Stevenson Elementary School

Posted in the Russellville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Suggestion

Auburn, KY

#2 Apr 21, 2011
If I were you I would look into sending your child to a different school, my child went there was always in trouble according to the teacher, but when she transferred to another school, she has not had any issues. Another thing when she was at SES she was average on her grades, but behind at her new school. I really hate that school, they should learn to do their job!!!
tooooo

Russellville, KY

#3 Apr 21, 2011
Oooooo nooooooo
MeMe

Dunmor, KY

#4 Apr 21, 2011
I think Stevenson is a great school. I have heard lots of good things about this school. My child just recently moved to this school and he said it was the best school he has ever been to. The Family Resource Center is wonderful. Mrs. Kees and Mrs. Elliott do a great job and are very helpful. Being a teacher has got to be a tough job. To all the teachers,aides,cafeteria workers, office staff, etc. I say "Great Job"
Concerned parent

Russellville, KY

#5 Apr 22, 2011
My question is, what did the family resource center do for you? Of course they would be great if they gave you clothes, and everything else. If thats the case you must have needed it. I'm not saying anything bad about that. My child gets picked on almost everyday and nothing has been done about it. If he talks a little too much in class they want me and my husband to stop everything for a meeting. They have their favorites and fear being accused of discrimination toward certain students. I have a few friends who have somewhat of the same problem. The cost of transferring to another school is crazy.
ajoke

Lewisburg, KY

#6 Apr 22, 2011
oh for sure!!!stevenson is a bias school!!!!it is dirty and there is constant head lice(you know this if your kids go there)my child went there for the first three years of school and i was constanly fighting head lice!!! finally i sent my child to a county school and all has been well.my child is on the honor role and hasnt had head lice since i took my child out of stevenson...there is a problem there with bullying and the lack of concern the teachers and principals have on that matter.the best thing ever to happen to my child was going to a county school.
Beast

Auburn, KY

#7 Apr 22, 2011
Give me 100 and I'll make not only his eyes roll back but his head to
lexi

Eddyville, KY

#8 Apr 22, 2011
ajoke wrote:
oh for sure!!!stevenson is a bias school!!!!it is dirty and there is constant head lice(you know this if your kids go there)my child went there for the first three years of school and i was constanly fighting head lice!!! finally i sent my child to a county school and all has been well.my child is on the honor role and hasnt had head lice since i took my child out of stevenson...there is a problem there with bullying and the lack of concern the teachers and principals have on that matter.the best thing ever to happen to my child was going to a county school.
That's weird, there has not been any cases of head lice there since your kid left??
Concerned parent

Morgantown, KY

#9 Apr 22, 2011
My children all went to Stevenson Elementary its an awesome school. As far as head lice mine haven't had it!!!! Don't try and ruin our school system if you don't like it take them to another school.
concerned

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Apr 22, 2011
Stevenson is the best school around. I find everybody with the exception of one lady, very friendly, teachers eager to help, I haven't heard of any bullying and certainly no head lice, not a sin to have head lice, but wrong to keep them, so maybe its you, did you wash your bed covers and clean everything properly???Humm, makes me wonder. I love the school system---awesome place. You have something personal going on probably from way back with one of the teachers thats long gone.
DUH

Russellville, KY

#11 Apr 22, 2011
haha i have two kids in stevenson. i really like the preschool program but hate the primary program. my older child crys when she has to get up in the morning to go to school. she is vert scared of her eachers aid.as for head lice, my kids have got it twice this year. when we was in county they have never got it. thats do to certain parents not keeping their children clean, lice spreads like wild fire even if one child has it.im moving just so my children can go to a county school. it really just depends on the grade and teacher. diffrent stokes for diffrent folks. i personally wouldnt recommeand going there if u dont have too. unless its preschool.
aww

Lewisburg, KY

#12 Apr 23, 2011
huh?
aww

Lewisburg, KY

#13 Apr 23, 2011
do you really think ses is that bad??
Mad Mommy

Russellville, KY

#14 Apr 23, 2011
I have had countless meetings with the principle's there and nothing ever changes!! I am not saying my son' teacher is bad frankly I like her! I just can' seem to gt anything done about the way my son is treated by the other students and when he gets mad enough to strike back HE GETS IN TROUBLE!!! I am not by no means a prejudice person, but the little boy that treats him badly is African American and nothing is ever done!!! I do think he gets away with it simply because the school is afraid his mom and dad are going to automatically assume that they are picking on him! I am moving my some next year and he will not be back there that school is retarded!! Heak if you pay attention to the sign's in front of the high school half the time they are misspelled!! I HATE RUSSELLVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT!!!
Proud of Rville Schools

Bowling Green, KY

#15 Apr 23, 2011
So, let me see if I have this right! You stated that your son is treated badly by other students, but then you say it's one little African American boy. Which is it? One boy? Several boys? All of the boys in his class?
How many times have you met with the principal and/or assistant principal (NOT principle) and what did they tell you?
I'm proud of the "retarded" (as you put it) school system and as for the sign in front of the high school, you seem to be a fine one to talk about misspellings...your post is FULL of them! By the way, I've NEVER seen a misspelling, so maybe it's just that you don't know how to spell, put a coherent sentence together, know what a run-on sentence is, can't spell, and don't use correct punctuation! Ever think of that???
Also, pull your child out as I'm sure it's not going to hurt the school system any!!! Quit complaining and get a life!
Proud parent

Russellville, KY

#16 Apr 23, 2011
Putting down Mad Mommy only shows your ignorance. This post has nothing to do with the parents. It has everything to do with the fact that the school turns their heads on certain problems the students have. Then they turn around and want to say that a child who is being picked on has behavior problems. When a kid finally has enough of being picked on and pushed around decides to kick someone's ass, that student gets punished for it. The principle and the vice principle are both ignorant. They are pay check school employees. They don't want to do their job. If they did some of the things that have happened to my child would have been taken care of.
I'm recording every incident that happens with my child. I'm taking note of every time I say something to the principle about it and every time nothing is done about it. Then I'm going to the board of education with it and hopefully they'll make someone do their damn job. If not I'll hire an attorney and get something done. I have no problem contacting the state either. I have plenty of contacts in the media.
With all that is going on in the world with kids picking on other kids I think it would be wise for the Russellville school system to start making some changes before some kid goes to an extreme that won't be good for any of us.
Proud of Rville Schools

Bowling Green, KY

#17 Apr 23, 2011
It's funny that 'Mad Mommy', the first 'Concerned Parent', and 'Proud Parent' are all posts from Lewisburg. I wasn't putting down 'Mad Mommy', but parents these days want to lay all of the blame on everyone else. Do parents ever consider that their child may be a bully to others and then want to cry to mommy when someone stands up to them? No, well guess what? I've seen it happen too many times in schools! The ones doing the bullying are the biggest cry-babies and just want attention!

And yes, this post does have something to do with the parents! Parents today don't want to discipline their children. They let them say/do whatever they want, but when they get to school, they can't do that! THEN, when they get in trouble for it, the parents want to jump all over the teachers, principals, administration, etc. People can't have it both ways!!! If parents would learn to discipline their children, set boundaries, teach them right from wrong and stop laying blame on everyone else, then maybe kids wouldn't act like they do these days!

Take all of the notes you want, but unless you are there EVERY day to know EVERYTHING that goes on (and not just what you are told by your child), then you have no proof of anything! Feel free to contact the state, contact the media, contact the president for all I care...you're just one disgruntled parent! There are many more out there who like the Russellville School System!!! If you and your kid don't like Stevenson, RMS or RHS, then why wait until next year to transfer him...DO IT NOW!!!
Mad Mommy

Russellville, KY

#18 Apr 24, 2011
I have only posted under one name MAD MOMMY!! My child has never had head lice!! I am mad about the bulling situation there and nobody does anything about it!! YES I am there almost everyday I know that it's not my child doing it. I have even seen it first hand and talked to someone about it!! There are other students there who get treated the same by other teachers and aids. I would transfer my son but given that school is almost over county won't take him, so mind your business. If you don't like my posting's nobody says you have to read them! My opinion is it's probably your child doing the bullying so you are sticking up for them! I take very good care of my son, I am not afraid to punish him when he needs it! I take care of my own! He went to Auburn last year and because of a move he had no choice to go to SE! When a child comes home with bruises caused by another student hitting him that's BS!!! That whole school system is screwed up!! When the Assistant Principle sets and rolls his eyes at you when you are trying to discuss a situation that shows me everything I need to know!! They don't care about their students just the money they get off each one for being there everyday!! Let's agree to disagree on this, Welcome to America where I am entitled to state my opinion!!
Freebird

Social Circle, GA

#19 Apr 26, 2011
Mad Mommy wrote:
I have only posted under one name MAD MOMMY!! My child has never had head lice!! I am mad about the bulling situation there and nobody does anything about it!! YES I am there almost everyday I know that it's not my child doing it. I have even seen it first hand and talked to someone about it!! There are other students there who get treated the same by other teachers and aids. I would transfer my son but given that school is almost over county won't take him, so mind your business. If you don't like my posting's nobody says you have to read them! My opinion is it's probably your child doing the bullying so you are sticking up for them! I take very good care of my son, I am not afraid to punish him when he needs it! I take care of my own! He went to Auburn last year and because of a move he had no choice to go to SE! When a child comes home with bruises caused by another student hitting him that's BS!!! That whole school system is screwed up!! When the Assistant Principle sets and rolls his eyes at you when you are trying to discuss a situation that shows me everything I need to know!! They don't care about their students just the money they get off each one for being there everyday!! Let's agree to disagree on this, Welcome to America where I am entitled to state my opinion!!
I just have one point and one point only-You said that you had to move your child to SES because of a move and that he had previously been in the county system---Why did you not enroll him in another county school system-just because he is in Russellville's District does not mean that you had to enroll him there! I have friends that live in Russellville's District that take their child to county school's!! OHHHHHH-that is their child has not had any discipline issues in any of the county systems- It is my understanding that no matter if you live in Russellville's District you can have your child attend the county school's unless they have had previous discipline issues?????

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion, and I'm not saying that your child is not being picked on. My point is that before you start trashing a long well respected school system-you might want to look at all of your options-no one made you enroll your child in the Russellville District or maybe they did???????
lexiloo

Lewisburg, KY

#20 Apr 26, 2011
lexi wrote:
<quoted text>
That's weird, there has not been any cases of head lice there since your kid left??
REALLY? hummm i cant say where i work, but i will say we provide alot of shampoo lice treatment to stevenson ele.as well as other schools.i will say it isnt only stevenson with head lice problems but that this school is the most active as far as head lice goes...so,dont be so arrogant the next time you post,because i have proved you wrong.
lexiloo

Lewisburg, KY

#21 Apr 26, 2011
DUH wrote:
haha i have two kids in stevenson. i really like the preschool program but hate the primary program. my older child crys when she has to get up in the morning to go to school. she is vert scared of her eachers aid.as for head lice, my kids have got it twice this year. when we was in county they have never got it. thats do to certain parents not keeping their children clean, lice spreads like wild fire even if one child has it.im moving just so my children can go to a county school. it really just depends on the grade and teacher. diffrent stokes for diffrent folks. i personally wouldnt recommeand going there if u dont have too. unless its preschool.
see LEXILOO your proved wrong again!!lmao.........and to "duh",i can sympathize with you..county schools is honestly the way to go.they are much smaller,cleaner and attentive to their students.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
oh earl you acted like you were buddies 1 hr sweetdreams 9
GM at Ventra plastics 1 hr Movin 23
ventral plastics (Jul '15) 1 hr Suck 18
caitlin harper 3 hr notgood 4
Posey trial 6 hr Intelligent 25
Randall young (Jun '15) 10 hr Beth 7
Tracy Baskerville (Mar '09) 18 hr lol 33

Russellville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance