Fed UP

Columbus, OH

#1 May 26, 2014
Seems like everything has died down concerning Durrteet Road. Please don't think that just beause you haven't heard from us in a while, we don't still have issues. The road is lika a washboard. It is tearing our cars apart. The condition of this road does not stop speeders, if anything it makes it more unsafe because the holes and ruts in the road make it hard to control a vehicle. The "joy-riders" that get off on speeding over the terrible road conditions need to please think about oncoming trsffic and the dangers that are involved in meeting someone. I do not appreciate having to almost stop because someone is coming at me at a much too high rate of speed for those conditions. VDOT, please pay some much needed attention to us !!!!!!
curious804

Ashland, VA

#2 May 29, 2014
I agree 100%. I have called in reports several times and I am told that no-one else calls in. The road needs work and no-one wants to try to help get anything done. Another issue is speed. idiots think they are on 95. they don't think about the joggers, the elderly and kids on the road. what if they were to hit one. another issue is the stop signs at they. They don't stop. I had an accident there last Saturday and almost another one yesterday. People drive thru with-out looking or stopping coming from the Y to the village and village to Y. People need to understand that Durrette raod is a State road, NOT private and needs to be treated that way
ticked

Ruther Glen, VA

#3 Sep 14, 2014
The speeders and joyriders not only pose a danger to others and tear up the surface of Durrette Road, they produce an enormous cloud of dust that envelopes the nearby residences. I was out walking my dog a few days ago, and the dust plume that was generated by vehicles traveling on Durrete Road was unbelievable. C'mon VDOT! Do something!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ruther Glen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man guilty in beating that caused miscarriage A... Jan 20 big daddy oreo 2
Lake Caroline....?? (May '12) Dec '14 TIC 24
lake caroline news (Nov '09) Dec '14 Parent 14
Former Candidate for the School Board Arrested ... Dec '14 Senate drive 2
need a beautifull zulu woman must be btn 30 -45... Nov '14 Andey 1
Did Lake Land'Or ever get Comcast Broadband? (Jul '14) Nov '14 Matt 5
Curious Nov '14 Curious 1
Ruther Glen Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web