First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just curious

Lexington, KY

#1 Aug 15, 2008
Why is that just about everyone that works at KMART has the personality of a wet mop? The employees that I have dealt with recently are rude and hateful. Is it that stressful to work there that they have to be rude to customers? Or is it just them? I won't be back. they have lost my business for sure.
shopper

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Aug 15, 2008
I am not going to bash anyone, but just wanted to adress the subject of "kmart" in general. I really try to shop about ANYWHERE else first. I make a list and wait until I can go to Walmart. I get so upset everhy time I go in our local Kmart because of what the store Doesnt have. It is very rare that I find anything in there that I am actually looking for. I don't see us getting a Walmart in anytime in the next few years due to the Supercenter going in at Columbia and the "distance factor". BUT.... I will be so glad when we do get one and some other stores so RC money can start staying in THIS county for a change!
like it is

Lexington, KY

#3 Aug 15, 2008
just curious wrote:
Why is that just about everyone that works at KMART has the personality of a wet mop? The employees that I have dealt with recently are rude and hateful. Is it that stressful to work there that they have to be rude to customers? Or is it just them? I won't be back. they have lost my business for sure.
I agree that there are a group of very rude people who work there. and why is there over a half dozen check out lanes so tight that you can barley get a buggy through and never more than two open?

Since: Jul 08

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Aug 16, 2008
just curious wrote:
If they have to deal with people like you all day, I wouldn't blame them.
fly on the wall

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Aug 16, 2008
To me, if I were in charge of this retail establishment I would take out a little over half of the checkout lanes and in their place put product that could actually create possible profit. But I guess the management at the local Kmart may not have a say in construction/destruction decision making.
Why does Kmart waste the space and the equipment if they are only going to use a majority of those checkout lanes once per year, and that being during the Christmas shopping season. All of them aren't even open then. Heck, even near Christmas, all they'd have to do is setup a few cubicles for additional checkout areas. Trust me, it wouldn't make it any more crowded than it is currently when attempting to checkout.
I saved my best idea for last though: Why not have self checkout lanes that way when I wish to pay for my 2-3 items I do not have to stand in line for 30 minutes or feel like I am hindering the electronics clerk from helping someone that needs help in their department instead of checking me out at their register. Also the self checkouts would allow others that share my opinion of the slowness of the current Kmart checkout procedure to prove that we can in fact check ourselves out faster.
I know some "smart" person will tell me that if I don't like it, I don't have to shop there. I guess I shall continue doing 97% of my shopping elsewhere, except in those emergency situations where I desperately need deodorant or toothpaste and accidentally pass up the Kroger parking area.
red rose

Jamestown, KY

#6 Aug 16, 2008
Sometimes I can find what I am looking for but most the time not or its way to high. I know the employees don't make the prices, so I can't fuss on them about that but they could be alittle nicer. Maybe some of them are buying their time till Walmart does open in Columbia. I kind of live in the lower end of Jamestown, so I just as soon drive to Columbia. But I like to spend my money in my county, thats just good business, although the way prices are skyrocketing everyday you have to go cheaper if you can. I do wish everyone that worked their was alittle nicer.
whatever

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Aug 16, 2008
the last time that i was in there i looked for 20 minutes for someone in electronics to check me out. i spent 40 dollars with them that day and it was all i could do to get someone to take my money. here's a hint to everyone. if you hate waiting in line forEVER!!!! for 2 items like i do, trust me, the management does not care....make the people at the service desk check you out. if they have to start doing that a lot, they will get more registers open one way or another. or better yet....don't shop there at all.
x-shopper

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Aug 16, 2008
I stopped shopping at K mart almost 10 months ago. They probably don't miss the measly $50.00 to $60.00 that I would spend each time that I entered the store. But you know what, I don't miss the disrespect, rudeness, or hassle of trying to do business with them. I did have to make some minor adjustments in my shopping habits. But by eliminating the K Mart in Russell Springs from the stores I shop with, has actually saved me money. I can get most of the items at other stores in Russell Springs and Jamestown area. The things that I can't get locally I just wait and purchase those items when we travel to neighboring towns. All the other stores that are getting my business seem very receptive and happy do have me purchase items from them. See how small changes can make life so much more pleasant...
TWO CENTS

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Aug 16, 2008
whatever wrote:
the last time that i was in there i looked for 20 minutes for someone in electronics to check me out. i spent 40 dollars with them that day and it was all i could do to get someone to take my money. here's a hint to everyone. if you hate waiting in line forEVER!!!! for 2 items like i do, trust me, the management does not care....make the people at the service desk check you out. if they have to start doing that a lot, they will get more registers open one way or another. or better yet....don't shop there at all.
For your information the person in electronics is not only in charge of electronics. They have several departments to oversee. So don't go blaming people in electronics when its the manager(s) who do this to the employee. Harp on the management if you want to down someone.
Your Mother

Centerville, TX

#10 Aug 17, 2008
We all know where that shopping center that Kroger, Rite-Aid, McDonald's and other stores are located. I think the one building on the far left end would be a perfect place to put a customer friendly retail store. My opinion is that at the present time the building is being wasted.
fly too high

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Aug 17, 2008
fly on the wall wrote:
To me, if I were in charge of this retail establishment I would take out a little over half of the checkout lanes and in their place put product that could actually create possible profit. But I guess the management at the local Kmart may not have a say in construction/destruction decision making.
Why does Kmart waste the space and the equipment if they are only going to use a majority of those checkout lanes once per year, and that being during the Christmas shopping season. All of them aren't even open then. Heck, even near Christmas, all they'd have to do is setup a few cubicles for additional checkout areas. Trust me, it wouldn't make it any more crowded than it is currently when attempting to checkout.
I saved my best idea for last though: Why not have self checkout lanes that way when I wish to pay for my 2-3 items I do not have to stand in line for 30 minutes or feel like I am hindering the electronics clerk from helping someone that needs help in their department instead of checking me out at their register. Also the self checkouts would allow others that share my opinion of the slowness of the current Kmart checkout procedure to prove that we can in fact check ourselves out faster.
I know some "smart" person will tell me that if I don't like it, I don't have to shop there. I guess I shall continue doing 97% of my shopping elsewhere, except in those emergency situations where I desperately need deodorant or toothpaste and accidentally pass up the Kroger parking area.
Whats wrong with the $ store for your toothpaste or deodorant? ALOT cheaper than Krogers.
fly on the wall

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Aug 17, 2008
fly too high wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats wrong with the $ store for your toothpaste or deodorant? ALOT cheaper than Krogers.
I wasn't complaining about the prices at Kmart. There's not a thing wrong with the $ store for a lot of items. Some items, I do prefer name brand.
Your Mother

Centerville, TX

#13 Aug 17, 2008
fly on the wall wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't complaining about the prices at Kmart. There's not a thing wrong with the $ store for a lot of items. Some items, I do prefer name brand.
I think the $ store has many more name brands than they use to carry.(Secret, Right Guard, Crest, etc.) I can almost get everything that we need there.
skinnie 1

United States

#14 Aug 17, 2008
fly on the wall wrote:
They has self checkouts at the Glasgow store but took them out because customers wouldn't use them, the same thing at Campbellsville Kroger took the self service check because wasn't used I won't use the ,if they cant have a live person to check will go elsewhere. As for what they stock that is not done on local basis so I was told, they have no say,just take what is shipped to them.
wondering

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Aug 18, 2008
Went to get a televison set that was on sale, when I got there the only one they had was the floor show model, fine I said I would take that if they would sell it. They called back to ask the manager to come to electronics to see if they could sell it. I waited a half hour and a dozen more calls to the manager and he never showed up so I finally let without a television
There Ya Go

Russell Springs, KY

#16 Aug 18, 2008
wondering wrote:
Went to get a televison set that was on sale, when I got there the only one they had was the floor show model, fine I said I would take that if they would sell it. They called back to ask the manager to come to electronics to see if they could sell it. I waited a half hour and a dozen more calls to the manager and he never showed up so I finally let without a television
There you go...the manager's fault, not the employee. Everyone, remember that next time. The employees are trying. At least give them credit for that. Besides, I wouldn't have taken the display model anyway. Their never as good.
wondering

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Aug 18, 2008
True, my question why do they never have what is advertised on sale? The employees helped everyway they could.
country to the bone

Rineyville, KY

#18 Aug 18, 2008
Super WalMart in Columbia will open October 29, 2008. I am looking forward to shopping during the holidays especially in the grocery section.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#20 Aug 18, 2008
country to the bone wrote:
Super WalMart in Columbia will open October 29, 2008. I am looking forward to shopping during the holidays especially in the grocery section.
I don't see where the savings is that great at walmart,especially in their meat dept..although somethings are cheaper,any store makes up for it by uping, the prices on other items..milk use to be cheaper than anywhere,but, it's not anymore..
Your Mother

Scottsville, KY

#21 Aug 19, 2008
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see where the savings is that great at walmart,especially in their meat dept..although somethings are cheaper,any store makes up for it by uping, the prices on other items..milk use to be cheaper than anywhere,but, it's not anymore..
I don't believe that Wal-Mart even has butchers anymore (please correct me if I am wrong). I like buying meat at Kroger and always look for the sales. Wal-mart is pretty good at customer service. It usually varies from town to town. Bottom line for me is K-mart doesn't get any of my business based on terrible past experiences with them. I much prefer Wal-Mart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Blacklagoon 163,813
Stephen's pipe& steel 52 min LOL 3
what happened to toma piantek 13 hr Hellraiser 6
Is Alligator Inn Shut Down (Mar '12) 20 hr really 5
Break ins Wed RCSucks 13
Does anyone know??? Wed Truthhurts 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Tue Fire Eater 837

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages