County Alligator Toilet Boondoggle

County Alligator Toilet Boondoggle

Posted in the Russell Springs Forum

fed up

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Jan 15, 2013
Fiscal court is wanting to keep occupational taxes high to pay for stupid crap(no pun intended) like a $20,000 public toilet in the middle of an empty field where Alligator 1 dock USED TO BE! How much is this ridiculous boondoggle going to cost Russell county for monthly maintenence and utilities so some buckeye or hoosier visiting the lake can take a dump on the county dime?
Anonymous

Somerset, KY

#2 Jan 15, 2013
I say. let um, get use to country liven..like house boats and FOL..let um crap in the lake. I SAY WE FIX COUNTY WATER SUPPLY AND NO MORE BOIL WATER ADVISORY, AFTER THE FACT! They want facilities..let um rent um a room at Alligator hotel..tv..toliet..down home smilen inviten people. Besides..our business's such as hotels pay FOR THE ONES WHO SUPPOSE TO PROMOTE MORE BUSINESS call it tourism and than what do they do..nutin..thats what those huge taxs are needless
dummy

Casey, IL

#3 Jan 16, 2013
You my friend is dumb as a rock. I tried reading your post and got a headache. Learn how to spell, punctuate...anything. People like you give the rest of us a bad name. Please hush for now on!!
Hello ignorance

Somerset, KY

#4 Jan 27, 2013
dummy wrote:
You my friend is dumb as a rock. I tried reading your post and got a headache. Learn how to spell, punctuate...anything. People like you give the rest of us a bad name. Please hush for now on!!
I give you, a headache, because your upset! Don't be. It's business. Plain an simple! Some one, whose, made jobs, for several people! Besides. How in the world, does this county benefit, from paying for toliet. Instead of spending a fortune. For an unsure market. WHY NOT RENT PORT A POTTY! At least, one country store, i know of (CAN BENEFIT) some one stops to use bathroom. They will purchase. ANY MONEY MADE HELPS KEEP THE WORKERS PAID AND LIGHTS ON..Plus maybe more choices, if store does better in profit. DONT CRAP ON ME..Hotel makes some one stay. If hotels buys products AMERICAN MADE. Wam another JOB PRODUCED IN AMERICA . Ya getting that! HEAD ACHE! Try exercising your mind and not so much LIP(fingers) You make your self look bad! Besides thinker, i just wonder about those water bills. Notice who OWNS UM! Profit sure is not going for quality.NOW IS IT. Hope you see what i flying behind the screen at ya! Be civil. I am trying to uphold these high standards on hyere
dummy

Casey, IL

#5 Jan 27, 2013
Gosh.....you make NO SENSE!! Your stupid, plain and simple. Learn to write please!!
Interesting

Doniphan, MO

#8 Jan 28, 2013
I was not aware the county owned the Alligator docks. Do they? And 20 sounds high for a public facility. However, I do think if it is a public dock then it sound definitely have a bathroom for anyone who needs it. That just makes sense. How its paid for is another matter all together.
I would think if the tourists are the ones who will use it most, then a tax should be levied on them to pay for the bathroom and its continuing maintenance. That could be done by charging a fee to enter the area. But allow locals entrance for free.

The other poster mentioned a point I'd like to see addressed. "Water QUALIY". I have been amazed how the water districts in not just RC, but all surrounding counties, do not give advance notice they will be working on water lines. Instead they tell you at the last minute to boil water. No way to prep ahead of time. I found it interesting we don't hear about water quality (?) reports until long after the testing and reports have been done. I personally don't think the water is safe to drink. At any time.
But it is senseless and avoidable to delay informing the public that water lines are going to be torn apart contaminating the water when they know when they will be doing that way in advance. We need clean water. Parasite free.
waste

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Jan 28, 2013
Interesting wrote:
I was not aware the county owned the Alligator docks. Do they? And 20 sounds high for a public facility. However, I do think if it is a public dock then it sound definitely have a bathroom for anyone who needs it. That just makes sense. How its paid for is another matter all together.
I would think if the tourists are the ones who will use it most, then a tax should be levied on them to pay for the bathroom and its continuing maintenance. That could be done by charging a fee to enter the area. But allow locals entrance for free.
The other poster mentioned a point I'd like to see addressed. "Water QUALIY". I have been amazed how the water districts in not just RC, but all surrounding counties, do not give advance notice they will be working on water lines. Instead they tell you at the last minute to boil water. No way to prep ahead of time. I found it interesting we don't hear about water quality (?) reports until long after the testing and reports have been done. I personally don't think the water is safe to drink. At any time.
But it is senseless and avoidable to delay informing the public that water lines are going to be torn apart contaminating the water when they know when they will be doing that way in advance. We need clean water. Parasite free.
The new county toilet is in the former Alligator 1 dock site abandoned years ago. There is nothing there but a boat ramp extension now under water and a empty parking lot where the dock used to be. The actual cost of the toilet was $24K with a $10K govt grant and the county paying the other $14K
Interesting

Doniphan, MO

#10 Jan 29, 2013
waste wrote:
<quoted text>The new county toilet is in the former Alligator 1 dock site abandoned years ago. There is nothing there but a boat ramp extension now under water and a empty parking lot where the dock used to be. The actual cost of the toilet was $24K with a $10K govt grant and the county paying the other $14K
Then I don't get why it would need a 20 thousqnd plus toilet? Be handy to have a toilet but that much and no real dock no nothing except a ramp? Senseless
waste

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Jan 29, 2013
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text> Then I don't get why it would need a 20 thousqnd plus toilet? Be handy to have a toilet but that much and no real dock no nothing except a ramp? Senseless
It's the russell county fiscal court way-senseless. How much will the monthly water and electric bills be plus the maintenance and supplies to keep this this idiotic boondoggle up each month?
waste

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Jan 29, 2013
waste wrote:
<quoted text>It's the russell county fiscal court way-senseless. How much will the monthly water and electric bills be plus the maintenance and supplies to keep this this idiotic boondoggle up each month?
Probably another made-up job will be created for a connected good-old boy, sort of like the full time county address mapping co-ordinator position or the assistant county judge job. Remember this "crap" this time next year when the filing deadline happens for the next fiscal court election.
gottastop

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Feb 1, 2013
Was down their yestarday it was all locked up so hade to pee behind the building Just like it was not there Money well spent!!!
wassup

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Feb 1, 2013
gottastop wrote:
Was down their yestarday it was all locked up so hade to pee behind the building Just like it was not there Money well spent!!!
Did you ever think maybe vandals already destroyed it and stole the plumbing and wiring?
dummer

Somerset, KY

#15 Feb 1, 2013
dummy wrote:
Gosh.....you make NO SENSE!! Your stupid, plain and simple. Learn to write please!!
Stupid, for wanting to see some business operate, at higher, profit margin. You, see how big job market is.
dummer

Somerset, KY

#16 Feb 1, 2013
dummy wrote:
Gosh.....you make NO SENSE!! Your stupid, plain and simple. Learn to write please!!
I was hoping for some one to complete a thought. Hep me Lowdy!:)
dummy

Casey, IL

#17 Feb 1, 2013
oh my Allah!!! Your punctuation and grammar is ridiculous!!!
Vis-it-ter

Grayson, KY

#18 Apr 8, 2013
Ever think that my tourism dollars paid for it? I may get tired of being embarrased to be "pissing" by my car. I could take those tourism dollars and go on into Tn if you would like?
lefty or maybe righty

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Apr 10, 2013
hey Vis-it-ter no I don't think u have spent your tourism dollars for the toilet24,000, Russell county tax payer are paying for the pooper. That there is no dock at ,because they move the dock when they started workin on the dam.And it wouldn't bother me a bit if u went to TN. or if Buckeyes stayed home I don't see they contribute to the county what so ever,now to here the court house,big wigs and all, talk like that's all that's keepin us afloat well,this county hasn't helped me or my family, with anything, ever.All they ever do is try to make it rougher on the working people.Im not talkin courthouse, or office jobs, im sayin hard manual labor.Oh some of u mite not no what im talkin about there. Ill explain to u all at later date.I mite have got up on the wrong side of the bed this morn. ,but seems every topic has peode me today. and lots of people have had to pee in the woods at some point in their life, it will not kill u.And as for dummy on up the page,I no I haven't spelled a lot of my words right or punctuated, I didn't no we were keepin score I guess u were a scool teacher huh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Duh 166,364
Drug store robbery (Dec '16) 6 hr horsey 8
News Russell County Woman Still Searching for Answer... (Apr '10) 13 hr Worried Grammie 42
Mandy Lipperd pregnant by Tony Brummett 14 hr Loafer 12
Sundowner Thu make russell co g... 18
Lack Of Sunday Alcohol Sales Ignorant Stupidity Thu concerned 24
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Aug 16 MAGA 1,035

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages