Dave

Las Vegas, NV

#124 Jan 24, 2013
James Rockwell wrote:
I was a corrections officer at Pendelton for 16 years. Stonebraker, smith, and wright were there at the time i was. They all were decent inmates.They gave the staff no problems. They have admitted there involvement in this crime. Drollinger was shipped to michigan city for his own safety. I spent many hours talking with them about the murders. They all have remorse except drollinger. All he wants is to make a quick dollar off the pain he inflicted. Its great that indiana does not allow an inmate to profit from there crime. As for inmates attending funerals. Its totally left up to the superintendant(warden) of that inmates facility. Most Inmates(Notice i said Most) are not allowed to attend a funeral with more than 5 years remaining on there sentence. They are a security risk (escape)It also depends on the level of the inmate. I was a transport officer the last 5 years i worked there and can count on one hand the amount of inmates i transported to a funeral. You have to put your emotions aside and realize these guys are not boy scouts or they wouldnt be where they are.
Hi James Rockwell, Do you know an inmate by the name of Danny Flowers? I went to grade school with him. He's at Pendleton.
James Rockwell

Coldwater, MI

#125 Jan 25, 2013
Flowers is in for Rape, burglary, And receiving stolen property. His release date is 2035. He has been locked up since 1992. I personally didn't have any problems with him. I went to work there in 1992 and retired in 2008. 16 years is along time to be in that enviroment. I left because i was financially able to. Im also retired military. The small retirement i receive from the state is not enough to sustain but with my military retirement i do ok.
Rob

Indianapolis, IN

#126 Feb 14, 2013
Every Valentine's Day I think about this murder. I was 11 at the time and lived 100 miles away but remember being scared because 3 of the victims were kids (under 18) as I was and I had never heard of a child being murdered before. Today I've spent most of the morning reading about the details of this day for the first time and I am gravely sickened. Prior to today, these murders were just a faded memory from my childhood that I never had forgotten. Today, and forever, they will be so much more.

Since: Mar 13

Indianapolis, IN

#127 Mar 5, 2013
I hope Roger Drollinger is someone's prison Bitch.
timnlaurieh

Crawfordsville, IN

#128 Apr 7, 2013
jjs1980 wrote:
I have a hardback copy of " CHOKING IN FEAR",BY MIKE MCARTY. THESE ARE VERY RARE AND HARD TO FIND,MY WIFE KNOWS THE AUTHOR,AND HE CANT EVEN GET ANY COPIES,LOL. IM WILLING TO PART WITH MY COPY FOR $100,they are going for 2 to 3x's that on amazon.com ...
I will buy your book if you still have it..please reply to timnlaurieh@hotmail.com Thanks
MelodyOwenStiles

Indianapolis, IN

#130 Oct 27, 2013
I would be honored to be on the list. I knew Keith and Betty Jane many years ago, but many years after the murders. Betty Jane and I grew close and I knew Keith quite well, too, through work. Please put my name on the list. I would do anything in my power to keep those monsters behind bars until they die.
Jacque wrote:
My maiden name was Jackie Acosta. I was Greg's fiancee and Betty Jane had spoken to me about submitting a video. I last track of her when she left Atlanta, GA, area while I was still in Army. I know the loss the man I loved, who moved to IN because he always loved and took care of his mother when she needed him. No one knows what it's like several weeks before my wedding date, anticipated move to IN to be with Greg, no phone call on Valentine's Day, and then next morning to read newspaper headlines that the love of my life was gone. It has affected my whole life...and I know Betty Jane looked over her shoulder for hers. Count me in to do whatever. jacquelinejayroe@hotmail.com
<quoted text>
Dave

Las Vegas, NV

#131 Oct 28, 2013
Hi James R Rockwell,

I went to Pendleton to see Danny Flowers whom I haven't seen in 34 years. He spent the entire hour telling me he's not guilty. He also has a brother there. Do you know him? His name is Tom.

Thanks for your time.
James Rockwell

Grand Rapids, MI

#132 Oct 28, 2013
I did not have any problems with Tom Flowers. I know him though. I was assigned to his cell house. I know he is in for attempted murder, attempted rape and burglary. His out date is 2022.
Skip

Greenwood, IN

#133 Dec 9, 2013
Michael Wright is my father's cousin and has always been close with one of Michael's older brothers. A memory from my early childhood was of a time when my great-grandfather passed away. It was probably 1982 or 1983. Michael's older brother traveled from out of state and stayed with us to attend the funeral services. I have been an early riser my whole life, the morning of my greatgrandfather's funeral was no different. What was different was Micheal Wright's brother was leaving to go into the funeral home to see his brother. I went with him. The funeral home sits in the town fo Darlington, IN with a population of less then 1,000. I don't know the exact number of officers or police cars but to a little kid it seemed like hundreds. I stood politely next to Micheal Wright's brother as I was introduced to a man in a prison unifrom, handcuffs, and shackles. It was a strange experience, part surreal and part vividly real. It is a very cold experience to be introduced to a killer.
Dave Ledbetter

North Las Vegas, NV

#134 Dec 17, 2013
James Rockwell

James, I wanted tell share with you that while I signed in to visit Danny Flowers, the officer at the front door asked me to go through this machine that looked like something at the airport. He pulled me to the side and said I just tested positive for marijuana (sp). I was quit shocked because I was 52 at the time and have not smoked weed since high school which was two or three times in my entire life. I'm tested often through work and have never failed a test in 32 years. The officer made me sit on a bench for an hour and a half. I remained calm because I wanted to see Danny because he was a grade school friend and I hadn't seen him in 40 years. After my visit I showed the officer my ID showing him that I'm a Colonel and that you have humiliated me. The officer said......"you got your visit in, didn't you"? I wanted to ask you James, what do you think was happening?
Anyway, I didn't want any hassles so I quietly said thank you and left.

Dave Ledbetter
James Rockwell

Grand Rapids, MI

#135 Dec 18, 2013
Dave. I can only tell you that i also tested positive for cocaine once on this machine and was made to take a urinalyisis test. When the test came back it was negative. I am retired military so that should tell you that ive never done drugs in my life except marijuana in the sixties. So its obvious these machines have some flaws. It took about a week for the test results to come back and i was allowed to keep working during that time. So the state must have known there were flaws. Have a great holiday season. Jim
olk9cop

Brazil, IN

#136 Jan 29, 2014
Mr Rockwell,
Does the name Alton Lee Taylor "ring a bell"?
GRM REAPER

Indianapolis, IN

#137 Jan 29, 2014
Roger Drollinger was found dead this morning in his cell.May He Burn In Hell
JAMES ROCKWELL

Grand Rapids, MI

#138 Jan 30, 2014
olk9cop. I personally did not know taylor. I looked him up on the indiana departmjent of corrections web site. He is in for attempted murder, rape, criminal confinement, and criminal sexual conduct. His release date is 2067. He is at wabash.
Claudia

Indianapolis, IN

#139 Feb 3, 2014
You can check out the book "Choking in Fear" from the library for FREE! As long as it's an Evergreen Library in Indiana they will transfer the book for free to your local library. I cannot believe somebody wanted to sell it for $100!
JAMES ROCKWELL

Grand Rapids, MI

#140 Feb 3, 2014
Autopsy results are in Roger Drollinger died of an apparent heart attack.
usahockey35

Brazil, IN

#141 Feb 10, 2014
The house is still there. It should have been burned an dozed.
Tess

Gosport, IN

#142 Apr 26, 2014
JAMES ROCKWELL wrote:
Autopsy results are in Roger Drollinger died of an apparent heart attack.
One down 3 to go!!
Beth

United States

#143 Jun 1, 2014
We just visited the grave yard ...very peaceful
Beth

Crawfordsville, IN

#144 Jun 1, 2014
usahockey35 wrote:
The house is still there. It should have been burned an dozed.
I agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russellville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rehab center Dec 14 NoWay 2
A question about the KKK (Feb '11) Dec 13 Imperial Wizard 15
Wreck just west of Crawfordville on I-74 nov29th Dec 11 squeezers 4
Ladoga Acedemy is closing down. (Apr '09) Dec 11 Darrell 20
indiana childrens christian home (Aug '09) Nov 23 adam malone 14
Tired of BS? (Apr '14) Nov 23 squeezers 2
LAB..... lee alan bryant...... WOW (Feb '11) Nov 22 bonnnie 26
Russellville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web