Quincy Village Council notes

Quincy Village Council notes

There are 30 comments on the Peak Of Ohio story from Apr 20, 2013, titled Quincy Village Council notes. In it, Peak Of Ohio reports that:

The Village of Quincy Council was presented a list of delinquent utility users. All users listed were atleast two months past due.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Peak Of Ohio.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Remember

Loveland, OH

#1 Apr 20, 2013
For those of you that pay the income tax, remember when you paid your tax bill this Sping? That should be enough. Vote no on these levies.

A couple of the village employees have complained that they have not received raises. Well, that is what the position pays, they have very good insurance and pay for the amount of work they do. If they don't like it, they need to seek out employment that better suits their needs and let someone else do the job. I doubt they would go to that extent because no where else can they find a job that has as good of benefits and pay for the amount of work and hours.
Yayornay

Loveland, OH

#2 May 6, 2013
Hey everyone. Get out and vote tomorrow whether you vote yes or no on the issues. Make your vote count.
soul searcher

Zanesville, OH

#3 May 9, 2013
Time to disolve village govt. and merge into Miami Twp. The village has become nothing more than some houses that revolve around a balpark.
Sandy

Mansfield, OH

#4 May 9, 2013
I am sorry but I do not agree. It is not time to dissolve the Village of Quincy. This is not a decision that can be made by an individual. Everyone is moaning and groaning about costs now. Wait until actual figures are presented and price increases in utilities are made without input from your village residents. You don't have any idea!!
You can not because you have not heard recommendations from financing rates. You do not attend Council meetings. And no one reviews where finances are except Council members and I know that for a fact. Everyone is so ready to be critical of Quincy Council but no one takes the interest to obtain the facts. The Township does a great job as does the Quincy Council. Dissolving a Village is a process and just because some feel that this town is a terrible place to live there are those of us that are proud of where we live and continue to work to keep it alive. You have your right to your opinion but I also have a right to mine and I vote to keep this town alive as long as possible and I feel everyone should contribute.
question

Loveland, OH

#5 May 9, 2013
Serious question. What would be so terrible about the town going to the township? There are several villages in the county that are like that and they survive. Everyone should contribute? I agree whole heartedly with that statement. But not everyone does.
The town is not a terrible place to live. It is like any other small village or town in the county. What would change if it went over to the township? and why would this be so terrible? I don't understand.
Sandy

Mount Vernon, OH

#6 May 10, 2013
when you become a part of a township People loose control of village issues. all of a sudden three people that do not necessarily live in your village make decisions about ALL local issues. what is the positive about giving up your local say. We have small villages to maintain some type of local control. If we are to become unincorporated why stop at township. Let's just govern everyone by county or state. Next we will just do whatever we are told with no say. Right now six people that have to live in our village for a year and listen to other people that live in this town have a say in the decisions made for this town not Degraff or.
Logansville or outside people. That is why in the past the people decided to incorporate this town,govern this town, and do whatever it takes to keep our town alive. Anyone can give up and let someone else do the
question

Loveland, OH

#7 May 12, 2013
I understand the control issues. But I was under the belief that the county towns that have the township take care of their streets still have mayors and council members.(Like West Mansfield and Zanesfied) I thought I had heard that before, but I don't know if that is fact or not.

How would the finances change? Besides control what is would be so bad? Wouldn't township officials listen as well as the council members? Do you know for sure that they wouldn't listen to the people's concerns?
shocked

Loveland, OH

#8 May 12, 2013
The residents have no say as it is now. Don't try to make us believe otherwise. What a joke. Who ever said that Quincy revolves around a ball park is right. The council is what is bringing the town down. Blame them if the town goes under.
Sandy

Mansfield, OH

#9 May 13, 2013
Is is amazing how easy it is to blame the Council for all the town problems. What could Council do to stop the Foundry from going under? What could Council do that they did not do to loose the school from Quincy? Where are you at Council meetings? Don't even try to say you are not welcome at a meeting or these six people stop you from attending. That old line is bull. Council members change all the time. Everyone that votes has a say in who represents them in this town. Yes the residents do have a say, they just choose not to attend the meetings and voice those opinions. Blame people that do nothing if this town goes under. Those people on Council at least try. Things don't always go the way you want whether it is in prayer or voicing your opinion just like on here but at least the time is taking to give those opinions. If you voted the town council listened to your opinion. If you attend meetings the Council listens. The only way the township does the streets is if it is contracted. The money is divided among the entities. Quincy would have to unincorporate before it became part of the township and all money would go to the township because there would not be a Village of Quincy. Yes the township trustees would listen but again you have to voice opinions and attend meetings so they know what the concerns are of the village. Shocked you are right you have no say in this town because the Village of Quincy does not monitor topix. The park is failing because youth seems uninterested in playing in sports. We are trying to encourage the park use. I believe in Quincy and the people that live here. This town could be as good as any other town if everyone worked to make that happen. The only way to work together is if everyone finds out what is going on and tries to make it better instead of trying to see if we can kill it off. Sorry! My Opinion
growup

Marysville, OH

#10 May 13, 2013
didnt all the kids from quincy go else where to play this year because of the way things at the ball associtaion were being run?
Sunflower

Cleveland, OH

#11 May 13, 2013
growup wrote:
didnt all the kids from quincy go else where to play this year because of the way things at the ball associtaion were being run?
Hey Grownup!! Get your fact's straight before you open your mouth lol.. Funny thing is DeGraff kids also went to Quincy .. What's thier excuse huh??? Yea shut your mouth unless you know the fact's idiot ..
opinion too

Loveland, OH

#12 May 13, 2013
Sandy, You state that "if you voted the council listened to your opinion". If that is true, why do they continuously put the levies on the ballot after the majority voters have rejected them? Doesn't sound like they listen to the voters to me.

How many times has a person come into the council meetings to voice a concern and after they leave the council makes fun of them? Real mature. It happens..don't say it doesn't. I have heard it from a member with my own ears. Like people are going to be breaking down the doors for treatment like that. It may be comical to the council but to that person it is a real ocncern. Maybe they don't have to do what the person wants, but why make fun of them? Is that professional?
growup

Marysville, OH

#13 May 13, 2013
Sunflower wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Grownup!! Get your fact's straight before you open your mouth lol.. Funny thing is DeGraff kids also went to Quincy .. What's thier excuse huh??? Yea shut your mouth unless you know the fact's idiot ..
How many teams total do you have this year? 2?
Sandy

Mansfield, OH

#14 May 14, 2013
Making fun of someone is being a bully. Bullying is not acceptable to anyone. Hear say is the same thing. People often enhance what is being said or done. People never always agree on anything. The Council has the job of sorting out truth and rumors and trying to make a good decision about whatever is brought before them. Everyone has their own personality and no one has control over what comes out of someone's mouth. Figure it like this, if someone makes fun after you walked out the door at least you had their attention. Council is not a lump sum. They are six individuals with six ideas and they don't always even agree their self. Did anyone make fun of anyone while they were there? Not to my knowledge and anything said after is simply hear say. I know for a fact that everyone is welcome and most often are thanked for coming and even a hand shake when leaving. I don't know how anyone can say what goes on at a meeting because very very seldom does anyone even come. I have not made fun of anyone and my office is open to all. No one has ever been in my office to get facts about expenses, ask questions, or given financial ways to make anything better except to dissolve and move to DeGraff or move into the township. I don't agree with either of those ideas and that is my opinion. Did you read minutes from Belle Center Council meeting. The room was full of people with much loud arguing and disagreement. But, no matter those people cared enough to attend and voice their opinions. Their Council meetings are always controversial lately but people still come. Just saying. Levies have been looked at reviewed and reductions made to try and make people understand the need. I hope we are done with levies and everyone can live with the result. Cutting corners is everywhere. Income tax, levies, and any other sources of income are needed everywhere. The income tax was the best action this village could have taken. At least we have a chance to salvage what is left with this money and do what we can to keep the General Fund operating. The Street Fund levy money is now done and there is no extra funds to keep streets in repair and now the General Fund won't even be able to help. We will see what happens.
Sandy

Mansfield, OH

#15 May 14, 2013
I am unsure of how many teams were formed. The sign ups did not produce many players and there were not enough players to form teams in Quincy. Some of those plays that wanted to play had to be released from Quincy rosters. You can contact Matt
Stotler about the exact number of teams. I know he said there were only a few teams with enough players signed up.
Pam

Mount Vernon, OH

#16 May 17, 2013
Is anybody concerned about all the in and out traffic at the yellow house on Jefferson St. across from the metro houses?? It sickens me that something hasn't been done about all the know activity that takes place there. Summer is quickly approaching, and I hope that something is done about it soon.
whatever

Loveland, OH

#17 May 19, 2013
The number of kids playing ball doesn't mean that things aren't being ran well in Quincy. More and more kids are going into indiviual activites. A lot of the older kids work summer jobs and just don't have the time to play. There are a lot of variable going on, not that any one organization is being poorly ran. It goes in cycles.
growup

Marysville, OH

#18 May 20, 2013
really, so why are there so many quincy kids playing in degraff,, face it, quincy ball assoc. has been ran in the ground and its time for them to just fold up
okay

Loveland, OH

#19 May 21, 2013
So who ran it in the ground? I know there were some issues last year with use of the park. Soething about the town worker didn't want the park to be used at a certain time, but I don't for what reason. Other than that one minor issue, I don't know of any other.
YOHO

Bedford, OH

#20 May 22, 2013
When I was a kid the park was always hopping. It was a real community then

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russells Point Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scare fair Harold Haunted Cornfield Sep 21 Dave 1
News Therea s nothing more American than an Airstrea... Sep 3 Aceevans 1
Jason young / Holmes Jul '16 Jason young 1
Stabbing at the lake Jul '16 MindYoBizness 2
What do you know about Harvest Church? (Sep '09) Jun '16 soblessed 12
Renee Rogers Jun '16 Christy 2
captins point (Jun '10) May '16 Lake Rat 37

Russells Point Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance