Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

Judged:

Sheriff Tony Lippa is doing a great job in our county,it is very easy to put someone down but you people know that we have a fine department.Lippa has done a fine job. I guess some of you don't remember old Homer? My household will be voting for Mr.Lippa.
Interested Bystander

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

Judged:

stonewall park wrote:
Sheriff Tony Lippa is doing a great job in our county,it is very easy to put someone down but you people know that we have a fine department.Lippa has done a fine job. I guess some of you don't remember old Homer? My household will be voting for Mr.Lippa.
Maybe you should check the turnover rate. Well trained veteran deputies have been leaving for years because of the atmosphere there. And the deputies are the ones doing a fine job, and not because of him, and despite the favoritism, nepotism, and bullying tactics.
IN CAROLINE

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

well said bystander, Homer has nothing to do with the last 8 years....
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2011

Judged:

Honestly, I don't think we had a quarter of the controversy with Homer.

All of the backstabbing, infighting, and deceit have shown up much more recently... as bystander said... not to mention the pronounced nepotism and underhanded tactics along with the agenda of the administration. Let's talk about the raging civil war with Spencer or whose family wants a job... be it with the law enforcement agency or the coaching spot at CHS...

I don't know what's worse. The agendas, the dirty tactics, the loss of decent deputies (few of which remain), the nepotism, or how it's all tailored to seem like the 'right thing to do'. I hope for this county's sake, that change is coming soon.
I know what is up

Dahlgren, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2011

Judged:

Concerned, you are right on the dime. Excellent deputies and investigators have had enough of the bullying and illegal tactics and are leaving in droves. This is a disservice to the citizens of Caroline.
ivnws4u

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

concerned wrote:
Honestly, I don't think we had a quarter of the controversy with Homer.
That's because Homer didn't do anything.
Interested Bystander

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

What Homer did or didn't do isnt the issue. That was over 8 years ago.
Bill Tate

Ruther Glen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

Homer was totally ineffective. No accreditation, low arrests, just sit back and eat donuts.
concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2011

Judged:

Say what you will about Homer. This is not about him. This is about the effective running of an agency and the best candidate to do it.

So there have been programs that have improved since Homer's time. There is no way not to acknowledge that. And I have no issues with the first four years of this administration. But once the second term hit, the corruption set in. Anyone who has paid remote attention to the news knows that. Scandals involving family members, who got what job here or there... for crying out loud Homer didn't hire his daughter.

What kind of impartiality do you really expect when you know the ranks aren't being handled fairly? My concern is the problems of sexual allegations among deputies... two were ushered out the door for this, not to mention other issues that happened on duty. Those who are buddy-buddy have the distinct advantage of immunity in discreet or not so discreet ways; be they offenders, supporters, or others. Go ahead and disagree, but sounds a lot like the ol good ol boy system to me. I could list dozens and dozens of instances where the motivations have been questionable, but I will not insult your intelligence here. Anyone who has been in this county during the last four years has a pretty good idea of what has gone down.

Point blank: Caroline County deserves unbiased, fair law enforcement. Those who are using and being used by the agency need to be stopped. When corruption and law enforcement go hand in hand, there is no "justice for all".

Look to someone who works for truth and integrity and has no problem showing that this is what Caroline deserves.
Virginia Pilgrim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Judged:

IN CAROLINE wrote:
how about quoted in the papper with Clyde C Davenport, 2010 national nightsout , Clyde was charged with 5 counts of forcible sodomy in 2008
HMMMMMMMM...I wonder just how good a friend Lippa was to Davenport?
Virginia Pilgrim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Ok..Once an for all...Would you vote for Sherriff Lippa give all of the information that has been in the papers, talked about on this website, and everything you have heard about Lippa's misuse of power and good old boy attitude?
justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

Judged:

Nobody should vote for him because he is apart of the problem in caroline. Is anyone running against him.
ivnws4u

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

A lot of you people here talk about scandal and hiring practices, etc. But you haven't said anything factual that can be corroborated or backed up. It's county gossip that you probably got third hand. Right now it's all innuendo and nothing more.
Scandal? Where? Only in your minds. Dream on, losers.
I know what is up

Dahlgren, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

IN CAROLINE wrote:
YES HIS STAFF IS LOYAL BECAUSE HE HAS HIS WHOLE FAMILY WORKING FOR HIM....
And lippa makes sure that his family members paychecks are higher than other people in the same position..... it's public information!
I know what is up

Dahlgren, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

justice wrote:
Nobody should vote for him because he is apart of the problem in caroline. Is anyone running against him.
Charles Garnett. He will put an end to this good old boy stuff!
IN CAROLINE

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

ivnws4u wrote:
A lot of you people here talk about scandal and hiring practices, etc. But you haven't said anything factual that can be corroborated or backed up. It's county gossip that you probably got third hand. Right now it's all innuendo and nothing more.
Scandal? Where? Only in your minds. Dream on, losers.
its all been reported, we are no longer afraid!!!
Mike

La Plata, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

I know I'm voting Garnett all the way. I have heard only nice things about him. I know there is a lot of dirty stuff going on in that sheriffs office and has been for years. Lippa is only out for the rich and people that he can put in his pocket. Ive heard that feom a lot of people. How many deputies have left because they are the good ones? I talked to Garnett at the Harvest feat in BG. He talked to me like I was his friend. THEN.....I tried to talk to Lippa. I could tell that he waa putting on a act. I guess I didnt dress nice enough. He snubbed me and turned his back like i was nobody. I just walked away knowing that he wasnt gwttin my vote.
Bowling Green

La Plata, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

stonewall park wrote:
Sheriff Tony Lippa is doing a great job in our county,it is very easy to put someone down but you people know that we have a fine department.Lippa has done a fine job. I guess Bowling of you don't remember old Homer? My household will be voting for Mr.Lippa.
Stonewall Park! Where the hell have you been??? I guess you must be one of the rich ppl in the county that he has wrapped around his finger. He has picked on and belittled my family so bad. He sends his little messengers he calls his deputies to harass us on a regular basis. Lippa aint no count for nothin. It boiles down that he is just a bully. True the cars and uniforms are nicer. But what has he really done for us? I only had one person that i trusted in that whole department. NOW HE IS GONE I HEAR!! When will this all stop? I hope Lippa looses!!!!! I have friends that he constantly does the same thing to. We all live in fear around here. You cant even talk to the police anymore. They act like they dont wana have anything to do with you unless they have a warrant. I think Garnett will be better. Anything has gotta be better than what we got now.
Bowling Green

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2011

Judged:

Ivnws4u.
I guess you must be one of Lippas little drones!!!!! Or you maybe him..........the great lippa himself. What a joke!!
ivnws4u

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

Judged:

In Caroline...where has it been reported?
The only thing I've seen is all of the negative politicking here with NO substantiation.
Show me where it's been reported?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of338
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ruther Glen Discussions

Search the Ruther Glen Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) 13 hr Ludwig 2,543
I hate Caroline County (Jan '07) Jul 11 Wendi S 137
Any T-Mobile Users ? Jul 8 Nah 2
Lake Caroline....?? (May '12) Jul 7 Wornout 19
Mike Hall chief of police at MWU Jun 26 Concerned1 3
Review: Dominion Equipment Parts, LLC Jun 17 dominionrichmond 1
Clyde Davenport Jun '14 eyeroller 2
•••
•••
•••
Ruther Glen Dating

more search filters

less search filters