Roy's BBQ Investigation?
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
A Mystery

Alliance, OH

#1 May 30, 2011
Something about not even paying minumum wage?....
the game is over

Auburn, KY

#2 May 31, 2011
also heard they are looking into pills being sold to customers by "certain people".i dont know this as a fact,but one of there custoners told me he was not going to roys again anytime soon because he thinks the law is onto the pills being sold out of there(and yes "my friend was a buyer)i dont know,maybe not,but that is the word on the street.
great

Russellville, KY

#3 May 31, 2011
the game is over wrote:
also heard they are looking into pills being sold to customers by "certain people".i dont know this as a fact,but one of there custoners told me he was not going to roys again anytime soon because he thinks the law is onto the pills being sold out of there(and yes "my friend was a buyer)i dont know,maybe not,but that is the word on the street.
Well if they did not know the pills were being sold there they do now
A Mystery

Alliance, OH

#4 May 31, 2011
*minimum

Oooo, here's another juicy bit: not filing taxes for all employees!
really

Auburn, KY

#5 May 31, 2011
A Mystery wrote:
*minimum
Oooo, here's another juicy bit: not filing taxes for all employees!
I.R.S is on the way!!
I think the owner died recently.Its just a matter of time before the place goes under.
this is sad,i have always ate at roys, but it hasnt been the same for a couple of years now...
I have heard of the waitresses taking pills for tips from older men, and i know some people i work with in construction gets pills somtimes from the girls...of course this is just hear say.....
delicious

Bowling Green, KY

#6 May 31, 2011
now I know why I got dizzy and happy after I ate that bbq sammitch last week. yum!
Kyle

Murray, KY

#7 May 31, 2011
Alright... Let me set this straight. Roys is not under investigation for anything. As always this website is full of hipicrates that are always trying to start crap with a false web name. And pills are definitely not being sold to customers. Are you kidding. Roys have been proudly serving customers for 28 years and very little has changed from 28 years ago. If we (yes we) have done something wrong we would already be out of business. Also there r many owners of Roys bar-b-q as it is owned by a well respected family in the Morgans. Now u can say why ever u want on this no-good website you can trash our reputation.
Kyle

Murray, KY

#8 May 31, 2011
A Mystery wrote:
Something about not even paying minumum wage?....
I don't know who your source is but this is very false. Every employee is paid at or over minimum wage. I think it's time to grow up and stop trying trash untrashable. Since you don't work at Roys how could you know what employees get paid.
Jacob

United States

#9 Jun 1, 2011
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know who your source is but this is very false. Every employee is paid at or over minimum wage. I think it's time to grow up and stop trying trash untrashable. Since you don't work at Roys how could you know what employees get paid.
I worked at the small pit for 2 years and I only made 5 an hour. Yes it IS UNDER MINIMUM WAGE. I paid my own taxes but they weren't getting done right. I liked working there but stuff didn't get done right like my pay and taxes. But I still LOVE there food and always will. If the prices weren't getting so high they would get more customers. The Morgan family are very nice people and I consider Roy and Michelle part of my family. There really good people
Granny

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Jun 1, 2011
Don't trash Roy's Guys.. nothing illegal is going on there and the foods is wonderful as always..by the way Jacob..if you only got five dollars you got tips which are counted as part of your pay..
you talk to much

Auburn, KY

#11 Jun 1, 2011
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
your emplotees talk WAY to much!!!im not here to trash...but i have heard from some of there own mouths about pills and taxes...this is just rumors though.BUT WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THERE EMPLOYEES.this is where the talk is coming from.
blah

United States

#12 Jun 1, 2011
i know for a fact that pills and other things are being sold and taken there. one of my close friends was going to work in the kitchen there, and only worked one day because she saw a drug deal go down. they don't even try to hide it. so whoever says its not true is a damn lie!!!!!
Kyle

Murray, KY

#13 Jun 1, 2011
I understand you hear things but what you hear is simply gossip. That's why you don't always listen to what you hear. I was raised at Roy's seeing many different employees as they come and go. Management has everything under control and nothing illegal is going on in the business.

Blah- Something can't be a fact simply because you hear it from somebody.
Jacob

United States

#14 Jun 2, 2011
Granny wrote:
Don't trash Roy's Guys.. nothing illegal is going on there and the foods is wonderful as always..by the way Jacob..if you only got five dollars you got tips which are counted as part of your pay..
We didn't get tips. It's not of a "to go" order place. Trust me, I worked there, "I" would know
Done It

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Jun 2, 2011
Ahh did you friend fianlly get of food coupons and decide to get a job...didn't like having to work so made up some lies to try and save face? Here is a clue...beotch you were on food coupons, there is no face to save. You the lie bobo.
blah wrote:
i know for a fact that pills and other things are being sold and taken there. one of my close friends was going to work in the kitchen there, and only worked one day because she saw a drug deal go down. they don't even try to hide it. so whoever says its not true is a damn lie!!!!!
lala

Jacksonville, FL

#16 Jun 2, 2011
yea, you would have gotten tips if you hadn't been so bad at your job. Here is the law for you dumb azz. If you were eligable for tips, that counted towards your pay. If you didn't like the money, maybe you should have gone on to further you education. Now head on down to get some stamps and shut the hell up.
Jacob wrote:
<quoted text>
We didn't get tips. It's not of a "to go" order place. Trust me, I worked there, "I" would know
lala

Jacksonville, FL

#17 Jun 2, 2011
It is just rumors so you decided to spread them? Dumb azz beotch...bet you voted for odumba? Poor trash from logan county still exists...the only talk is coming from some tramp who they would not hire to begin with and you jealous u working a pizza hut...oh wait couldn't get a job there either...sonic...nope, not there...I guess the corner of 5th.
you talk to much wrote:
<quoted text>your emplotees talk WAY to much!!!im not here to trash...but i have heard from some of there own mouths about pills and taxes...this is just rumors though.BUT WHOEVER IS IN CHARGE NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THERE EMPLOYEES.this is where the talk is coming from.
Jacob

United States

#18 Jun 2, 2011
lala wrote:
yea, you would have gotten tips if you hadn't been so bad at your job. Here is the law for you dumb azz. If you were eligable for tips, that counted towards your pay. If you didn't like the money, maybe you should have gone on to further you education. Now head on down to get some stamps and shut the hell up.
<quoted text>
I did this in highschool. I went straight to college and got my associates degree with HIGH DISTINCTIONS. THATS WITH A 4.0. I'm now an electrician at 21 and have my own house. I've had many vehicles that I have bought by myself with NO HELP. What have you done in life? I'm pretty dam* successful. I furthered my education and making great money. I'm not making 5 bucks an hour no more. I make more than you or your parents. I'm willing to bet on that bit**
X-Employee

United States

#19 Jun 2, 2011
I worked at Roy's 4 well over a year. All of these accusations r just ridiculous. There waitresses r paid more than any in this town plus the tips. I was paid well over mininum wage also. Sounds like we have sum jealous a$$ people in this town. The Morgan Family is a very well respected family in this town and kept there fathers dream alive & 4 all u people comin on here tryin 2 falsely accuse them of inappropriate transactions & degrade them; it is absolutely ridiculous. This family would give u the shirts off there backs: give u money if u needed it; this just makes me sick. This family is goin thru so much & all u r tryin 2 do is add 2 it. I love the WHOLE ROY'S GANG as if they were my blood. Roy's keep ur heads up & don't let jealous people try n hurt u. B proud of where this business started & how far it has come & how far it will go. I miss each & everyone of u & will continue 2 b a proud customer. Roy's always seems 2 b a main TOPIC on TOPIX so I think u just have sum jealous competetion. Love u all!!!!
X-Employee

United States

#20 Jun 2, 2011
Kyle.....I'm so proud u r defending ur legacy. This family business will b in town & n business 4 many yrs 2 come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kim Davis arrested 3 hr Abcdef 3
Gym?? 4 hr RVKGal 4
yard sale 14 hr Clarksville 1
sensus (Jan '14) 22 hr curious 4
jeremy holt vincent -ghost Thu sup monkey 63
Ovarian cancer awareness month Thu Save the ovaries 1
Jack Creek Thu coworker 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russellville Mortgages