anyone? Thankfully, folks like you would not have the guts to say these things in public and just sound off on message boards to make yourself feel tough.
Ox Baker

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

Judged:

Jimmy, your a moronic douchebag! Once you sober up, then we will spend some time listening to you. Until then, keep your half witted opinions to yourself!
put them in jail

Plainsboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2010

Donna K wrote:
I cannot believe that there are crazies like this in our small town. The turkeys are unique and are a pleasure to watch. I can't imagine how these boys were brought up to think that killing this bird was something good. Just goes to show that just because you live in a nice town, it doesn't mean you're safe from the crazies of the world.
murders
reese

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

Judged:

Abe Lincoln wrote:
Maybe if you stopped caring so much about a turkey and more about the growing number of Rutherfords homeless I would care what you people think. You'll all feel sympathy for the turkey but not for the homeless in your own town. You all make me sick.
i feel u on dat ishhhhh!
UNBELIEVABLE

North Arlington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

I am so sick of hearing these lunatic people talkikng about the "rights" of a wild turkey! Are you people out of your minds? This is a wild animal that is legal to hunt and shoot with a a gun AND a bow and arrow in NJ and throughout the country. Yes it is not legal to hunt them in Rutherford but guess what, it's ALSO not legal for wild animals or fowl (yes, that means TURKEYS!!) to live in the borough. Nor is it legal for any animals to live in a designated open space (Lincoln Woods) nor is it legal in the Borough of Rutherford to FEED WILD AIMALS OR FOWL. Get off your ignorant high horses - you can't pick and choose which borough laws/ordinances are going to be obeyed. You can't hunt, but you also can't have then animals here OR feed them. Turn those fingers you've been pointing at these teenagers and point them right at yourselves - you are all a bunch of hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rutherford Discussions

Search the Rutherford Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Fumio gets new kosher supervising agency NEW Tue Adam Wolf 2
Review: Tirepool LLC Jul 21 pat 2
looking for biological father--- need medical h... Jul 19 needs to know 1
Portuguese monument pitched for park (Jul '13) Jul 8 robert 6
Nutley Tax Re-Assesment (Feb '06) Jul 4 nutley123 59
Bar owner, 5 others held after drug raid (Jul '07) Jun 28 harry hippo 27
Free Online Training & Certificate Offered in M... (Dec '09) Jun 26 tejeswari 36
•••
•••

Rutherford News Video

•••
•••

Rutherford Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rutherford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE