Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81771 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Clear hip sensor

Richmond, KY

#62907 Jul 16, 2012
real censorship wrote:
<quoted text>So pretty much anything that appeals to you you should stay, but anything that doesn't should be censored. I guess that's a good frame of thought. An infamous man with an IQ of over 140 thought so too, remember Hitler? Selfish any ? Dangerous thoughts Sybil.
so are you implying that people talking about such things as their genitalia, colonic activity, or sexual intercourse with animals should be allowed to post and you find that appealing? I don't believe in censorship an more than you do, but some people cross the line of decency and should be censored and this has nothing to do with Hitler, that's a pisspoor analogy.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62908 Jul 16, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate trying to read jibberish too. Oh, I hate you too, Kevin.
**shrug
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#62909 Jul 16, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all Scruffy. Most people know you are crazy by now.
That is wonderful since I would not want anyone to be mistaken LOL but I prefer to call it "unique" or just different from the masses.

I popped back in to say I do not agree that I can't see posts that I had reported, because there are several posts that I can't see and I have only reported twice in 1 1/2 years and those posts still did not go away.

As a general rule, I do not think that it is my job to police the thread since I don't earn any money by being on Topix.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#62911 Jul 16, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, they do all stay busy. The only thing that has ever bothered me is when someone throws kids in here. Or people that died and they talk bad about them. It's just uncalled for. I am often singled out...as a couple of others here, you shall notice...as being a troll, or attacking people. I never attack, unless provoked. I think a lot of us get provoked in this place from the people that believe they are anonymous.
I don't dislike anyone here, although there are a couple that I have "warm stabby" feelings about. lol
Well, so far I find you to be quite a nice person. I'm sorry that I'm not more familiar with many users on this forum as of yet, but maybe that will change.. As I said, it got too monotonous having to skim through truck loads of manure to finally find a "flower" worth reading. Hopefully that's changed.

Seems like a lot of feathers got ruffled in the last few days.. Again, I really don't feel like going back a thousand comments to read the details, hehe! But it's nice to find another refreshing user on here, "RoamingInsomniac". Maybe you'll find some of thoise "warm stabby" feelings for me!!! In the right way, of course. I'm not "on the market", as they say, LOL! I simply try to stay polite and direct. No more, no less.
:)
open

Richmond, KY

#62912 Jul 16, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
The Mod we had that used to pop in our town forums to say hello was really cool.(I don't know if it was a male or female). Maybe it was TopMod5??? My memory fails me. But we were never taunted nor were we ridiculed or told "watch this".... It was always a pleasure when they popped in and our threads cleaned up immensely. Still to this day, they're relatively free of abuse. When something pops up, all we have to do is report it and it's zapped.
I find it a bit questionable that a real Mod would behave in such a manner. It's not something a good moderator should have done.. So I say it was a regular user who only claimed to be a Mod.. Don't you think?
so how does a regular user delete posts?
die no more

Wayland, KY

#62913 Jul 16, 2012
i think it's about time this thread should stop..people getting nasty, and nothing can be done about already has happened. live day by day and thank God he woke you up this morning for another day.

Location hidden

#62914 Jul 16, 2012
on the fringe wrote:
<quoted text>If it was a regular user he could get comments taken off fast. But now that I think about it, I agree that could have been the case.
Yep, I'd say that it's someone who's familiar with the sniffer bot and knew that a comment was going to come down anyway. Then of course the timing was just right....

I find it hard to swallow that a real Mod would behave that way. For one thing, they ARE a Moderator, so why wouldn't they just log on with their Mod signature and say "OK, this ones going down"?

I'd also venture to say that most REAL Mods don't even like to get in these threads. I'd think that they'd be so sick of it after dealing with it all during a working shift, that it's the LAST place they'd "play" around in.

I'd imagine they've seen the worse of humanity coming from the fingertips of people by now.... Shameful the way some people behave while they ignorantly believe that they're being secretive and can hide anonymously on a publicly viewed, yet privately owned, web site.. Privately owned being the distinction in obeying the TOS set down for using said PRIVATELY OWNED site...

That commonly yet ignorantly thrown around "I have Freedom Of Speech" phrase doesn't much apply when you've read,(and agree to 'by clicking'), someone elses rules for use....

Location hidden

#62915 Jul 16, 2012
open wrote:
<quoted text>so how does a regular user delete posts?
I really don't think Topix has a bias about who reports anything, be it a registered user or a non registered one.. Just use the "Feedback" link provided below, or click on the "Report" button that's on every comment block, top left corner by the judge it's..

I've never read about anyone complaining that Topix didn't take them seriously just because they were a 'regular' user.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#62916 Jul 16, 2012
on the fringe wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people don't know that as many as 90,000 blacks, slave and free, were employed in some capacity by the Confederate army.
The Louisiana native guards demonstrated what free blacks, from Louisiana, thought about the Confederacy. The Louisiana native guards was a militia regiment comprised of 1400 black men and officers who offered their services to Dixie in April of 1861.
They uniformed themselves and trained to stand in defense of New Orleans. Even though the Confederacy wouldn't recognize them as a confederate unit the regiment organized a march through New Orleans in 1862. Local newspapers reported that a band of "Rebel Negroes" well drilled and uniformed marched through the city that day. But "Creole blacks" were considered to be above other blacks throughout the country by most southerners at the time.
Many slaves went with their masters to serve. That was normally with those that treated their slaves well and the slaves felt a kindred spirit and bonding for the only family they ever knew.
on the fringe

London, KY

#62917 Jul 16, 2012
Clear hip sensor wrote:
<quoted text>
so are you implying that people talking about such things as their genitalia, colonic activity, or sexual intercourse with animals should be allowed to post and you find that appealing? I don't believe in censorship an more than you do, but some people cross the line of decency and should be censored and this has nothing to do with Hitler, that's a pisspoor analogy.
Touchy touchy.

Pisspoor?

Are you spoiling for a comment fight and then trying to make up the rules as you go along? Everything is fine as long as it suits your own personal rules.
That is a censorship mindset. The word pisspoor offends me, fart on the other hand does not. Do I have any rights in your perfect little world? Or is it all about you?
on the fringe

London, KY

#62920 Jul 16, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Many slaves went with their masters to serve. That was normally with those that treated their slaves well and the slaves felt a kindred spirit and bonding for the only family they ever knew.
It irks me that most history books left out the roles of black solders on both sides of the conflict. I had never read about the Creole blacks being thought of as superior to other blacks before last year. I think many many other deeds of Afro-american solders were left out of the history books thus lost forever. I ran across the article about the Creole blacks in the archives of the New York Herald, dated July 11, 1863.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#62922 Jul 16, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, so far I find you to be quite a nice person. I'm sorry that I'm not more familiar with many users on this forum as of yet, but maybe that will change.. As I said, it got too monotonous having to skim through truck loads of manure to finally find a "flower" worth reading. Hopefully that's changed.
Seems like a lot of feathers got ruffled in the last few days.. Again, I really don't feel like going back a thousand comments to read the details, hehe! But it's nice to find another refreshing user on here, "RoamingInsomniac". Maybe you'll find some of thoise "warm stabby" feelings for me!!! In the right way, of course. I'm not "on the market", as they say, LOL! I simply try to stay polite and direct. No more, no less.
:)
Haha!
I can be quite unpleasant. I ruffle feathers ALL the time. Just can't seem to help it. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.
Continue watching the Scottsville board and you will see.
And, it's good to meet ya!
open

Richmond, KY

#62923 Jul 16, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sybil" may have used that infamous "reply" button that I previously spoke of... Probably replied to something else that came down from the threads. It's just a guess, mind you. Told you, I avoided this thread for a long time. I'm not familiar with many of you. Ohio Jeep Girl was here back then, so was Ancient Wolf.
(Forgive me if I forgot anyone else. It was a very long time ago)...
maybe you're right, I like to battle the trolls and in so doing my posts came down with them. Mind you my responses were never vulgar and usually polite which actually hit the trolls pretty hard with the truth about themselves and often left them speechless. I've found that the best way to deal with difficult personalities both in real life and on the internet is to be nice but truthful at the same time because when the truth hurts and you deliver it in a nice way, the other person knows it and will listen.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#62924 Jul 16, 2012
on the fringe wrote:
<quoted text>It irks me that most history books left out the roles of black solders on both sides of the conflict. I had never read about the Creole blacks being thought of as superior to other blacks before last year. I think many many other deeds of Afro-american solders were left out of the history books thus lost forever. I ran across the article about the Creole blacks in the archives of the New York Herald, dated July 11, 1863.
I tend to agree. It is my understanding that contrary to Hollywood, that a good percentage of the postwar cowboys and the Union's 7th Cavalry were former slaves. While many slaves stayed on the plantations because they did not know what else to do. Much like an institutionalized inmate.
on the fringe

London, KY

#62925 Jul 16, 2012
on the finger wrote:
<quoted text>
no, actually it's all about you having the right to make a jackass out of yourself, and in my world you have every right to do that, so go ahead if you want to talk about your flatulence or colonic activity.
You don't hear me complaining all the time about your comments. Pisspoor or otherwise. I don't agree with a lot of things posted by a lot of people, but I will stand up for their right to post whatever they want to post nonetheless.
on the fringe

London, KY

#62926 Jul 16, 2012
I am having a pretty good day and I want to keep it that way. Click.

I just clicked at you Sybil. Nothing personal though. You are now and always have been well within your rights as far as I am concerned.BTW You did burn me in some small way so, touche.
MooningAManicSir

Richmond, KY

#62927 Jul 16, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Haha!
I can be quite unpleasant. I ruffle feathers ALL the time. Just can't seem to help it. I say what I mean, and I mean what I say.
Continue watching the Scottsville board and you will see.
And, it's good to meet ya!
those who revel in ruffling feathers of others do so in order to detract attention away from their own shortcomings, it is a psychological defense mechanism actually. It's either that or you just enjoy being an ass, which is it for you?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#62928 Jul 16, 2012
The only comments that I really dislike are from those that attempt to elevate themselves by putting others down, and I especially do not like it when the slams are against what I perceive to be the "underdogs". Slams against me are meaningless.

I always thought that you did not have to be very "high' to put down others, but if you draw others up with politeness, then they will carry you around on their shoulders and you will be higher than you could ever obtain otherwise.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#62929 Jul 16, 2012
MooningAManicSir wrote:
<quoted text>
those who revel in ruffling feathers of others do so in order to detract attention away from their own shortcomings, it is a psychological defense mechanism actually. It's either that or you just enjoy being an ass, which is it for you?
Gentle poster.

Are you being an ass?
on the finger

Richmond, KY

#62930 Jul 16, 2012
on the fringe wrote:
I am having a pretty good day and I want to keep it that way. Click.
I just clicked at you Sybil. Nothing personal though. You are now and always have been well within your rights as far as I am concerned.BTW You did burn me in some small way so, touche.
hope you continue to have a good day, nothing personal from me either, just calling it like I see it so I hope it was not offensive. Time for me to click too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Land to Lease for deer hunting 4 hr yep 3
j.t 5* 7 hr miles away 1
debbie duffie 10 hr wondering 1
Russellville Jukebox (Jun '12) 15 hr Musikologist 19
logan county humane society Wed Cant Be 11
Marriage. Wed The Minister 1
Cecilia Jones(Neely) (Feb '10) Wed cecilia 28
More from around the web

Russellville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE