Apostolic: Church or Occult?
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
LOJ

Houston, TX

#118 Jan 18, 2011
Technically, the definition for occult is: of or pertaining to magic, astrology, system claiming use of supernatural powers. secret; communicated only to the initiated.
The definition for cult is: a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
Neither of these really fit the Apostolic denomination. These terms are often employed by those who simply don't understand the group and who buy into the negative propaganda perpetrated by those who want others to adopt their opinion. This is not to say that they are true christians, they most certainly are NOT. I find that many in this country are lax in doing their own research and developing their own opinion, most prefer to parrot what others believe. Additionally, many do not have a good grasp of the real meanings of words and use them incorrectly. This is sad in a day with easy access to dictionaries.
Pastor12

Somerset, KY

#119 Jul 14, 2011
LOJ wrote:
Technically, the definition for occult is: of or pertaining to magic, astrology, system claiming use of supernatural powers. secret; communicated only to the initiated.
The definition for cult is: a religion or sect considered to be false, unorthodox, or extremist, with members living outside of conventional society under the direction of a charismatic leader.
Neither of these really fit the Apostolic denomination. These terms are often employed by those who simply don't understand the group and who buy into the negative propaganda perpetrated by those who want others to adopt their opinion. This is not to say that they are true christians, they most certainly are NOT. I find that many in this country are lax in doing their own research and developing their own opinion, most prefer to parrot what others believe. Additionally, many do not have a good grasp of the real meanings of words and use them incorrectly. This is sad in a day with easy access to dictionaries.
The Apostolic faith is well recognized as a cult. irajic.wordpress.com go see for yourself what it is.
Update: the woman Liz is not attending the cult services any more or any other church. She entertains her boyfriends on church nights.
Pastor12

Somerset, KY

#120 Jul 14, 2011
Sorry, the correct link is lrajic.wordpress.com . Thanks
Pastor12

Somerset, KY

#121 Jul 14, 2011
"Wherefore, O harlot, hear the word of the Lord." Ez. 16:35

"And I will judge thee, as women that break wedlock and shed innocent blood are judged; ..." Ez. 16:38
In God's sight there is no difference between adultery and murder.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Pikeville Parent 160,738
Landon Helm 1 hr tony 7
Easy women (May '16) 16 hr Mary Ruth 46
Looking for sites to metal detect for civil war... (Mar '14) Thu william aaron 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Wed Tea Party Patriot 664
Russell County boys basketball Wed Poor Excuse 3
immigration spotted in Russell springs Mar 21 Starwatcher 8

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages