familiar

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Nov 19, 2011
wow, this sounds so familiar.. geez, straight from the source herself maybe????
gotta point

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Nov 19, 2011
yes, i was thinking the same exact thing, the employee herself probably posted this herself tryin act like a "customer". surely wont be the first time huh????
Well

Lexington, KY

#10 Nov 20, 2011
Ok will someone please tell me why I cannot get a piece of white breast that is properly cooked? Why is it taken out before it's done. I'm sick of biting into a breast only to find it's like rubber because somebody didn't cook it done. So what's up with that? We got 8 to go 3 piece meals. All were all white meat. And ALL 8 had UNDERCOOKED chicken breasts. Think I'm going to go back again? Nope. Not until they can cook a breast done. So how about it?
helping hand

Cub Run, KY

#11 Nov 20, 2011
Could be faulty gauges on the cooking equipment? I thought it was pressure cooked and timed. Whatever it was I don't blame you for not wanting to waste money on undercooked bird meat. You should have taken it all back to see if it would be replaced or refunded your money.
Tresa Helton

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Nov 20, 2011
Yes, this is the owner of Lee's Famous Recipe in Jamestown, KY. I hate it that so many people have started up with this mess but I assure you that all is fine at my store and clean as well. As far as chicken not being done..I have had no complaints at all..you should have called me and I would have discussed this with you instead of putting it on the gossip page here. As for the prior comment of me cursing my employees and doing nothing but sitting around in the lobby and making them work themselves to the bone is a complete false accusation. Sometimes employees have to be corrected or they will run all over you and they can make it a bad place for you to come to and that is my goal to make a success of the business and make sure you all are treated correctly and get your food in a good timely manner and as fresh as possible...I believe I know who you are that has posted this and I really don't care but everyone there knows that I have loaned them money, took them home, babysit for them so they could come to work and make money, bailed them out of jail and even went to court with them. Also who is going to give them free food and drinks and not make them clock out for breaks and continue to earn money while they eat or smoke??? At least I have the nerve to put a true name to this instead of hiding behind some false face so you want have to confront me...hope you are happy but my true customers know the real me and how my business is ran and I am sure if they knew you they would also know to not believe a word that comes out of your mouth...by the way...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Sincerely,
Tresa Helton
owner, Lee's Famous Recipe,
Jamestown, KY

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#13 Nov 20, 2011
I don't see the prior comment about cursing. Is my Topix page messed up?

Anyhow, good for you in sticking up for yourself and your place of business. That should set a few people straight. Probably not hard to figure out who posted it about you, either...
Rita

United States

#14 Nov 21, 2011
I have eat at famous recipe many times and the food has always been good and cooked. As it is, we don't have that many choices for good food; so stop complaining and if you do get something thats not cooked the way you want it, all you have to do is tell them and they will cook you one just the way you like it. Most goumet resestuarants don't cook their chicken as well as I would like it but everybody has their own opinion of how done they think the chicken should be cooked. some people complain no matter what and those ppl should just stay home and cook their own food.

Since: Oct 11

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Nov 24, 2011
Lee's has great chicken, glad to have them in town!
Tresa Helton

Russell Springs, KY

#18 Nov 27, 2011
I found you as I said I would and I have already called and left you a voice mail...you are just as I said...an unhappy ex-employee that got angry because I would not hire you back but you lost your job because you didn't show up and partying was more important that day than your job and I was nice enough to give you more than one opportunity to come back at different times to work again and it is the same old thing every time so I would not hire you back so now you are out to slander me and my business but now that I know you...that will stop...I told you to leave me alone when you were sending me all those bad text messages a couple weeks ago and so now you thought you would go here to do some damage...sorry but people know me and they know that I don't operate like you say nor would I have employees that are unclean or unfit for the job...I will still deal with you and it is not over with me and you but at least the public now knows that I know who you are and what your tactics are!! Sorry you just got had this time!!!! Enjoy your fine day!!
Classy

Canton, OH

#19 Nov 27, 2011
You sound very classy, Ms. Helton. I'm sure I would love to spend my money at an establishment where the owner curses the public on topix.
Agree

Russell Springs, KY

#21 Nov 27, 2011
Classy wrote:
You sound very classy, Ms. Helton. I'm sure I would love to spend my money at an establishment where the owner curses the public on topix.
I agree. I pretty much overlook most of the crap that gets put on here as disgruntled employees or former employees or exhusbands/wives, jilted lovers etc. But this Ms. Helton is waaay out of line responding to critisim on Topix like this. I am only aware of one LEGAL method of learning who a poster on here is, and there's no way it could have been done in a few hours on Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend.
mmm__yuk

Lexington, KY

#22 Nov 27, 2011
lgpt42129 wrote:
I LOVE LEES CHICKEN ! but i have to say the last 2 times I ate there the chicken tasted funny, NOTHING like lees lees in greensbrg, or campbellsville,??
I did send you a letter and have heard nothing.
i will not return to your lees, sorry
i have no issues with the staff etc
Lee's in Gburg -- Nasty. Lee's in Cville -- Even worse!
ohsoyousay

Lexington, KY

#23 Nov 27, 2011
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I pretty much overlook most of the crap that gets put on here as disgruntled employees or former employees or exhusbands/wives, jilted lovers etc. But this Ms. Helton is waaay out of line responding to critisim on Topix like this. I am only aware of one LEGAL method of learning who a poster on here is, and there's no way it could have been done in a few hours on Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend.
Well.. knowing the situation, there are more says to find out who put what on here. Word of Mouth is very powerful, especially with so many people just waiting to run their mouth about one thing or another. Information gathered by Word of Mouth is legal, while not admissible in legal proceedings, I would imagine that Ms. Helton may have the request already put in to have this user located- Just to confirm her knowledge.

And if you had a business who was being ran into the ground like this... I bet you would say something too... Or wait... would you be all cowardly and hide your identity?:P
ha ha

Jamestown, KY

#24 Nov 28, 2011
Tresa Helton wrote:
Yes, this is the owner of Lee's Famous Recipe in Jamestown, KY. I hate it that so many people have started up with this mess but I assure you that all is fine at my store and clean as well. As far as chicken not being done..I have had no complaints at all..you should have called me and I would have discussed this with you instead of putting it on the gossip page here. As for the prior comment of me cursing my employees and doing nothing but sitting around in the lobby and making them work themselves to the bone is a complete false accusation. Sometimes employees have to be corrected or they will run all over you and they can make it a bad place for you to come to and that is my goal to make a success of the business and make sure you all are treated correctly and get your food in a good timely manner and as fresh as possible...I believe I know who you are that has posted this and I really don't care but everyone there knows that I have loaned them money, took them home, babysit for them so they could come to work and make money, bailed them out of jail and even went to court with them. Also who is going to give them free food and drinks and not make them clock out for breaks and continue to earn money while they eat or smoke??? At least I have the nerve to put a true name to this instead of hiding behind some false face so you want have to confront me...hope you are happy but my true customers know the real me and how my business is ran and I am sure if they knew you they would also know to not believe a word that comes out of your mouth...by the way...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!
Sincerely,
Tresa Helton
owner, Lee's Famous Recipe,
Jamestown, KY
i,m sure this person that run you down was just looking for someone to slander , ignore all rude comments and if they dont like
the place let them find somewhere else to blame for something ,i personally like this place and dont have a problem withit
Agree

Russell Springs, KY

#25 Nov 28, 2011
ohsoyousay wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.. knowing the situation, there are more says to find out who put what on here. Word of Mouth is very powerful, especially with so many people just waiting to run their mouth about one thing or another. Information gathered by Word of Mouth is legal, while not admissible in legal proceedings, I would imagine that Ms. Helton may have the request already put in to have this user located- Just to confirm her knowledge.
And if you had a business who was being ran into the ground like this... I bet you would say something too... Or wait... would you be all cowardly and hide your identity?:P
Another term for word of mouth is "rumor" or "gossip", neither of which is conclusive enough proof to be accusing someone of something.

Like I said, there is only one legal means of learning the originating IP address of a particular post, and then learning who that IP address belongs to. And there's no way that can be done in a few hours on Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend. If Ms. Helton is calling someone and leaving them voice mails based on rumor then she is waaay out of line in my opinion.
Sue

Indianapolis, IN

#27 Dec 8, 2011
We have tried Lees on 3 or 4 occasions. The chicken has ALWAYS been dry as if sitting for an extended period of time. The last time we were there I even asked how long it had been cooked. I was told it just came out - but again, it was obviously old. Have not been back since.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min ChromiuMan 156,598
becky polston (Aug '08) 3 hr Sonja 45
Let us all come together and name the RATS of t... 12 hr My name is 10
AA/NA Meetings in Russell County (Jul '10) Thu KGB 16
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Thu hot dog 755
Ashley McFarland Wed Joshy too Hotty 5
damn ugly Russell county women,eewww Wed Joshy 4

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages