Hillbilly Raceway in Todd County

Posted in the Russellville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Lewisburg, KY

#1 Sep 12, 2010
all opinions welcome. What does everyone one think that knows of this racetrack located in Todd County.
Jessica A

Crofton, KY

#2 Sep 12, 2010
I like it. I take my dad there every weekend. I missed Saturdays race, but I hope there will be more. But the racers definitely need to be less hot headed and enjoy the sport more. I heard about the last weekend races and a driver assaulted another driver with a starter from their own car. They were disqualified and hopefully banned. Everyone needs to be safe.
I know

Lewisburg, KY

#3 Sep 13, 2010
Well thats her opinion here is mine. Drivers are going to get upset at times look at Nascar. But the owners need to handle things better there is some type of drama there at every race. This past weekend Baggett racing was ask to leave and I think they race 2 or 3 karts plus the ones that come to watch them race.But I don't know exactly what took place with that just know they were ask to leave. Baggett racing said they would not be back there to race.
my 2 cents

Hanson, KY

#4 Sep 13, 2010
There is for sure some type of stupid drama there every week. It is ashame too because they have a fantastic facility. Set rules stick to them and don't be changing them week to week. I know it cost a lot to operate something like that but I think they need to lower their admission some where more people can afford to come on a weekly basis. You can go watch stock car races at Clarksville for less.
Anonymous

Russellville, KY

#5 Sep 13, 2010
my 2 cents wrote:
There is for sure some type of stupid drama there every week. It is ashame too because they have a fantastic facility. Set rules stick to them and don't be changing them week to week. I know it cost a lot to operate something like that but I think they need to lower their admission some where more people can afford to come on a weekly basis. You can go watch stock car races at Clarksville for less.
When you Get a bunch of f*****g red necks together thats what kinda scene you get!
cindy

Auburn, KY

#6 Sep 14, 2010
didnt tammy's sister lisa start a race track of their own?? opened only when hillbilly race is closed.
I know

Lewisburg, KY

#7 Sep 28, 2010
Yes Tammy's sister and brother-in-law did open a track that runs on Sunday afternoon this season but they are in the process of getting their lights and will be working with South Hill Go Kart for the 2011 season so they will be running Friday and Saturday nites and alternating nights for point and money races. Lisa and her husband ask Tammy nd David to work with them before they ever broke ground on this track they turned them down flat.
Just me

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Oct 4, 2010
checkurbitch wrote:
<quoted text>
When you Get a bunch of f*****g red necks together thats what kinda scene you get!
Uhh!! It's not just rednecks!! All types of people, groups have disagreements!!
mee

United States

#9 Oct 4, 2010
I think there is way too much drinking and other things going on there.
Crazy About Racing

White Plains, KY

#10 Oct 11, 2010
That Hillbilly Raceway is a JOKE! We went to a few races, but quit because during EVERY race there there is drama! Most of it comes from that loudmouth wife of the owner. We went because they said it was a family track. My kids were scared to death of that woman yelling and screaming.
Jessica A

Crofton, KY

#11 Oct 11, 2010
well i don't know them personally, only by association. But, most of the time it is because they drink and party.
christian

Henderson, KY

#12 Oct 12, 2010
hillbilly RACE??...i think everyone in todd county should come in first place. why have a RACE???..
Crazy About Racing

White Plains, KY

#13 Oct 12, 2010
christian wrote:
hillbilly RACE??...i think everyone in todd county should come in first place. why have a RACE???..
Thats just to funny!
disappointed

United States

#14 Oct 12, 2010
Its not a 'family' race track. Too much drinking. My kids will not be allowed to go back. I wish I had known how it was before they went.
Racers wife

White Plains, KY

#15 Oct 14, 2010
Hillbilly Raceway is a big JOKE! We started racing there last year and every race is total DRAMA. Gets worse every race. They are way over priced, small track, changes the rules depending on the racers and yes, the wife is WAY OVER THE TOP. They recently screwed a friend, who just started out racing, out of the money and awards for the points just because he wasn't in the bigger classes. C'mon people! He is just 6 years old but he EARNED those points.
We found South Hill when it opened it is an awesome place. This really is a family place. They welcome suggestions, consider them and alot of times act on them. They are growing very quickly.$5 admission in the gate or $10 for pit passes. Food is great! Yeah you have your hot headed drivers every now and then but they contain those incidences as they happen.
soso

Owensboro, KY

#16 Oct 19, 2010
does anybody know the blonde drunk that puts up profranity for all kids to see she lives on pete wheeler rd in daysville i deliver things out in that area and have seen a sign that is not cool for kids to see any comments welcome something should be done about this would not wont my kid or grandkids to see such a sign
wondering

United States

#17 Oct 20, 2010
what does the sign say?
Jessica A

Crofton, KY

#18 May 3, 2011
We started racing there this past weekend. MY dad was going to race ( Lynn Atkinson aka Tojo). But he was feeling kinda down this past weekend, so he gave my bf the go ahead to race this weekend in the pretty much brand new cart, newly rebuilt, new paint job, etc. It looked great. The guys forgot the stickers at the shop and had them brought. If Dave would have asked about them, then they would have put those stickers on quick, believe me. So my bf drives in the feature. WAYYY to many carts in that class to begin with. 16 carts!!! Well 34k, got upset from the drawing of the order. They didn't have the time system up so, they had no choice but to draw numbers. 34k told an offical that he was going to "plow his way!..." That should have been a problem to begin with. Wouldn't you watch that person? So the race barely begins and a wreck happens. So, everyone has to get back in order. My bf, tells 34k, he has to get in the number 5 spot. 34k, gets pissed, it's evident. So, once they are out of caution, apparently 34k hits 44 (our cart) and keeps gunning it and runs over his m and doesn't let up for half a lap. Then, he is pushed into another cart and the side of his cart gets ripped off. NO BLACK FLAG!!! Before the race, officials and owners said they will NOT TOLERATE rough driving and they WILL be black flagged. 34k and 44 finish the race. My bf drives to our spot and we ask him what happened... He couldn't raise his arm above his chest and he had 2nd degree BURNS from where 34k had pushed him against the engine for half a lap... I tell an offical and Tammy (owner's wife) right after it happened. So, 34k was still there and was about to race in the next feature. I told Tammy that, she said they would take care of it after the races. 34k, won the next race. Race was over, talked to Dave. All he said was "The show is over!" 34k was still there 45mins after the "show". Nothing was said! No black flag, no warnings, atleast not from the person that should have gave them... We don't care about the cart. We care about no calls and no decency to even satisfy a simple request of talking to the opposite driver about intended injuries! WE WILL NOT BE GOING BACK!!!
Jessica A

Crofton, KY

#19 May 3, 2011
correction... RUNS OVER HIS ARM***
omg

Auburn, KY

#20 May 3, 2011
That's messed up & there should have been more people than just yall to say something. Whatever happened to a crowd booing at the ones who don't race fair

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr Calhoun for Congr... 951
well anonymous photos videos just arrived 2 hr shakealegtrimble 1
parents beware !!!! 2 hr hurricane 1
The Climb 4 hr the old one 156
Good custody lawyer 11 hr Thedad 7
who is the richest person in logan county? (Aug '09) 21 hr Lowkeyballer 58
wow that chaterbox is wild 21 hr bobby v 2

Russellville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russellville Mortgages