Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#73588 Oct 27, 2012
Another nice however chilly day. Brr!!
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73596 Oct 27, 2012
Off to dreamland since nothing but an undesirable is smelling up the thread. I hope everyone has a good night and Super Sunday. I will.

I think I will leave you with this positive GODvine video that farter loves although I don't think he will GET it. The rest of you will. Especially lala, who enjoys them. I don't care if he rips it like his dark master enjoys.

This Heartwarming Video Will Restore Your Faith in Humanity

Watching this video will restore your faith in humanity - and bring a smile to your face. This is an absolute must see that would brighten any day!

http://www.godvine.com/This-Heartwarming-Vide...

Guess who this reminded me of....although he would run before he let someone save him. He is a lost cause. Despicable

One of the Riskiest Acts of Kindness You'll See - a Skunk Rescue

When a lonely skunk got its head stuck in litter, a man risked his health (and smell) to save the little creature! There needs to be more acts of kindness being done in the world - especially ones that are this tough!

http://www.godvine.com/One-of-the-Riskiest-Ac...

Enjoy before farter cries like the whiner he is to topix to get the Godvine removed. lol

Goodnight to all the decent posters and the ones that are trying to be.:)

Out of here!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#73600 Oct 27, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true. The hate must stop.
Your turn!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#73602 Oct 27, 2012
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
This type of hatred leads fragile minds and personalities (such as myself ) to do things and think things they shouldn't. Remember me and the pain this poster is causing me when it's too late.
Your turn to remember !!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#73603 Oct 28, 2012
Earthquake hits British Columbia tonight. Tsunami threat:
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ottawa/Tsun...
~~OTTAWA — A tsunami warning is in effect for the British Columbia coast after a major magnitude 7.7 earthquake struck the Queen Charlotte Islands region at 8:04 p.m. local time Saturday night.
But a National Research Council spokesperson said the coast will probably not see waves of the magnitude experienced in Japan in 2011.
The epicenter of the earthquake was located 198 kilometres south-southwest of Prince Rupert at a depth of 10 km in a seismically active region, said the U.S. Geological Survey and Earthquakes Canada, who measured the quake at a magnitude of 7.7. Earthquake Canada initially measured it at magnitude 7.1 but altered their report later Saturday.
The U.S. Geological Survey also measured two aftershock at magnitude 5.8 at 8:14 p.m. and magnitude 4.8 at 8:52 p.m. PDT.
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center and Environment Canada both issued a tsunami warning for the area from the northern tip of Vancouver Island to Cape Decision, Alaska, extending into Washington, Oregon, Northern California and Hawaii as the evening progressed.
They and other emergency officials advised all coastal residents in those areas to move to higher ground, stay away from all harbours, inlets, including those sheltered from the sea, and not return to such areas until directed to do so by local emergency officials. People were asked to keep phone lines clear and listen to the radio for updates and instructions.
Waves were expected to arrive at Langara by 21:16 PDT and the northern tip of Vancouver Island by 21:17 PDT on October 27, Environment Canada reported.
Emergency Info BC said the first waves seen are usually not the largest, and the waves can go on for several hours. Information about dealing with an emergency is available at their website, as are the latest updates to the tsunami warning: www.emergencyinfobc.gov.bc.ca
Earthquakes Canada seismologist John Cassidy said the major quake was felt across much of north-central B.C., including Haida Gwaii, Prince Rupert, Quesnel, Houston and Kamloops.
He said no injuries had been reported from the quake itself as it occurred far offshore, though it was large enough to cause extensive damage if located in habited areas. He could not speak to the possible damage from a related tsunami.
The "slip" quake was caused by two tectonic plates — the North American and Pacific plates — sliding past each other along the Queen Charlotte Fault, he added.
Cassidy said that though the Queen Charlotte Fault where this occurred is seismically active, experiencing in recent years earthquakes of magnitude 6 to 6.5, this is the largest quake measured there since a 8.1 magnitude one in 1949.
He said a quake of that size will come with aftershocks over the next few days.
"People should be aware of those and know what to do in the event of an aftershock, which is get under a desk or table and protect yourself from falling objects, mostly."
David McCormack, Director of Hazards Information Services for the NRC, said that this is a "small tsunami," measuring at last tally 43 centimetres from peak to peak, or 21 cm from baseline to peak.
"That's a wave smaller than what you would see in your bathtub, " he said, adding that such waves in confined spaces like ports can still cause a lot of damage, or can pick up steam as they travel.
He explained that sliding plates cause less seabed movement than when tectonic plates are pushed vertically, down under another, as was the case in Japan 2011. "It's the vertical movement that moves the water column and generates a tsunami," he said.
"But even if it is a small tsunami, and we're not going to see the large-scale spectacular, destructive waves we had coming in to Japan, it is best to defer to the warnings."
Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Tsunami+warning+...

Location hidden

#73604 Oct 28, 2012
The "Weather Channel" says that there are Tsunami alerts being issued for both northern California and the Hawaiian Islands. Although waves are not expected to be devastating, probably only reaching around 5 to 6 feet and rolling in more slowly than usual, the quake was an underwater tectonic plate shift..

(I don't particularly care how "low or high" they SAY the waves may be, I wouldn't want to be there right now. So I'll be praying for our west coast neighbors and the B.C. citizens)....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#73605 Oct 28, 2012
Good Morning Nope.. My dog is restless.

Location hidden

#73606 Oct 28, 2012
Hi, AW!

My animals were ALL acting weird today, like I said earlier. Hope it's just that your little critter just needs to go out to poo??

Mine all went out a little bit ago and did their thing, but didn't poke around and do some sniffing like they usually do. There were in get'er done mode, period. Quick out, quicker back in.

I sure hope somethings now brewing around here too.....

Location hidden

#73607 Oct 28, 2012
*NOT brewing. Need more coffee.

Location hidden

#73608 Oct 28, 2012
Well, now they're saying that wave of 10 to 11 feet are expected to hit the Hawaiian Islands. Whew.

And now "Frankenstorm" is pretty much mapped out. Those people up there are in for a rocky ride...

I love the beach, but you couldn't pay me enough to live on the shoreline. Not even for a completely free piece of beach-front property, I'd just sell it and peel. I'd be afraid to loose everything to a storm.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#73609 Oct 28, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hi, AW!
My animals were ALL acting weird today, like I said earlier. Hope it's just that your little critter just needs to go out to poo??
Mine all went out a little bit ago and did their thing, but didn't poke around and do some sniffing like they usually do. There were in get'er done mode, period. Quick out, quicker back in.
I sure hope somethings now brewing around here too.....
He is not so full of it that he needed to poo from 1 to 4 am LOL I think he just slept too long by the fire yesterday.

Location hidden

#73610 Oct 28, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
He is not so full of it that he needed to poo from 1 to 4 am LOL I think he just slept too long by the fire yesterday.
HAHA! Bless it's heart. So you've been stirring for a while already too, I see? LOL! I'm going to go dump this pot of decaf I made and put on some leaded. Thought I might try to go back to bed, but it's looking doubtful, roflmbo!!

Be back in a couple minutes....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#73611 Oct 28, 2012
I am not a beach person either. I survived
two hurricanes back in the 60s. I don't care for hot sun mixed with sand. I prefer a small mountain stream through a shaded and wooded terrain.

Well my dog has quieted down, so I will try to get in a few more zzzza.

Location hidden

#73612 Oct 28, 2012
Take care. Hope to do the same here, zzzz wise that is. But it'll probably be a while yet.

Later!

Since: Jan 10

Scotts Vegas

#73613 Oct 28, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Well, now they're saying that wave of 10 to 11 feet are expected to hit the Hawaiian Islands. Whew.
And now "Frankenstorm" is pretty much mapped out. Those people up there are in for a rocky ride...
I love the beach, but you couldn't pay me enough to live on the shoreline. Not even for a completely free piece of beach-front property, I'd just sell it and peel. I'd be afraid to loose everything to a storm.
Where do I find info on the wave to hit the Islands?

Location hidden

#73614 Oct 28, 2012
If you can, turn to the Weather Channel right now on T.V.

They are showing live feed from the islands, waiting for waves to come in. It's not expected to be horrific, but somewhere in the neighborhood of 9 feet.

Location hidden

#73615 Oct 28, 2012
Oddly, there are people gathered near the beaches, waiting to see what's coming in. They've got more guts than I do.

Location hidden

#73616 Oct 28, 2012
CNN is also covering it. Said that the buoys out at sea are detecting pretty high waves at this time. The waves are just now coming in, albeit slowly for now, but it doesn't look really bad either from what I can tell.

They have night vision cameras feeding live stream.

It was a 7.7 quake off of Canada, and the islands are pretty much at the bullseye for wave activity.

Crossing my fingers for everyones safety over there.....

Location hidden

#73617 Oct 28, 2012
Here is a pretty nice site for gathering information from weather detecting/wave height buoys out at sea.

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/

“Hopping around Topix”

Since: Nov 08

On The Highway To Hell

#73618 Oct 28, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Here is a pretty nice site for gathering information from weather detecting/wave height buoys out at sea.
http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/
Hi Nope it`s good seeing you :) cause it`s been a while and Thanks for posting that info cause I hadn`t heard anything about it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who owns Big Box Overstock and when is it going... 16 min Shopper 3
mariah barnett 19 min yep 1
Hoppers 27 min Tiger Fan 6
Where is Janet? 3 hr Husband 2
Mcgee and his tattoos 3 hr Pete 20
bad job Wed former creekwood 4
Eric Hopper (Mar '10) Jun 29 so true 5

Russellville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance