First Prev
of 2
Next Last
SouthernBelle

Richmond, VA

#1 Sep 12, 2012
Fact or rumor? I heard that the Timbers was closing due to failed management and that Romas owner from Bowling Green has taken over the lease. It will be hard to compete with Guiseppes. Under new management, Timbers will prosper.
ivnws4u

Fredericksburg, VA

#2 Sep 13, 2012
That rumor came up months ago. Don't think TWO Italian restaurants could survive side by side in this small of a market.
meme

AOL

#3 Sep 13, 2012
I thought Romas, Guiseppes and Angelas were all owned ny the same family?
ivnws4u

Fredericksburg, VA

#4 Sep 14, 2012
Uh, family yes, but there's been some estrangement I've been told.
kciv2012

Ashland, VA

#5 Sep 22, 2012
As a long time customer of both Giuseppe's and Angela's i know for a fact that Giuseppe's and Angela's ARE family related but Roma's is definitely NOT family.We seriously DONT need another italian resturant when we already have two so close together.... In my opinion some variety would be great! please keep me posted on the facts. i would like to know whats going on in ladysmith and if this is a fact or rumor.
Bubba

Gloucester, VA

#6 Sep 24, 2012
What do you expect?The wife is sweet but the owner is a complete blow hard. All during dinner you have to listen to him talk about how great he is to all the customers and no use moving around his voice is so loud you can hear him anywhere and not surprsing anyone who talks that much about what a great businessman they are probably isn't.The food was not bad but not consistent.Put it under a new owner with a similar concept and it will prosper
Lori

Alexandria, VA

#7 Sep 28, 2012
As I have heard from many people Giuseppe's and Roma's ownership are not related in any way possible. Giuseppe's and Angela's are related though. As some have said having two Italian restaurants side by side is completely ridiculous,as a resident in this area I would of much rather been content with having a variety to choose from instead of now having two Italian restaurants! Also hearing that the owner of Timbers has a greed issue and instead of letting a different restaurant come he is now letting another Italian restaurant who doesn't belong open. Giuseppe's is and always will be the place I choose because its been in this area for the past eleven years and nobody compares to them!
Lori

Alexandria, VA

#8 Sep 28, 2012
meme wrote:
I thought Romas, Guiseppes and Angelas were all owned ny the same family?
Giuseppe's and Roma's are NOT family related what so ever.
kciv2012

United States

#9 Sep 29, 2012
I agree and have heard the same rumors as lori. But does anyone know yet?
SouthernBelle

Richmond, VA

#10 Oct 1, 2012
If someone with restaurant management skills were to take over the Timbers, with similiar cuisine, it would certainly prosper in the area. The problem with the Timbers was not the location, service or food but with the management. I'm sure that whomever takes over the lease has enough business sense to realize that another Italian restaurant would not be advantageous.
yep

Ruther Glen, VA

#11 Oct 31, 2012
was at the caroline county dmv yesterday and an italian guy was filling out a business license...said he was taking over Timbers and that he was going to change the menu about 50%....im not a good fan of italian food.
Randy

Richmond, VA

#12 Oct 31, 2012
MORE Italian food? Will Ladysmith ever branch out? I'm getting sick of dollar stores and Italian restaurants.
RAG

Ashland, VA

#13 Oct 31, 2012
a business license at the DMV? Is he putting in a drive thru???
yep

Ruther Glen, VA

#14 Nov 5, 2012
rag rag rag.....DMV counter and business license counter are close by
Robert

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Nov 5, 2012
They're close because the businesses move in and out of the county so quickly.
Homegrown

Ruther Glen, VA

#16 Nov 13, 2012
Just for your info, The Timbers has not and will not close. The past management took over a failing business 3 years ago and turn it around to making money. The focus at that time was to fix a business that was not successful and lease the building. It appears that the past management was able to acheive the goals set three years ago.
My problem with these chat rooms is that you can hide behind a computer and be critical and rude. Bet you would not say these things to his face.
Southern Belle and Bubba, do these names describe you? Your comments reflect little or no class when you choose to attack someone behind a computer
I can make the above statements as I know the past owner personally. He has worked hard to build a successfull business in the worst economy, in an area that does not support local businesses, while running a number of other businesses in the area. How many of you have ventured out and taken chances on businesses and buildings,investing millions, hoping that your business plan is on target and there will be enough local support.
Dave

Richmond, VA

#17 Nov 14, 2012
Let's get a sports bar/rest. in the area. A wide selection of good beer, good food, and a inviting atmosphere. I'm SICK and TIRED of driving to Fredericksburg or Richmond to drink a craft beer and watch a football game. I thought Caroline County would have this type of place by now.
ivnws4u

Fredericksburg, VA

#18 Nov 15, 2012
As stated above a lot of people don't support local businesses enough to support such a venture. As more people move here, probably like yourself, there will be a viable clientele that will support such a venture.
Scheven

Partlow, VA

#19 Nov 15, 2012
Homegrown, if you know the past owner personally, you know that he was in it from the start. He hired a manager even letting him name the restaurant. The past owner then decided he wanted to bring "culture" to Ladysmith. He fired the manager, changed the menu and renamed the restaurant to The Timbers. I will say that the bad economy did have a part in bringing down his business, but I think if he had changed it to an affordable family restaurant it would have attracted more customers. I don't understand why he leased to another Italian restaurant, makes me wonder about his actions.
well

Ruther Glen, VA

#20 Nov 18, 2012
I walked in Timbers tonight around 5:30...no one paid me any mind. No one to greet me. Hardly anyone around. One person at the bar, didn't even look at me. I walked out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ruther Glen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lake caroline news (Nov '09) Dec 15 Ladysmith 13
Former Candidate for the School Board Arrested ... Dec 12 Senate drive 2
Man guilty in beating that caused miscarriage A... Dec 3 lostsoul 1
need a beautifull zulu woman must be btn 30 -45... Nov 28 Andey 1
Did Lake Land'Or ever get Comcast Broadband? Nov 23 Matt 5
Curious Nov '14 Curious 1
Review: Thornburg Auto & Truck Repair Oct '14 Thornburg Auto 2
Ruther Glen Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web