The Estate, Moonachie Rd, & Moonachie...

The Estate, Moonachie Rd, & Moonachie Ave. c.1960 Hunting preserve.

Posted in the Rutherford Forum

Thomas Fitzpatick

Ridgewood, NJ

#1 Aug 10, 2010
An evergreen hunting preserve with buildings, 3 towers and a catwalk. Destroyed c. 1960.
Thomas Fitzpatick

Ridgewood, NJ

#2 Aug 10, 2010
I lived in Moonachie from 1947 until 1964 at 42 Bruno Street. I spent many days and nights in what we called "The Estate". I would like to know when the huntiong preserve was built and who was the owner. I have a number of photos from c.1960 and would like to write an article on this wonderful place.
Linda Petersen

Hollywood, FL

#3 Apr 29, 2013
Thomas Fitzpatick wrote:
I lived in Moonachie from 1947 until 1964 at 42 Bruno Street. I spent many days and nights in what we called "The Estate". I would like to know when the huntiong preserve was built and who was the owner. I have a number of photos from c.1960 and would like to write an article on this wonderful place.
My parents were the caretakers of "The Estate" and I have pictures and can provide much of the information you are looking for. I grew up on that land from 1948 untill we moved when it was sold to Terminal Construction in 1963. Most people have no idea of the many well know dignitaries that attended the many "Hunts" that were held there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wallington NJ Rent Leveling Board, Mount Pleasa... (Apr '08) Jul 20 Mad tentant 12
News Michael J. Fox, Coldplay go 'Back to the Future... Jul 18 rcu0610 1
News Lyndhurst woman indicted on sex charges involvi... Jun 30 anoer 1
job postings in nutley township (Jun '15) Jun '16 leopard 2 16
News DUI arrest is second for Hudson County s... (Mar '09) May '16 Jerzeegrl 8
News Haley Chiropractic celebrates 16 years (Apr '10) May '16 Jordan 6
Anthony Puntolillo is a dishonest thief May '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 2

Rutherford Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rutherford Mortgages