First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Info

Russell Springs, KY

#21 May 27, 2012
Have some respect wrote:
You must be Larry Smith from WHVE radio station or something. Why the he!! would you put names on here like that? How would you like to learn a close member of your family had been killed like this? Details of what happened is one thing. Putting names on here like that is another. This is one heck of a way to learn your child or nephew or sibling etc has been killed or even involved in a bad accident.
. This is a news forum. I am sure if the families didn't know by now they need and have the right to know. I am putting myself in the shoes as a parent and I would would to know the outcome. I think most people who post only do it because they know other people r concerned and want to pray for the families. You can think what u want. I know how I feel about this and it has me sick to my stomach.
Have some respect

Russell Springs, KY

#22 May 27, 2012
ummm wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't an accident in New York or Chicago...it happened in Russell Springs. Everyone in 3 counties new about the accident within 30 minutes of it happening, and I don't think anyone thought, "Accident? I better go check Topix to make sure it wasn't my family!"
Initials or first names probably would've been better, but I would say it's very rare people find out about a death in their family through this website.
It don't matter if "everyone in three counties" knew about it in 30 minutes or not. They didn't know names until some azzhole posted them on here. Besides that, people who live here have relatives scattered all over the country who check in Russell Springs Topix to keep up with local gossip and happenings from their home town. It's very possible for an aunt or uncle or sibling in another state to not have the information about their close family member being killed within 30 minutes of the accident and log on to here and find out about it. It's disrespectful and inconsiderate to put information like that on here within minutes of something like this happening. Your desire to know names so you can gossip about it is not as important as respecting the privacy of those involved and effected.
Have some respect

Russell Springs, KY

#24 May 27, 2012
Info wrote:
<quoted text>. This is a news forum. I am sure if the families didn't know by now they need and have the right to know. I am putting myself in the shoes as a parent and I would would to know the outcome. I think most people who post only do it because they know other people r concerned and want to pray for the families. You can think what u want. I know how I feel about this and it has me sick to my stomach.
It might make your dumbazz feel better about it to tell yourself it's a "news forum", but the reality of it is that this is a GOSSIP FORUM! It is not necessary to post names to tell others what happened, and you are an inconsiderate self annointed azzhole for doing it.
ZZZ

Jamestown, KY

#29 May 27, 2012
Have some respect wrote:
<quoted text>
It don't matter if "everyone in three counties" knew about it in 30 minutes or not. They didn't know names until some azzhole posted them on here. Besides that, people who live here have relatives scattered all over the country who check in Russell Springs Topix to keep up with local gossip and happenings from their home town. It's very possible for an aunt or uncle or sibling in another state to not have the information about their close family member being killed within 30 minutes of the accident and log on to here and find out about it. It's disrespectful and inconsiderate to put information like that on here within minutes of something like this happening. Your desire to know names so you can gossip about it is not as important as respecting the privacy of those involved and effected.
If you don't like what you see on here,why are you on here.I know most of this is gossip and I don't like it or read most of it.But I do have family and friends all around here so when something like this happens if I'm home I will check topics to see if it's friends or family,even if it's bad news I want to know soon as possible!Don't know why so many people complain about whats on Topics,if I don't want to see it ,I don't read it!!
Have some respect

Russell Springs, KY

#30 May 27, 2012
ZZZ wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't like what you see on here,why are you on here.I know most of this is gossip and I don't like it or read most of it.But I do have family and friends all around here so when something like this happens if I'm home I will check topics to see if it's friends or family,even if it's bad news I want to know soon as possible!Don't know why so many people complain about whats on Topics,if I don't want to see it ,I don't read it!!
Like I said, your desire to know so you can go gossip about it to others does NOT trump the victims and their families right to privacy and to be informed of the death of a loved one in an appropriate manner. If it's a member of your family involved someone will eventually call you and inform you of it.
Hate and adrenaline

Somerset, KY

#31 May 27, 2012
The people who can't wait to get on Topix to spread heartache pertaining to someone else, simply get an adrenaline rush out of being the first to tell bad news. These types literally make the majority of us sick to our stomachs.

They have obvious mental problems and inadequate maturity levels, or they'd realize how hurtful it can be for someone in the immediate family to even read about in the newspaper even after they've been informed that their loved one has died. Let alone have the stress of wondering what some asshole on Topix is going to try to spread.

People who get a rush out of putting these dreadful accidents and gossip on here are simply using it a pseudo mode for their personal 15 minutes of fame.

Don't think for one second that we don't realize you're true motives, you gossip hounds. You make us all sick to our stomachs. You get a sick thrill out of being the one who knew it first. You are vile. I hope you are in the same situation some day. Oddly, that's a very hateful thing for me to say because it would do doubt mean that someone you loved was hurt. But I feel strongly that this would be the only way to teach you how truly horrid your actions are.
yeah right

Campbellsville, KY

#32 May 27, 2012
Have some respect wrote:
<quoted text>
It might make your dumbazz feel better about it to tell yourself it's a "news forum", but the reality of it is that this is a GOSSIP FORUM! It is not necessary to post names to tell others what happened, and you are an inconsiderate self annointed azzhole for doing it.
Seems you spend a fair amount of time on the "gossip forum" yourself.
ZZZ

Jamestown, KY

#33 May 27, 2012
Hate and adrenaline wrote:
The people who can't wait to get on Topix to spread heartache pertaining to someone else, simply get an adrenaline rush out of being the first to tell bad news. These types literally make the majority of us sick to our stomachs.
They have obvious mental problems and inadequate maturity levels, or they'd realize how hurtful it can be for someone in the immediate family to even read about in the newspaper even after they've been informed that their loved one has died. Let alone have the stress of wondering what some asshole on Topix is going to try to spread.
People who get a rush out of putting these dreadful accidents and gossip on here are simply using it a pseudo mode for their personal 15 minutes of fame.
Don't think for one second that we don't realize you're true motives, you gossip hounds. You make us all sick to our stomachs. You get a sick thrill out of being the one who knew it first. You are vile. I hope you are in the same situation some day. Oddly, that's a very hateful thing for me to say because it would do doubt mean that someone you loved was hurt. But I feel strongly that this would be the only way to teach you how truly horrid your actions are.
You still have the God given right to stay off Topics. But some people like to continue to eat sour grapes so they can continue to complain.I don't agree with most stuff posted on here,but it is a public forum,so anyone can post anything at anytime.So just like now,if I don't like ,I wont read.Tired of complaints,done with this Topic. I still say personally if there is bad news its not any worse seeing it here than hearing it somewhere else. Could you be a little jealous because you don't get to tell it first!?Is the person not just as dead or injured regardless where you hear it?I can't believe how some people even think a person is not as "dead" if you say "passed on".This world is getting so pathetic.
casey county

United States

#34 May 27, 2012
it was bad thats someone love one .dont fight pray.life is to short
name

Elizabethtown, KY

#35 May 27, 2012
Good point. The best those of us who are not involved can do is pray for all involved. It doesn't matter who said what or who may be to blame. The families and all involved in the accident have a long road of healing ahead.
casey county wrote:
it was bad thats someone love one .dont fight pray.life is to short
Cat Fan

United States

#37 May 27, 2012
columbiamagazine.com has the story with names and details obtained from the state police. Notice I said COLUMBIA because that's where you have to get news from Russell County.
hummmmmmmmmmmmmm m

Russell Springs, KY

#41 May 28, 2012
By TFC Wm. Gregory, Public Affairs Officer
Kentucky State Police Post 15, Columbia, KY

RUSSELL COUNTY, KY - Tpr. Logan Richardson is investigating a collision that occurred today at approximately 10:25amCT 2 miles east of Russell Springs on KY 0080. 71-year-old Lois Norfleet of Russell Springs was operating a 2004 4-Dr Toyota when she attempted to cross KY 0080 into a church parking lot from KY 0910. Norfleet pulled into the path of a westbound 1997 Dodge pickup operated by 19-year-old Haiden Cain of Russell Springs.

The pickup struck the Toyota and then continued traveling west and struck a 2003 Ford operated by 37-year-old Christopher Yates of Glasgow. Yates had been traveling east on KY 0080 and was making a right turn onto KY 0910 when hit.

All three vehicle operators were wearing seatbelts. All other passengers were from Glasgow and in the Yates vehicle.

32-year-old Leslie Yates was belted and did not receive medical attention.

16-year-old Jacob Yates, 16-year-old Braxton Browning and 6-year-old Ethan Birge were belted, treated and released from Russell County Hospital.

8-year-old Hannah Yates, 12-year-old Ryan Yates, 6-year-old Elliott Birge were all belted and flown to UK Medical Center.

12-year-old Kinley Browning was belted and pronounced deceased at the scene by the Russell County Coroner. Drugs and Alcohol are not suspected to be a contributing factor at this time.

Story courtesy TFC Billy Gregory, Public Affairs Officer, Kentucky State Police Post 15, 1118 Jamestown ST,(at Exit 49, Louie B. Nunn Parkway), Columbia, KY. Kentucky State Police Post 15, Columbia, KY, covers the 11 counties of Adair, Casey, Clinton, Cumberland, Green, Marion, Metcalfe, Monroe, Russell, Taylor and Washington.

This story was posted on 2012-05-27 20:57:15
Really

United States

#42 May 28, 2012
I had heard about a wreck but found nothing on Laker Country yesterday. Prayers to the family.
RUS

Russell Springs, KY

#43 May 28, 2012
At that time, it was before the names were released. We were trying to figure out of our family is safe and accounted for, not here just to spread news.
RUS

Russell Springs, KY

#44 May 28, 2012
This is not horrid actions either. And you wish for me to some day be in that position? You are the one that is heartless here. Think before you speak.
zee

Stockbridge, GA

#45 May 28, 2012
Have some respect wrote:
<quoted text>
i you dont know but i can describe you youKNOW nothing but stick your nose ne in everthing
yeah right

Elizabethtown, KY

#46 May 28, 2012
zee wrote:
<quoted text>i you dont know but i can describe you youKNOW nothing but stick your nose ne in everthing
I wonder why they clicked on this thread unless they wanted to know what happened just like everybody else. People like that are such hypocrites.
wrecks

Lexington, KY

#49 May 29, 2012
Im hot and pissed. 910 and 80 have seen some serious crashes and nothing has been done. Worst spot is 76 and 80, and 76 910 intersections. Pulling a boat, its almost impossible to get accross before someone plows into you. As a concerned resident im attending next fiscal court meeting, if work allows, and urge a proposal be made to state transportation department to...1, widen, straight these areas of highway, 2 add turn lanes where needed, and 3, a plan to add interchange with parkway/910 and or parkway/76 allowing traffic a faster, straighter, alt route. Prays for these families, lets come some action will be take, by us, you, and urge change be made to these death trap intersections. 4 way stops DO NOT WORK either, thats not an option.
name

Elizabethtown, KY

#50 May 29, 2012
It would help if those traveling on 80 didn't ignore the caution light. It means slow down! I'm guilty of mis-judging the speed of others and pulling out in front of people. I don't do it often and it wouldn't be a problem if everyone observed the light, but i've nearly been rear-ended a few times. What really is concerning is that buses traveling from salem to the high school pull out there and very few people even slow down for them. I agree, something needs to be changed at this intersection
Ilegals working

Russell Springs, KY

#51 May 29, 2012
wrecks wrote:
Im hot and pissed. 910 and 80 have seen some serious crashes and nothing has been done. Worst spot is 76 and 80, and 76 910 intersections. Pulling a boat, its almost impossible to get accross before someone plows into you. As a concerned resident im attending next fiscal court meeting, if work allows, and urge a proposal be made to state transportation department to...1, widen, straight these areas of highway, 2 add turn lanes where needed, and 3, a plan to add interchange with parkway/910 and or parkway/76 allowing traffic a faster, straighter, alt route. Prays for these families, lets come some action will be take, by us, you, and urge change be made to these death trap intersections. 4 way stops DO NOT WORK either, thats not an option.
Three way stop could work also with flashing lights

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min just an observer 170,653
Our Beloved Hoover 1 hr Worried Grammie 206
PremierTox owners convicted. Why no word on sen... 3 hr LaMont Jefferson 47
Deputy Sheriff 4 hr Bayer 2
News Wes Bottoms, Russell Springs, KY at Journey to ... Sun Worried Grammie 30
who is Dana Bell dating Sun Wee wee 35
Who sells OUST air sanitizer? (Apr '12) Sun Jimmyfrench711 35

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages