Live Earth concerts kick off in Austr...

Live Earth concerts kick off in Australia; NJ show to follow

There are 5 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 7, 2007, titled Live Earth concerts kick off in Australia; NJ show to follow. In it, Newsday reports that:

Concerts in Sydney and Tokyo on Saturday kicked off 24 hours of music by more than 150 artists in a round-the-globe series of shows designed to raise awareness about climate change.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Greenpower

Point Lookout, NY

#1 Jul 7, 2007
Id like to know how much of a Carbon Footprint this whole event is going to leave? Stage lights, live feeds and plenty of amperage out of the musicians themselves? Not to mention the trailers with necessities for all these prima donnas.
But Maybe thats just an "inconvenient truth"
Ryan Hobley

Mount Vernon, NY

#2 Jul 7, 2007
There is no information about when the artist are playing. What is the deal. Has this info not been released to the media yet or what?
YEH

New York, NY

#3 Jul 7, 2007
Greenpower wrote:
Id like to know how much of a Carbon Footprint this whole event is going to leave? Stage lights, live feeds and plenty of amperage out of the musicians themselves? Not to mention the trailers with necessities for all these prima donnas.
Just a bunch of hypercrits preaching "DO AS I SAY" not as I do. Example: The Governor of NJ chastising Washington while he races around the state (at over 90 mph) in a gas guzzling SUV. Not to mention the havoc he caused on the road. I wonder, did he ever apologize to the young man they tried to blame the accident on? Probably not.
NIMBY Island

Trumbull, CT

#4 Jul 7, 2007
Greenpower wrote:
Al Gore has alined himself with all the world's energy glutoons; rock stars and hollywood hypocrites. There aren't enough "carbon credits" in the world to offset this Live Earth Sham. Nobody with half a brain is taking this event seriously.
Pandadoll

Hackensack, NJ

#5 Jul 7, 2007
Bump this...

It is important....

Don't be part of the problem....

Be part of the SOLUTION !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rutherford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
job postings in nutley township Jun 30 leopard 2 3
Nutley Public Affairs (Jul '13) Jun 30 leopard 2 2
News Free Online Training & Certificate Offered in M... (Dec '09) Jun 18 ponni 44
News Honeywell shuts Teterboro aviation plant (Mar '07) Jun 16 Bill Pinzon 40
Review: Carbone Automotive Repair (Dec '08) Jun 15 Discustedd Customer 2
Review: Tirepool LLC (May '14) Jun 6 Shanice Prince 13
Jeff May '15 Bruh 1
More from around the web

Rutherford People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Rutherford Mortgages