Timbers Restaurant
farmgirl

AOL

#1 Oct 18, 2010
Tried for lunch. Thought it was over priced. Ate in Historic downtown Fredericksburg for less. Paid for
mixed drink, doubt if there was any alcohol in it. TV's, in the empty bar, were blaring into the dining area. Heard it was better, but I didn't see any improvement.
Would rather drive farther for something better.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Oct 19, 2010
I agree with the food part. It is absolutely horrid! The pork bites just really suck plain and simple. The hot shrimp appetizers was just baby shrimp with hot sauce. The owner is great and is trying hard. The part I dont understand is they have a farm that sells produce up the street and a butcher down in bowling green. they could use both of these vendors to provide a fresh local fair which helps local farmers and local economy but go buy frozen from a supplier. If they improve food they will improve business.
Disagree

Wicomico, VA

#3 Oct 19, 2010
My family eats there from time to time. I would not call it fine dining, but the food is good and it is sometimes nice not to have to drive a half hour if we are just to lazy to cook. When you figure the added cost of gas, the prices are ok too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ruther Glen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I hate Caroline County (Jan '07) Dec 4 KIlLeasey 143
Virginia Department Corrections Nov 17 Failed Leadership 1
sb i 95 Sep '17 trap 1
Grant League (Feb '13) Aug '17 callout 5
I'm about to me to Lake Land Or am I stupid? (Apr '08) Feb '17 fishinbuddy 53
Moving to Lake Land'or (Jun '09) Feb '17 Aqua Hater 12
Lake Land'or GM (Jul '13) Jan '17 Jane Austen 12

Ruther Glen Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance