Bluegrass Cellular: Home Broadband Service

Posted in the Russellville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Family Internet

Bowling Green, KY

#1 May 28, 2010
I have family that lives near Russellville that have absolutely no broadband (according to them).

I was researching and noticed that bluegrass cellular recently started some kind of cellular home broadband service.

Is it any good?

Thanks!
meee

Russellville, KY

#2 May 28, 2010
Prob not bluegrass just sucks altogether..
Just me

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 May 30, 2010
Our cell phone service is AT&T. My husband needed fast Internet for his job so we tried blue grass wireless IT IS GREAT!!!! Very fast, little high in price but fast if u need it!! We live in daysville. We even told our friends and since us there has been 3-4 others that got it and love it!! Good luck
his girl

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jun 5, 2010
well lets say that i've had my run around with the internet and i finally was able to get the internet through bluegrass! its fabulous! att kept tellin me this bs about how i could only get dial-up bc i was too far out. i couldn't get anything except dial-up through logan tele bc i was in the russellville city limts, so i was screwed until i got the wireless broadband through bluegrass. we love it!
yeah right

Auburn, KY

#5 Jun 7, 2010
meee wrote:
Prob not bluegrass just sucks altogether..
I have a minimum minuites plan throgh at&t 400mins a month and a add on line at 9.99 that shares my 400 mins, alnong with unlimited text and i have to pay 150.00 a month. at&t sucks, whenever i figure how much money it takes to leave my contract im out. i know a friend who has home internet, and unlimited net through there phone and like 800 mins a month unlimited text and got a iphone for free with 2 yr contract. and dont pay but like 100$ a month all through at&t, my butt hurts everymonth i get the bill. bluegrass is the way if you dont want contracts and all the b.s.
3 blind mice

Lewisburg, KY

#6 Jun 12, 2010
My sister needs something besides dialup she has Logantele too but they say she cannot get dsl through them.She lives between Rville and Lewisburg. If she got broadband for her home pc how much does it cost a month just for the one home pc? Anyone know? She is on low income.
andy milinokas

Lewisburg, KY

#7 Jun 12, 2010
3 blind mice wrote:
My sister needs something besides dialup she has Logantele too but they say she cannot get dsl through them.She lives between Rville and Lewisburg. If she got broadband for her home pc how much does it cost a month just for the one home pc? Anyone know? She is on low income.
She should be able to get dsl through logan telephone, the bad thing is they dont offer stand alone internet service you have to get a phone service through them to in order to get dsl, which makes it around i think 150$ a month, thats a rough estimate i went to logan tel a while back to see how to get internet at my house, i didnt want a home phone cause i have a cell, and they told me I couldnt get stand alone internet through them that id have to have phone service through them to what a bummer huh...
well i think

Russellville, KY

#8 Jun 14, 2010
i hate bluegrass they dont help u with shit they just tell u to take the batterie out and put it back it in like its all damn fine again!!!!! and there phones are shit toooo

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#9 Jun 14, 2010
I just got bluegrass broadband and I live in Olmstead. It is awesome. Very very fast. Love it!
duh

Auburn, KY

#10 Jun 15, 2010
It does suck that you can't get stand alone internet through Logan Telephone, BUT the total bill for phone and the highest speed DSL they have is $82 a month. We don't use the phone (don't even have a home phone plugged in) but its not $150 as previously stated.
nutty buddy

Lewisburg, KY

#11 Jun 15, 2010
duh wrote:
It does suck that you can't get stand alone internet through Logan Telephone, BUT the total bill for phone and the highest speed DSL they have is $82 a month. We don't use the phone (don't even have a home phone plugged in) but its not $150 as previously stated.
the 150 i said was a rough estimate i checked into that like 6 months ago, lol 82 aint bad though, If i get at&t stand alone net service, will my reception speed be based upon what cellular service i get? like ex: I live in the boonies, my cell is atnt, i get horrible reception like pathetic service, so if i get standalone dsl net through them does that mean since my cell service sucks my net service will to?
duh

Auburn, KY

#12 Jun 15, 2010
If you get the wireless cards from AT&T where ever you are has to have decent cell service to pick up net service. I know we can't get AT&T anything in the middle of no where. No choice what so ever. Well satellite through hughesnet but thats more than Logan Tele for phone and net, and satellite will go out any time it rains.
Family Internet

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Jun 16, 2010
you know me probably wrote:
I just got bluegrass broadband and I live in Olmstead. It is awesome. Very very fast. Love it!
Great thank you! Their going to go in and try it out.
some get all the luck

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Mar 19, 2011
Family Internet wrote:
<quoted text>
Great thank you! Their going to go in and try it out.
WHEN BLUEGRASS STARTED THIS PROGRAM IT WAS UNLIMITED INTERNET NATIONWIDE AND I HEARD THAT WAS A GREAT PROGRAM, BUT NOW YOUR ONLY RESTRICTED TO YOUR AREA AND ONLY WITH A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF INTERNET TIME(NOT UNLIMITED) ALL THE CUSTOMERS THAT JUMPED ON BOARD EARLY IS GETTING NATIONWIDE UNLIMITED INTERNET FOR 19.99 A MONTH AND NOW YOU WILL PAY SO MUCH MORE FOR THAT. THE NEW CUSTOMERS WERE GRANDFATHERED IN AND HAVE IT FOR LIFE, BUT AS A CONSUMER YOU HEAR ABOUT IT AND CHECK IT OUT, WAY TO HIGH AND WAY TOO LIMITED, HEY BLUEGRASS CELL, WE THE PUBLIC WOULD LIKE SOME GOOD DEALS OTHER THAT YOUR SMALL LOTTERY TICKETS THE REST OF US ARE SHEEP. THANX!!!!
his girl

Russellville, KY

#15 Mar 20, 2011
some get all the luck wrote:
<quoted text>
WHEN BLUEGRASS STARTED THIS PROGRAM IT WAS UNLIMITED INTERNET NATIONWIDE AND I HEARD THAT WAS A GREAT PROGRAM, BUT NOW YOUR ONLY RESTRICTED TO YOUR AREA AND ONLY WITH A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF INTERNET TIME(NOT UNLIMITED) ALL THE CUSTOMERS THAT JUMPED ON BOARD EARLY IS GETTING NATIONWIDE UNLIMITED INTERNET FOR 19.99 A MONTH AND NOW YOU WILL PAY SO MUCH MORE FOR THAT. THE NEW CUSTOMERS WERE GRANDFATHERED IN AND HAVE IT FOR LIFE, BUT AS A CONSUMER YOU HEAR ABOUT IT AND CHECK IT OUT, WAY TO HIGH AND WAY TOO LIMITED, HEY BLUEGRASS CELL, WE THE PUBLIC WOULD LIKE SOME GOOD DEALS OTHER THAT YOUR SMALL LOTTERY TICKETS THE REST OF US ARE SHEEP. THANX!!!!
We got our internet service about 6 months ago, and it is still the same now. If you are an existing customer, then it is $55 a month for UNLIMITED internet use. If you are not an existing customer, it is $60 a month. This is their home internet, not the phone internet. The internet you can get on your phone is more expensive now. We were grandfathered in because we have had a contract through them...but its not for life. When our contract is up, our price will go up as well. But then we will get the 2 lines for $120 a month...net, text, multimedia, etc. I still love BlueGrass bc I get service when ATT doesn't!
just me

Hopkinsville, KY

#16 Mar 22, 2011
they can also try electric plant board. its good too but we had too many trees for it to work for us
personally

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Mar 23, 2011
I have had Bluegrass Internet for going on 3 months now. My sister in law had it first and i tried it out at her house. It is very fast. And it costs $60 a month if you do NOT have phone service with them. If you do have phone service with them they take off $5 thus making it $55 a month. I still get unlimited usage of my internet, and quite frankly haven't heard of them cutting that out. But bluegrass is the way to go. They do get signal where AT&T doesn't, and I live way back in a holler and i still get enough signal on my phone and net to work as fast as i like on the computer. I have no complaints.
KG4KBU

Gary, IN

#18 Aug 14, 2011
Also folks check out millenicom. They have plans and they run about the same. Some of their plans run off sprint and others off verizon. No contract or taxes either www.millenicom.com
mikedenney

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Aug 27, 2011
I have AT&T Mobile, and hate everything about it--and that's just the phone. Their phones suck--my clunky, unresponsive, glitchy HTC Aria drops EVERY SINGLE call at least once...it's like trying to use an ancient aerial-style B/W TV with a homemade wire hanger antenna to get a satellite signal...it's that bad.
Also, I happen to hate Insight, too--everything about 'em, now. Their pressure sales gimmicks on every phone call, their constant TV ads smack of a giant monopoly taking root here, and I hate it.
Their 10.0 broadband prices shooting from $30 to $45 overnight, all while they're pouring literally millions into their smooth, catchy, misinforming TV spots (which you can't flip through without seeing at least one).
I've nearly 'petitioned' the city (BG) regarding some competition for them, without a single response. They're bought up--heck, the city uses them, and it's awful hard to teach old dogs new tricks.
All for nil.
I've been thinking about trying BlueGrass broadband for months now--I heard about it on D93, I think...
I went in and saw the modem, and liked it.
I work on computers, and build them, too, so it's in my best interest to have them hooked up to the best, fastest, most reliable ISP locally.
I've already told several of my customers to go out to Bluegrass and ask some questions, to see if their service would help them overcome the problems they've had with Hughes.net (with their slower-than-dialup connection rates,'minutes', and insanely ridiculous 'tokens' program).
Nobody's done it so far, so now I'm tired of waiting for any 'market results' from my local customers, and am considering Bluegrass for myself.
I have some questions, though, before begin paying $60/mo.(I don't have Bluegrass phone service):
"Can you use it anywhere, like, on the road, etc.?"
I got the impression that it's like an all-in-one modem/router, ok, that i understood, or even a wireless broadband AP of some kind, so it receives the same signal everywhere within BlueGrass's range.
Anyone try using it in an FV, van, or even a car? To me, that would make sense, almost like a cloud AP in bigger cities (they use them while carpooling).
Is there a car power adapter? I would think so, but I'm asking here, for honest info. I know it might work on a power inverter, like many cars have from the factory today, but anyone try it yet?
Is there anyone who's tried it on a trip, like a family vacation to Cumberland Falls, or LBL? I know AT&T was nonexistent right @ the Cumberland Falls lodge, but in Somerset and Corbin had 'ok' signals (for AT&T anyway). So, any 'netspotters' out there? Anyone know the range / strength of the Bluegrass signal from a 'non-commissioned' consumer standpoint? How about the signal up at Holiday World? Anyone try Cincy, or even tried 'crazy' stuff like down in the mountains? How about the camping and interstate rest areas? I'd love to hear some reports, even if they dash my hopes.
If you could use the Bluegrass router 'on the road', the possibilities seem pretty expansive--you could [feasibly] mount one inside a motorcycle (waterproof it) and even get road hazard reports and hear bitstreamed radio over websites like ' TuneIn.com ', and listen to police scanners on ' RadioReference.com '. You could even access your home mp3 collection anywhere with your 'Google Music' Beta account. Families could watch Netflix movies on the road during camping trips, or road trips.
It'd be cool.
It'd be...
It'd be 'boss'.
("Yeah, I'm a geek--wanna fight about it?")
Just me

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Sep 1, 2011
We love our bluegrass wireless, Att and electric plant board couldn't help we live too far out with lots of tress by creek

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smile, Beautiful? 20 min YouaintseencraZyy... 7
lacy king PSA 3 hr lol 16
Matt Allen 4 hr kim 2
jose garica 4 hr curious 1
Bobby Chestnut (Nov '13) 4 hr TooFunny 72
cindy johnson 4 hr sister 3
best friend 4 hr friend 9
More from around the web

Russellville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE