Logan County Gymnastics vs. Tumble Towne
Inmyopinion

United States

#24 Nov 6, 2012
LCG by far! My children been going to LCG for years. My daughter is now a very good tumbler and cheerleader! Every child learns skills at a different pace and in their own way. LCG offers many knowledgeable and skilled coaches. We have more than one child attending classes and I assure you that their learning styles are far different! But the coaches at LCG teach each of them in a manner appropriate to their needs. Also, I know that safety is of utmost importance at LCG. It really doesn't matter what you teach a child if they break a bone or are injured during the process...just makes them scared to try again. Donnie and Polly and the rest of the coaching staff are AWESOME! I just cannot imagine ever taking our children anywhere else. I've never been to TT, but have talked with many parents who used to go and they are all much happier at LCG. I also have friends whose children are required to go to TT because that is where their middle school cheer squad goes and they all say they dislike it. Hope this helps you in your decision!
ChandlersMom

Lewisburg, KY

#25 Nov 6, 2012
Inmyopinion wrote:
LCG by far! My children been going to LCG for years. My daughter is now a very good tumbler and cheerleader! Every child learns skills at a different pace and in their own way. LCG offers many knowledgeable and skilled coaches. We have more than one child attending classes and I assure you that their learning styles are far different! But the coaches at LCG teach each of them in a manner appropriate to their needs. Also, I know that safety is of utmost importance at LCG. It really doesn't matter what you teach a child if they break a bone or are injured during the process...just makes them scared to try again. Donnie and Polly and the rest of the coaching staff are AWESOME! I just cannot imagine ever taking our children anywhere else. I've never been to TT, but have talked with many parents who used to go and they are all much happier at LCG. I also have friends whose children are required to go to TT because that is where their middle school cheer squad goes and they all say they dislike it. Hope this helps you in your decision!
I hope to let you know chandlers went to logan county gymnastics last year and they looked like shit! They got last! Compared to lewisburg & adairville who both got first at county and went to TT. Maybe their children doing Like being pushed cause I know my child would rather have first place than last place. Chandlers goes to tumble towne now and they look awesome. Just look at the facts and quit lying every cheerleader loves being at tumble towne ! Thank you
Polly

Hopkinsville, KY

#26 Nov 6, 2012
Thank you to those of you who left kind comments about LCG ... and to those of you who were unhappy with our gym, PLEASE e-mail me concerning your bad experience, constructive criticisms, etc.(E-mail: [email protected]) We never want someone to leave our program unhappy and want to make sure that we are helping each student to achieve their goals in gymnastics/tumbling/cheer/danc e. We LOVE what we do and we continually strive to keep our gym a safe, fun, learning environment!
hate rudeness

Lewisburg, KY

#27 Nov 7, 2012
Well chandlers sucked as a team and maybe they have grown up a little and now have some respect for each others. Respect alone can go along way-!
a mom

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Nov 7, 2012
hate rudeness wrote:
Well chandlers sucked as a team and maybe they have grown up a little and now have some respect for each others. Respect alone can go along way-!
if you hate rudness why would you put such a post on here about middle school cheerleaders
Senior Platinum

Lewisburg, KY

#32 Nov 7, 2012
Tumble Towne teaches basic tumbling classes, so why wouldn't you go there anyways? You'll gain your skills a lot faster and more confidently.
Ashley

Tucker, GA

#33 Nov 8, 2012
Thank you all of you for posting my daughter will be trying tumbling out at tumble towne :)
Ray

Morgantown, KY

#34 Nov 8, 2012
Ur welcome , wise choice
Kent

Campbellsville, KY

#35 Nov 8, 2012
I would go to logan county just to see becky. She is easy on the eyes!!!
Ray

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 Nov 8, 2012
Gross she is ugly as u know what
My2cents

Portland, TN

#38 Nov 10, 2012
ChandlersMom wrote:
<quoted text> I hope to let you know chandlers went to logan county gymnastics last year and they looked like shit! They got last! Compared to lewisburg & adairville who both got first at county and went to TT. Maybe their children doing Like being pushed cause I know my child would rather have first place than last place. Chandlers goes to tumble towne now and they look awesome. Just look at the facts and quit lying every cheerleader loves being at tumble towne ! Thank you
As a past competitive cheerleader,cheerleading coach, and certified judge, I want to say that you cannot compare a squad from one year to the next unless the squad consist of the exact same member and we all know that isn't the case. Last years Chandlers squad had a lot of drama that interfered with the girls working together as a squad. Girls did not make practice a priority and missed frequently. There was one girl who is there this year who missed 6 weeks in a row and couldn't compete and her parents wondered why? I felt bad for the Chandler's Coach last year because she did all she could creating team building opportunities and taking them to LCG where they could get the right coaching for a routine. LCG did all they could do with what they had to work with. Some girls on the squad last year just didn't have the talent to compete against Lewisburg or Auburn. You can't teach a backhandspring to a child who can't even do a handstand. Just saying...before you compare last year's squad to this years look at who is on it.
BeSmart

Portland, TN

#39 Nov 10, 2012
To answer the main question about tumbling. I have never been to TT but I can tell you that LCG cares about their kids. Polly and Donnie base their gym technique on Safety and progression. A lot of the time cheer gyms like to skip progression and push the child to do advanced tumbling they are not ready for. A lot of the time this results in the kid getting hurt. LCG will teach your child the right skills and build strength so that they have solid tumbling. They will know how to do a backhandspring in stead of just "throwing it". People seem to get impatient when they go to learn a backhandspring and don't get it as quickly as they hoped. It takes time anywhere you go, and keep in mind that some children are more naturally equiped than others, but everyone, I mean everyone can learn gymnastic skills! I have seen several people get frustrated at LCG and leave but then they come back when they realize it wasn't the gym it was their ignorance. I would suggest that you go to a gym that utilizes USAGymnsatics guidelines. I know you think "cheer" and not gymnastics but a gymnast will always have better skills that a cheerleader before a cheerleader has better skills than a gymnast. I am not saying one is better than the other or to choose gymnastics over cheerleading. I am saying learn tumbling the right way. Tumbling is a gymnastics skill that cheerleaders use. So learn it from Gymnastics Coaches not cheerleaders. That's all. Good Luck.
My opinion

Lewisburg, KY

#40 Nov 10, 2012
BeSmart wrote:
To answer the main question about tumbling. I have never been to TT but I can tell you that LCG cares about their kids. Polly and Donnie base their gym technique on Safety and progression. A lot of the time cheer gyms like to skip progression and push the child to do advanced tumbling they are not ready for. A lot of the time this results in the kid getting hurt. LCG will teach your child the right skills and build strength so that they have solid tumbling. They will know how to do a backhandspring in stead of just "throwing it". People seem to get impatient when they go to learn a backhandspring and don't get it as quickly as they hoped. It takes time anywhere you go, and keep in mind that some children are more naturally equiped than others, but everyone, I mean everyone can learn gymnastic skills! I have seen several people get frustrated at LCG and leave but then they come back when they realize it wasn't the gym it was their ignorance. I would suggest that you go to a gym that utilizes USAGymnsatics guidelines. I know you think "cheer" and not gymnastics but a gymnast will always have better skills that a cheerleader before a cheerleader has better skills than a gymnast. I am not saying one is better than the other or to choose gymnastics over cheerleading. I am saying learn tumbling the right way. Tumbling is a gymnastics skill that cheerleaders use. So learn it from Gymnastics Coaches not cheerleaders. That's all. Good Luck.
Gymnast from lcg will never make it to the Olympics so why waste your time on gymnastics when they should just cheer. No gymnast do not have better form than cheerleaders if they teach the right way. I'm not hating on either gyms but I like tumble towne because they have Allstar squads and cheer is more popular and realistic for girls to get scholarships in and stuff these days. Just saying.
My opinion

Tucker, GA

#41 Nov 14, 2012
I like tumble towne better because there instructors can actually tumble
Lcg

United States

#42 Nov 14, 2012
My opinion wrote:
I like tumble towne better because there instructors can actually tumble
You must not know much about lcg, because most of their instructors have been gymnasts and cheerleaders and could tumble well. Polly has even turned a few flips while I attended there. They all have experience. Props to Polly for asking for comments on their gym though! That's a good woman. She will do anything to make you happy. Just so you all know, also, lee dockins, an Olympian, trained her whole life at lcg!
My opinion

Lewisburg, KY

#43 Nov 14, 2012
Lcg wrote:
<quoted text>You must not know much about lcg, because most of their instructors have been gymnasts and cheerleaders and could tumble well. Polly has even turned a few flips while I attended there. They all have experience. Props to Polly for asking for comments on their gym though! That's a good woman. She will do anything to make you happy. Just so you all know, also, lee dockins, an Olympian, trained her whole life at lcg!
Derek and His other instructor will always tumble for you. You should have watched them in the parade. Tumble towne didn't have to post comments on here because no one said anything bad about them. I'm 100% content more at tumble towne then I ever was with my kids at LCG.
mom

Campbellsville, KY

#44 Nov 19, 2012
Tumble town is by far the best
lcg

United States

#45 Nov 21, 2012
I'm not a fan of lcg or Becky. Back when Becky made all the middle school routines they were crap. I hate how she's in charge of county competitions when she helps the middle schools. Fair..? No
KAPOS Judge Karen

Greenville, KY

#46 Nov 23, 2012
This thread was started to compare gyms not bash individuals. There is a huge difference in gymnastics and cheerleading but they do have some of the skills. Most Mothers start their little darlings in gymnastics and then try to make them cheerleaders. Most want the glitz and recogniton that goes along with cheerleading. But when something goes wrong they want to blame someone. It sounds like someone has a axe to grind.
Becky works hard at what she does. Her routines are good and she puts many hours into them. I'm not a fan of anyone who is a cheap shot artist.
lolol

Canton, OH

#47 Nov 23, 2012
KAPOS Judge Karen wrote:
This thread was started to compare gyms not bash individuals. There is a huge difference in gymnastics and cheerleading but they do have some of the skills. Most Mothers start their little darlings in gymnastics and then try to make them cheerleaders. Most want the glitz and recogniton that goes along with cheerleading. But when something goes wrong they want to blame someone. It sounds like someone has a axe to grind.
Becky works hard at what she does. Her routines are good and she puts many hours into them. I'm not a fan of anyone who is a cheap shot artist.
You think you're cool because you're a judge for kapos? Anyone can get excepted as a judge for kapos so please judge a real competition before you post something! Thanks sweetie!#RATCHETTTTTT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allie Walker (Dec '15) 2 hr Justice 22
Russellville Police (Aug '11) 2 hr Crooked cops 87
Murder at Robinwood 3 hr Heartbreaking 43
Spanish Classes 6 hr Internationalism ... 11
Damon Hunt 12 hr bad 14
Seen you at iga in rockfield.you honked 15 hr Oh Yeah 3
Who is the best golfer in Russellville? (May '10) Fri grown 11

Russellville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance