Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Sep 13, 2013
Power to the people

Richmond, VA

#1 Jul 30, 2013
Is the Lake Land'or GM getting out of control? It appears that he is doing things his way despite the what the community says. The community is the ruler and he works for them. By way of google it appears this is a trend in the way he works. Does a great job then begins to think that the residents/slash citizens dont really know what they want but he does. Please lets not let this happen again.
Maybe

Ruther Glen, VA

#2 Jul 30, 2013
That's why he applied to be GM at Lake Caroline now?
power to the people

Richmond, VA

#3 Jul 31, 2013
They can have him. Doesnt last long anywhere!
Jim Tate

Reading, PA

#4 Jul 31, 2013
He currently lives in Ladysmith Village, maybe he's moving to Lake Caroline and wants to be part of the Board.
Power to the People

Richmond, VA

#5 Aug 1, 2013
He couldnt sell that house in LSV if he wanted to. He wants to go to Lake Caroline where the dues are more. He will bring his office manager and her computer is always broke when you need something. The community will love him at first then it will start to shift around year two. See history has a way of repeating itself. His track record is Bowling Green,Elkton and Lake landor. I figure he will soon be out in LLO and Lake Caroline will be his next stop. If you dont believe me google him and all articles will follow.
Power to the People

Richmond, VA

#6 Aug 1, 2013
A little comment I picked up in an elkton va blog. It sounds interesting and seems like it is happening again.

This is from 2006. They also reference bowling green. Hmmmm.

Elkton should be ashamed of itself and how unprofessional it behaves.
The mayor has serious power issues. Just last year the town attempted to have it's charter amended to allow the Town Manager to have general administrative authority over the police department, for what ever reason the p.d. had been under the purview of the mayor. Printz went all the way to Richmond to fight this, and won. Shouldn't the manager be given power to run the day-to-day operations?

Mayors elected at large are not uncommon in Virginia's municipal system. There are advantages to both forms, but in reality Printz along with other mayors whether appointed internally or elected at large function as figure heads for the community and individuals who maintain order in public meetings. As far as running the day to day operations those town's with managers that are given autonomy to do their jobs function wonderfully those with busy body mayors like Printz perform like.... well Elkton

Speaking of the manager, look a little closer into his history, he was a former town manager in a town called Bowling Green in Caroline County, VA, but before that he was a council member NOT a trained public administrator who was appointed during a vacancy in the manager's position. That may be part of the current conflict. He may be trying to be the eighth council member.
Don

Richmond, VA

#7 Aug 1, 2013
Hello everyone,

My name is Don, I will be the new General Manager at Lake Land'or. I first will be doing an extensive search for rednecks in the community...once they are located and secured, they will be shipped over to Lake Caroline. After that project I will be pushing for the beach to be mandatory topless. Thank you, God Bless America.
Concerned Property Owner

Ashland, VA

#8 Aug 1, 2013
Don,

you are fired before you are hired.
Lake Caroline Resident

Ashland, VA

#9 Sep 1, 2013
So what's going on with this? Is the General Manager still causing problems with Lake Land 'Or? Did the General Manager at Lake Land 'Or really apply at Lake Caroline or what?
Concerned Property Owner

Ashland, VA

#10 Sep 13, 2013
As I sat in a Lake Land 'Or Board meeting on Wednesday night listening to the General Manager argue with a resident, I could not help but wonder about why the Board was allowing such a thing to happen. This was a Board meeting and what right did the General Manager have arguing with a resident in the middle of the meeting. Does the General Manager now think he is a Board member? It is my opinion that the Lake Land Or Board members need to remind the General Manager that he is an employee and not a Board member.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ruther Glen Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm about to me to Lake Land Or am I stupid? (Apr '08) Fri Krizzah 49
Ashland business leader faces 9 sex charges (Sep '13) Aug 20 next generation 4
Timbers closing (Sep '12) Aug 6 Lord Landor 31
Lake Caroline....?? (May '12) Aug 6 Lord Landor 22
Did Lake Land'Or ever get Comcast Broadband? Aug 6 Lord Landor 2
VA VA Property Tax Exemption for Veterans, Question 2 (Oct '10) Aug 1 Time Flys 2,546
Redskin in Ladysmith August 2nd Jul '14 Ladysmith 1
•••
•••
•••

Ruther Glen Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ruther Glen People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••