First Prev
of 2
Next Last
student

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Feb 21, 2011
Does anyone know when we will get our money? I've got my card and the school took their part out like 10 days ago. The distrubution date says feb 17th but i've seen nothing. Anyone got theirs yet???
april

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Feb 21, 2011
I heard by the 24th hopefully....
sorry

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Feb 21, 2011
student wrote:
Does anyone know when we will get our money? I've got my card and the school took their part out like 10 days ago. The distrubution date says feb 17th but i've seen nothing. Anyone got theirs yet???
i heard due to economic budget shortfalls there would be little or no distributions this year and congress has also cutback on pell grants money from the federal budget
student

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Feb 21, 2011
Thats incorrect the money is already in the account its just not been released... There is a cut back in the state CAP money but as far as the Pell Grant it is still availible... I know how much im getting i just wondered if anyone knew the release date...
student 2

Nicholasville, KY

#5 Feb 21, 2011
I am sure I saw where it would be the 23rd, and I hope this helps. Someone at the school said something about the money only being released on Wed's. Idk for sure though. Guess we shall see... Classes will get smaller after the money is released... Sad but true!!! Good Luck in your studies....
student

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Feb 21, 2011
thanks for your help, i heard around the 24th so i would say that your right. For Real some ppl just start school to get the money, thats not right to the ones of us that are trying to do something with our lives and could use the money for school...
sorry

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Feb 22, 2011
student wrote:
Thats incorrect the money is already in the account its just not been released... There is a cut back in the state CAP money but as far as the Pell Grant it is still availible... I know how much im getting i just wondered if anyone knew the release date...
dont count on any money before you get it because it has been all over recent news media about the pell grant cuts in the proposed new federal budget being voted on now in congress repubs want to cut $60 billion out of social entitlement programs in the federal budget on backs of poor and needy to give rich more tax cuts
jsyk

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Feb 22, 2011
The money is distributed to the students that have been there longer first. If you've just started you won't get your refund at the date it says. Listen for people that have been there longer to say that have their refund and your's will follow a few days or a week after that.
a student

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Feb 22, 2011
student wrote:
I e-mailed the financial aid office and asked them...they said that the one's who get their money on the card will have it on the 24th, and the one's who get a paper check will get it mailed on the 24th and they will recieve it a few days later like the following week...but I usually get mine 2 or 3 days later...
nope

Russell Springs, KY

#10 Feb 22, 2011
jsyk wrote:
The money is distributed to the students that have been there longer first. If you've just started you won't get your refund at the date it says. Listen for people that have been there longer to say that have their refund and your's will follow a few days or a week after that.
I asked financial aid and they said the 24th it would come, if you get a loan then it was split up into two payments for students that just started....but the first amount would be there the 24th!
jsyk

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Feb 23, 2011
nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked financial aid and they said the 24th it would come, if you get a loan then it was split up into two payments for students that just started....but the first amount would be there the 24th!
I've been there and done that. If you're a newbie, which I'm sure you are, then you won't get your money before those that have been there longer. They send it out according to those who have seniority and by last name. When I first started we didn't get a refund until two weeks after the date they told us.
scc student

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Feb 23, 2011
I called the Financial Aid Office today and they said that the refund money will be put on the cards Feb. 24th between 1 and 2 p.m. Eastern Time. I'm not sure what "jsyk" is referring to about seniority and those people getting their money first. I started Somerset last semester in the fall and I got my refund put on the card the same day everyone else did.
student 2

Gordon, GA

#13 Feb 23, 2011
scc student wrote:
I called the Financial Aid Office today and they said that the refund money will be put on the cards Feb. 24th between 1 and 2 p.m. Eastern Time. I'm not sure what "jsyk" is referring to about seniority and those people getting their money first. I started Somerset last semester in the fall and I got my refund put on the card the same day everyone else did.
You're right it doesn't work that way everyone gets their money sent out on the same day. Whatever that day maybe be depending on the method of payment you picked will determine when you get it. Card same day, bank I think 2nd or 4rd day later it should be in your account, check is supposed to be 7 days. We usually see it before then though. Don't worry it will arrive always does! lol Good Luck everyone with your studies & I hope you keep going after you receive your aid... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MAKE SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU PROUD!
govt

United States

#14 Feb 24, 2011
whenever they get off their butts and send it
student

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Feb 24, 2011
govt wrote:
whenever they get off their butts and send it
Just looked on the computer on the Higher One account and the checks are in the writting process..which means more than likely the checks will be mailed this evening or in the morning...
student

Russell Springs, KY

#16 Feb 24, 2011
The checks have been mailed......
wondering

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Feb 24, 2011
student wrote:
<quoted text> Just looked on the computer on the Higher One account and the checks are in the writting process..which means more than likely the checks will be mailed this evening or in the morning...
sounds like u r jonesing real bad to score some oxys,meth, weed ?
scc student

Russell Springs, KY

#18 Feb 25, 2011
I got my money around 8 oclock this morning so everyone should be getting theirs soon
student

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Mar 1, 2011
i was wondering has anyone recieved their checks yet???..the higher one thing says that the checks were mailed thursday but some of us still haven't got our checks....wonder when we will get them??
student 2

Lexington, KY

#20 Mar 1, 2011
student wrote:
i was wondering has anyone recieved their checks yet???..the higher one thing says that the checks were mailed thursday but some of us still haven't got our checks....wonder when we will get them??
probably by the end of the week.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are You Ready For Another Earthquake? 40 min Urban Legand 38
jessie roy 2 hr new too ky 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 hr I believe 148,165
Chris Flatt and tina himenez 16 hr Tina 2
whats the definition of a country boy (Dec '10) 20 hr Joebiden 47
New pet store on hey 80 22 hr yep 2
Brooke Wilson 22 hr Felony Melanie 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages