Unknown

Russellville, KY

#1 Feb 8, 2013
has anyone else went to pick up your cake and it wasn't right
courtney

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2013
yes! and it was for my daughters first birthday!
beentheredonetha t

Auburn, KY

#3 Feb 9, 2013
yes i did pick up my cake for a small child's birthday and it was nasty the icing on the cake was just plain nasty plus it was messed up, never again from there.
hmmm

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Feb 10, 2013
yep, i told them what i wanted, and got a completely different thing... plus I wanted blue icing (it was an ocean and beach themed cake) and somehow ended up with bright orange icing... but I picked it up 2 hours before his bday party, so i was stuck with it. Never again will I go there! Sams Club does so much better.
Melanie

Auburn, KY

#5 Feb 11, 2013
hmmm wrote:
yep, i told them what i wanted, and got a completely different thing... plus I wanted blue icing (it was an ocean and beach themed cake) and somehow ended up with bright orange icing... but I picked it up 2 hours before his bday party, so i was stuck with it. Never again will I go there! Sams Club does so much better.
I didn't even know Sams did cakes. Are they about the same price? Same designs?
mom

Bowling Green, KY

#6 Feb 12, 2013
You get what you pay for. If you want a cheap cake you're gonna get a cheap cake. If you look at the cakes on display they look like crap so if you order a cake from there its going to be the same person making it. Sams may have better people to decorate, I don't know but I do know that its the exact same products used at both places. Sams and Walmart is one of the same. All of the cakes are massed produced in a factory and frozen which is why they can sell so cheap. If you want a good cake hire a person that does cakes. It costs more but the cake is so much better or at least the girl that makes my kids is way better. Just ask to see cakes that they've made in the past. If you don't understand the cost just ask cause she was really good about explaining why a homemade cake costs more than the garbage at Walmart. The girl I use does great. It was worth the extra and she's not limited like the others. My kids are always excited and everyone loves their cakes.
Melanie

Auburn, KY

#7 Feb 12, 2013
mom wrote:
You get what you pay for. If you want a cheap cake you're gonna get a cheap cake. If you look at the cakes on display they look like crap so if you order a cake from there its going to be the same person making it. Sams may have better people to decorate, I don't know but I do know that its the exact same products used at both places. Sams and Walmart is one of the same. All of the cakes are massed produced in a factory and frozen which is why they can sell so cheap. If you want a good cake hire a person that does cakes. It costs more but the cake is so much better or at least the girl that makes my kids is way better. Just ask to see cakes that they've made in the past. If you don't understand the cost just ask cause she was really good about explaining why a homemade cake costs more than the garbage at Walmart. The girl I use does great. It was worth the extra and she's not limited like the others. My kids are always excited and everyone loves their cakes.
who does yours?
not true

Duluth, GA

#8 Feb 13, 2013
We ordered a cake from sweet temptations bakery and it was over 50 dollars for a small round cake and it was disgusting very dry very unhappy with the outcome. I've ordered cakes from Walmart before that were messed up but the taste of the cake and the quality were so much better than any I've ordered from a bakery are someone is a professional cake maker
mom

Bowling Green, KY

#9 Feb 13, 2013
Well I probably shouldn't post names on here but starts with A and is in rville.
I didn't like ST cake either. I'm convinced that home bakers just care more and do better.
yummy

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Feb 14, 2013
I have gotten all my cakes from Piggly Wiggly after several friends recommended me to them. Awesome cakes, choices of frostings and I even went to a baby shower where the girl in the bakery did a fondant cake to match the plates and napkins at the shower! They have very talented decorators!
Wondering

Bowling Green, KY

#11 Jun 1, 2014
yummy wrote:
I have gotten all my cakes from Piggly Wiggly after several friends recommended me to them. Awesome cakes, choices of frostings and I even went to a baby shower where the girl in the bakery did a fondant cake to match the plates and napkins at the shower! They have very talented decorators!
Which Piggly Wiggly?
dowel

Tampa, FL

#12 Jun 2, 2014
Sam's club and Walmart use the same stuff. They are both part of Sam Walton's incorporation. Its the employees. Complain.

Since: May 14

United States

#13 Jun 7, 2014
Walmart in Russellville cup cakes were dry as a bone. Won't do that again.
always

Russellville, KY

#14 Jun 7, 2014
I always get my cakes from the bakery in walmart. They are delicious and decent price. I have got the wrong one before, it was still the right theme but just not the cake I ordered. And they have messed up the spelling on my nephews cake but overall they are good. My sister in law got her daughters from sweet temptations are it wasn't good at all. It was beautiful but very dry.
kelsey

Russellville, KY

#15 Jun 7, 2014
The woman who done our wedding cake also done birthday cakes. Our wedding cake was to feed 75 people $125, everything homemade, even the icing. It was beautiful, cheap, and delicious. Unfortunately, she only does wedding cakes but if anyone is looking for wedding cakes, look up Beautiful Cakes by Karen on facebook. Love it!
kelsey

Russellville, KY

#16 Jun 7, 2014
I wish the woman who done our...**

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Embezzling, lying, no good "property manager" a... 4 hr concerned 5
lacy king PSA 4 hr truth 1
hardone 5 hr hardone 1
What's the big deal with cheating 5 hr wow 16
traci snow! 6 hr forrealforreal 1
best friend 6 hr upgrade 6
michael humble 6 hr forreal 5
More from around the web

Russellville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE