Russell County (120 Churches and grow...

Russell County (120 Churches and growing)

Posted in the Russell Springs Forum

Just passing through

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Aug 23, 2012
I could hardly believe it. I have counted approximately 120 churches whithin Russell County and growing. Something is not right "AT ALL"!! I can see why so many people here are so mixed up. I think there may be some sort of "Religious Cult" in this area. With a population of approximately 15,000 this is such a small town for so much "RELIGION"!!!!!!!!!!
gawd

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Aug 23, 2012
Two words EAT UP! This place is crazy. All these separate redneck churches and so many hypocrites.
realty check

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Aug 23, 2012
Just passing through wrote:
I could hardly believe it. I have counted approximately 120 churches whithin Russell County and growing. Something is not right "AT ALL"!! I can see why so many people here are so mixed up. I think there may be some sort of "Religious Cult" in this area. With a population of approximately 15,000 this is such a small town for so much "RELIGION"!!!!!!!!!!
Around here going to church is a way of life. Stupid, ignorant, poor, inbred idiotic people don't have anything better to do twice on Sunday and once on Wednesday.
Just passing through

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Aug 23, 2012
realty check wrote:
<quoted text>Around here going to church is a way of life. Stupid, ignorant, poor, inbred idiotic people don't have anything better to do twice on Sunday and once on Wednesday.
I can believe that. I can honestly say 120 Churches is a bit "EXTREME" for such a small population. There seems to be a church on every other corner. Something just isnt right about this!!!
U R Undiscovered Genuis

United States

#7 Aug 24, 2012
When in the bible belt. Always know, there is more given to charity. Than say our NORTHERN BIG HEADED KNOW IT ALLS. Don't worry though..we got fat cat Southern sob's still the nickles, off your dead granny's eyes before, she gets cold.
My take

Leitchfield, KY

#8 Aug 24, 2012
I can assure you, the fact that we have that many Church's does not mean we are a community of true Christians. I understand the majority of church goers are going to church merely to make a statement. It's expected of them, they have an acceptance in the county of their "faux" christian act and are seen as being good folks when in reality, they are far from being anything even remotely Christian.
I myself am a Christian so I know what a true Christian is. And what it is not. A lot of these people are going to be surprised when they die. No one who is impure can enter the kingdom of heaven.
These people who say oh we all sin everyday, just ask God to forgive & you'll be ok only have it half right. We are all prone to sin but IF we are truly saved and truly Christian then we live it every moment of every day. If we get saved, truly saved and born again, every single aspect of our lives changes. It
is represented in our thoughts, our words, our actions.
The problem is a lot of these pretend Christians actually think their going to heaven but they are rude and cruel even to other people, they talk it but they don't walk it. They basically go to church like I said to make a statement & hopefully be seen as being Christian in their community. But then they do not live as Christians. They by and large do not recognize that every one of us are a creation of God, all of us created in His image. All of us deserving of care, consideration & brotherhood. No one lesser in the eyes of god than the other. They forget how the first will be last and the last will be first.
A lot of them think they have a handle on God. They don't because they fail to recognize their fellow Christians. They can talk about God in their hipocrisy they just do not live a Christian life sadly.
The majority of RC church goers see all other church goers as not going to heaven or living right because they aren't in their particular "group" when what they should be seeing is that they all believe in the same God and there is more that should bind together than there is that should seperate us.
Most people miss it. Sadly so. But they miss out on the whole message o the bible.
No Jobs

Jamestown, KY

#10 Aug 26, 2012
realty check wrote:
<quoted text>Around here going to church is a way of life. Stupid, ignorant, poor, inbred idiotic people don't have anything better to do twice on Sunday and once on Wednesday.
Your right, they have nothing else better to do and the only thing they can do is go and pray that our county government might let things like Wal-Mart come here amoung other things.
pray for me

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Aug 26, 2012
My take wrote:
I can assure you, the fact that we have that many Church's does not mean we are a community of true Christians. I understand the majority of church goers are going to church merely to make a statement. It's expected of them, they have an acceptance in the county of their "faux" christian act and are seen as being good folks when in reality, they are far from being anything even remotely Christian.
I myself am a Christian so I know what a true Christian is. And what it is not. A lot of these people are going to be surprised when they die. No one who is impure can enter the kingdom of heaven.
These people who say oh we all sin everyday, just ask God to forgive & you'll be ok only have it half right. We are all prone to sin but IF we are truly saved and truly Christian then we live it every moment of every day. If we get saved, truly saved and born again, every single aspect of our lives changes. It
The problem is a lot of these pretend Christians actually think their going to heaven but they are rude and cruel even to other people, they talk it but they don't walk it. They basically go to church like I said to make a statement & hopefully be seen as being Christian in their community. But then they do not live as Christians. They by and large do not recognize that every one of us are a creation of God, all of us created in His image. All of us deserving of care, consideration & brotherhood. No one lesser in the eyes of god than the other. They forget how the first will be last and the last will be first.
A lot of them think they have a handle on God. They don't because they fail to recognize their fellow Christians. They can talk about God in their hipocrisy they just do not live a Christian life sadly.
The majority of RC church goers see all other church goers as not going to heaven or living right because they aren't in their particular "group" when what they should be seeing is that they all believe in the same God and there is more that should bind together than there is that should seperate us.
Most people miss it. Sadly so. But they miss out on the whole message o the bible.
Christians need Christ have you gave Him a try?
Edwardo

United States

#14 Aug 26, 2012
Fact is getting close... So many tax-shelters, so little time. A church is tax free; that is even better than claiming a small farm. Lots of benefits to claiming what is basically a "tax-free small business"... And who is going to audit Jesus
No Jobs

Jamestown, KY

#15 Aug 26, 2012
I am thinking of starting up my own Church! I can't wait to sit back and watch all of that tax free money rool in! Anyone want to help me count it? I will pay $7.25 per hour under the table.
Believer

Jamestown, KY

#16 Aug 26, 2012
No Jobs wrote:
I am thinking of starting up my own Church! I can't wait to sit back and watch all of that tax free money rool in! Anyone want to help me count it? I will pay $7.25 per hour under the table.
And they still laugh and scoff at God.
boy howdy

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Aug 26, 2012
Edwardo wrote:
Fact is getting close... So many tax-shelters, so little time. A church is tax free; that is even better than claiming a small farm. Lots of benefits to claiming what is basically a "tax-free small business"... And who is going to audit Jesus
114 local preachers say it's the best gig they got going in poor ol' Russell county!
fed up golf player

Elk Horn, KY

#20 Sep 5, 2012
114 churches, 15,000 fundy morons= no progess.
Another four for ME

Russell Springs, KY

#22 Sep 8, 2012
My take wrote:
A lot of them think they have a handle on God. They don't because they fail to recognize their fellow Christians. They can talk about God in their hypocrisy they just do not live a Christian life sadly.
The majority of RC church goers see all other church goers as not going to heaven or living right because they aren't in their particular "group" when what they should be seeing is that they all believe in the same God and there is more that should bind together than there is that should separate us.
Most people miss it. Sadly so. But they miss out on the whole message of the bible.
Now your above message, deserves to be printed on the front page of the RC Newspapers and on every Sunday program. You have spoken the truth and NO ONE can deny that. I do not attend church, all though I would like to faithfully, I will not go until I am 100% ready to "talk it and walk it" as you kind of said. I refuse to pretend to be something I am not.I have wondered many times if the pretenders is not a big part of why I have not. Then again it is on me! I just have not COMMITTED myself! I also feel my relationship is personal with God, because he is the one who truly knows what is and isn't in our hearts. Until I make the choice to be where I know I need to be 100%. I keep letting the years pass me by, but I am still who I have always been flaws and all and HONEST. When I make that commitment to live the word and walk the talk. I feel I will know in my heart. When that time comes for me to do what I know I am suppose to do and need to do. I want to say,even though I have not been 100% ready, I was not raised in a church regularly but I was raised with most of what the bible teaches us. I did make sure my children were raised with the moral and values I was raised with. I also made sure they were raised with attending and participating regularly in church with their grandma taking them faithfully. They went 2x's on Sunday and on Wednesday evenings. They have grown up into wonderful adults and now wonderful Christian parents who are raising their children in Church. I did attend at times but not faithfully,because I did not feel right if I wasn't living right in my life. When asked by my children;"Mom why are you not going to church with us?" I was honest told them how I felt and the truth. I live with someone unmarried,etc...When I'm ready I will be there 100%
Chris Bunch

Ashburn, VA

#23 Sep 21, 2012
Jesus told his disciples "He who is without sin cast the 1st stone". Contrary to some peoples beliefs people who choose go to church are not nor will ever be perfect. God said that man has to kill his flesh daily which means that we will all sin but the he is true and just to forgive us, all we have to do is repent. Repent means to turn away from. My father was a pastor in Jamestown and yes I often wondered too why is there so many church's in this county. From the sound of this forum and from what we all see every day, believers and non, we truly need GOD in every single one of them. Yes some people do go to put on a show but as my father told me "Your relationship with God is a personal relationship. Its between you and him, not society." Don't worry about everyone else that claims to be a Christian, worry about yourself. No one will stand beside us when we stand before God almighty at the judgement so just stand for yourself here on this earth..
zzzzzzzz

Elizabethtown, KY

#25 Oct 11, 2012
If any of us were true Christians would we be reading what is basically a gossip forum? I doubt Jesus would read any of this much less post.
what

Russell Springs, KY

#26 Oct 11, 2012
zzzzzzzz wrote:
If any of us were true Christians would we be reading what is basically a gossip forum? I doubt Jesus would read any of this much less post.
Do you mean you also are not true christian being on this site? Personally I think truth can be found in many unspoken places if you look for it.
zzzzzzzz

Elizabethtown, KY

#27 Oct 11, 2012
what wrote:
<quoted text>Do you mean you also are not true christian being on this site? Personally I think truth can be found in many unspoken places if you look for it.
I consider myself a child and student of God. But i sometimes give in to idle gossip. I do consider it a sin to participate in gossip. By knowingly reading most of the garbage on this site i am placing myself into the group of Christians who knowingly do wrong. There are some truths on this site, but most of it is trash, including what i'm saying i suppose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 56 min Lol 165,730
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 hr -Christopher Jarvis 814
I wish my parents would drop dead 8 hr Motherless 8
Meyer arrested 9 hr Hmm 3
Looking for Tina Kuhn/Russell 10 hr Just looking71 1
Please help find Christopher Gregory (Jan '08) 15 hr barry 125
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 19 hr Eddyville 60 965

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages