First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dancefriend

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Mar 11, 2012
I was told when I ask if my child started dance if she could take private class that you had to take at least a year and take other classes. Now I find out that a bunch of girls because of who they are of course are taking private and no other classes. Not nice!!
sucks anyway

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Mar 11, 2012
the dance shoppe only focuses on teaching the kids with the last names well know in this county
Dance friend

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Mar 11, 2012
Isn't that called discrimination ? I mean I was willing to pay whatever the cost was for my child to take and I just wanted a teacher and not a student teaching my child. I heard the group that came in for private was taking a class in Adair or somewhere and walked in and got treated like little queens. I know life isn't going to be fair but a business should be careful in pulling a untasteful move like so.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#4 Mar 11, 2012
I'm very sorry you experienced this. If it was my child, I'd be hurt and angry too.

Have you tried to speak to them about this in person? By "them", I mean someone in charge and/or hopefully the owner.
What did they say?
Are they willing to let your daughter in, by chance?
Formerly Norman

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Mar 12, 2012
Have you seen their routines in the Star productions? Trust me your child is missing nothing. They are borderline comedy. The bad thing is that people here think its great. Awful,just Awful!
True

Jamestown, KY

#6 Mar 12, 2012
I wouldn't want my child there with all those snobs. They can't dance but yet keep telling them they are good so they will pay more money. It is just creating a clique. And you are correct that the performances are third rate at best. The dance shoppe rules are not uniformly applied.
info

Tompkinsville, KY

#7 Mar 12, 2012
U do have to take a class to take a private class and its not about ur last name. The kids work hard for the star or another performance. At least they are doing something positive. But sounds like u know everything, so why don't u teach ur own kid to dance and quit bashing people
haha

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Mar 12, 2012
so they are doing something positive by learning that you develop cliques and that you are told you are better than other children and that you are talented when you are not..merely large fish in a small pond..when they get out in the world they will find out what small fish they really are.
info

Tompkinsville, KY

#9 Mar 12, 2012
haha wrote:
so they are doing something positive by learning that you develop cliques and that you are told you are better than other children and that you are talented when you are not..merely large fish in a small pond..when they get out in the world they will find out what small fish they really are.
there are clique everywhere. U are supposed to encourage children not put them down and all children when they get out in the real world will see things different..what's young girls suppose to do with their time? Raise dogs?... Shows hoe adult you are discouraging children boy your a winner
junior league

Russell Springs, KY

#10 Mar 12, 2012
haha wrote:
always like that around here bunch of snotty hicks spending grandpas money
Dancefriend

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Mar 12, 2012
info wrote:
U do have to take a class to take a private class and its not about ur last name. The kids work hard for the star or another performance. At least they are doing something positive. But sounds like u know everything, so why don't u teach ur own kid to dance and quit bashing people
Sorry!!! I know for a fact there is a group of girls taking a private class that left a place in Somerset not Adair and went straight into private. It's not right, needs to have the same rules for all kids. I am not bashing anyone, why do you think I had looked into my child taking private? I have heard the Christmas show was great and again I don't expect to watch the Lexington Ballet perform.
really

Tompkinsville, KY

#12 Mar 12, 2012
Dancefriend wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry!!! I know for a fact there is a group of girls taking a private class that left a place in Somerset not Adair and went straight into private. It's not right, needs to have the same rules for all kids. I am not bashing anyone, why do you think I had looked into my child taking private? I have heard the Christmas show was great and again I don't expect to watch the Lexington Ballet perform.
maybe they left her sister place in Somerset. But u do have to take a group class in order to take a private or semi private class my daughter has been there over 10 years. It's a very good place has to be some kind of misunderstanding. Talk to the owner and none else u should be able to work something out
Dancefriend

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Mar 12, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>maybe they left her sister place in Somerset. But u do have to take a group class in order to take a private or semi private class my daughter has been there over 10 years. It's a very good place has to be some kind of misunderstanding. Talk to the owner and none else u should be able to work something out
Thank you !! You seem to know what's going on I am always willing to assume I am wrong. I would love my daughter to be able to take. This summer I hope.
Russell Citizen

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Mar 12, 2012
Dancefriend wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you !! You seem to know what's going on I am always willing to assume I am wrong. I would love my daughter to be able to take. This summer I hope.
My children went to the Dance Shoppe for YEARS as well, before switching to another studio, in another town. I got sick of paying money so some little teenage, high and mighty, good for nothing could stand and boss my child around. Your child will learn A LOT more, A LOT faster, somewhere else.
inevitable stranger

Russell Springs, KY

#20 Mar 15, 2012
I happen to know many of the girls who work there, and they happen to do a very good job at it. Mrs. Marty is excellent at what she does and is not prejudiced against someone because of their name. Maybe your daughter should just go somewhere else if you aren't satisfied with the place. It is an excellent place to learn dance.
lol

Russell Springs, KY

#21 Mar 17, 2012
Russell Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>My children went to the Dance Shoppe for YEARS as well, before switching to another studio, in another town. I got sick of paying money so some little teenage, high and mighty, good for nothing could stand and boss my child around. Your child will learn A LOT more, A LOT faster, somewhere else.
Omg...do you realize you sound just like one of those fat whales from that toddlers and tiaras show? You are trying to live your life through your child. Get over yourself and I am sorry someone cant teach your daughter how to dance. If you werent able to, because obviously you arent trying to teach them anything yourself, then you should have such high hopes for your offspring.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#22 Mar 17, 2012
Geez. Lot's of pots and kettles meeting up in this thread for the past couple of days, folks.. Please don't let it turn as ugly as the school sports threads eventually get on here. It's all about the KIDS. Try to focus!!
Russell Citizen

Russell Springs, KY

#23 Mar 17, 2012
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Omg...do you realize you sound just like one of those fat whales from that toddlers and tiaras show? You are trying to live your life through your child. Get over yourself and I am sorry someone cant teach your daughter how to dance. If you werent able to, because obviously you arent trying to teach them anything yourself, then you should have such high hopes for your offspring.
OMG....do you realize that you sound just like one of the mothers of the little high and mighty teenagers that made me switch my kids in the first place!!! Trust me, I have no issues with my childrens talent abilities. I simply prefer my children be taught proper techniques by adults, not children!!!
Agree

Jamestown, KY

#24 Mar 17, 2012
Russell Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>OMG....do you realize that you sound just like one of the mothers of the little high and mighty teenagers that made me switch my kids in the first place!!! Trust me, I have no issues with my childrens talent abilities. I simply prefer my children be taught proper techniques by adults, not children!!!
just a bunch of snobs.. And they have no talent. It is painful to watch!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#25 Mar 17, 2012
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>just a bunch of snobs.. And they have no talent. It is painful to watch!
Your think your cool don't you by picking on a bunch of kids! Real grown up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 22 min lol 168,956
Dr Schneider 7 hr Tranny 22
Hannah Anderson 9 hr Jesus loves you 31
Is your uncle your daddy 12 hr redd 4
Tara brown 19 hr Jolly hatchet 1
Female yorkie Thu Yorkie momma 1
Seth Oaks Wed Jamey Johnson 18

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance