**Russell County Welfare Town**
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
NoBody55

Russell Springs, KY

#51 Aug 24, 2012
It is what it is.
Concerned Citizen

Columbia, KY

#53 Aug 27, 2012
As a business manager I do find myself feeling those negative reactions or thoughts. And there are some who odviously are. However, there are people who try, and employment is hard to find around here, which i also know being in a manager roll and hiring roll. I feel for those who try. Yet they tell us "Oh I am going to lose my house and my family if I don't get a job" then you hire them and they tell you I can't work over 20 hours a week or I will lose ????? check! I can understand both ways. Times are hard. But when you just want to suck what you can get. Really????? I work everyday almost, over 40 hours a week. I don't love my job, eventually none of us do. But I commit and perform my tasks to earn a paycheck. I don't make over poverty level. But I survive. And so does my son without WELFARE. Seriously if everyone tried as hard, our government might really be able to focus on SERIOUS ISSUES
7769
U R Undiscovered Genuis

United States

#54 Aug 28, 2012
chex wrote:
<quoted text>Check drawing scammers fleecing the system just moved from 60 month limit state welfare to unlimited Federal social security disabilty .
The state reps want people to keep in place. POOR IGNORANT AND DEPENDING ON GOVERMENT CHECKS which if your too old to work...is not enough to live on! Instead of throwing off on people. Who may or may not be taking advantage of welfare. How many of you can say you wrote congress about putting limits on how long or how many kids any person can draw on. Start using your mind. Slick won't stop. Long as they can lay on their backs and get free money(SOME WILL JUST BED DOWN FOR MORE CHECKS. You working folks WHO VOTE can write your state reps and legislators. Stop making kids whos parents do have to draw. FEEL BAD. I hate that! Push for a better. Stop pushing brick walls. Figure out how to go around it. SENATOR MICTCH McConall State senator Vernie McGaha House rep JEFFERY HOOVER is who you need to complain to. Stop talking bad about poor Publically or behind a screen! You hurt kids. Kids have no choices!
milkman

Russell Springs, KY

#57 Sep 13, 2012
not from here either wrote:
<quoted text>No,you do NOT feel sorry for these ppl or you would NOT be calling them "trash"...unless you have walked a mile in their shoes & know the circumstances that have put them in the position of needing to recieve help,you ought not to judge them and call them names!!I doube that you died on the cross for anyone,or would!!!
no,, i bet they didnt walk in their shoes,,to vote for the same trash that made them that way,an kept jobs from coming hear,,,,,, taxing the people that do try to work out of busniess.just like the school system got so many of there buddies working there they had to raise taxes to pay them,,,all there buddies are on the school insurance policy,,, have you got on it to,,,, they want to kept you poor an stupid an control you ,,,,looks like they are doing a great job of it.so if you got nothing,, want nothing,, dont want your childerns to have nothing,,, so kept electing them an your childerns an grand childerns will never have nothing,,, is that really what you want for them,,,god bless them that say yes
Help KY FINEST

Pineville, KY

#58 Sep 14, 2012
RECC BOARD MEMBERS ARE ALL DISBERSING! How about Russell Counties board on getting companies to settle here. Than less go after the laziest ones...who get paid well to represent the people...YET THINK KY WORKERS ARE NOT WORTH TAKING CARE OF HEALTH INSURANCE WISE...YET OUR OH SO SMOOTH MACHINE IN FRANKFORT.(Choking laughing and crying).GETS FULL INSURANCE ALL EXPENSES AND ALL THEIR FAMILY AND WORKERS COVERED BY KY WORKERS! Get a clue folks...THINK RESEARCH BEFORE YOU PULL A LEVER! Your family depends on you!
Help KY FINEST

Pineville, KY

#59 Sep 14, 2012
Yeah, asking most of you to think, for yourself or family...is a bit nutz!
George Bush

Russell Springs, KY

#60 Sep 19, 2012
Majority of Russell County is republican and on welfare. White trash.
ICE1

Russell Springs, KY

#61 Sep 22, 2012
im a republican and glad of it,thanks to the Obama party(democrats)the u.s.is now holding a 25% unemployment rate and yes most states are now on higher welfare level-food stamp's- i agree ppl. need to research fact's before posting crap on topix. Don't worry about the mayan calendar OBAMAGEDDEN begains nov.7 2012 if reElected.
believe

Russell Springs, KY

#62 Sep 22, 2012
family tradition wrote:
welfare was designed to help working people in time of need.never ment to be a way of life.How can a man really be a MAN if he dont have a desire to work and provide for his family?It took hard work to build this country,wars to keep it.And few lazy people to compromise the whole thing.
You are right on .Everyone is tired of these dead beats draining our country .Its about pride & they have none ,listen Ive had back problems for 10yrs & Im going to work till I cant. Because Im honest & dont want a handout ,just like everyone else that are productive people .Get off your asses you sponges ,We know who you are .
King Scooter

Russell Springs, KY

#63 Sep 23, 2012
ICE1 wrote:
im a republican and glad of it,thanks to the Obama party(democrats)the u.s.is now holding a 25% unemployment rate and yes most states are now on higher welfare level-food stamp's- i agree ppl. need to research fact's before posting crap on topix. Don't worry about the mayan calendar OBAMAGEDDEN begains nov.7 2012 if reElected.
I hate to tell you but Obama walked into this mess that the "Great" George Bush created. Everything Obama has tried to do to fix it has been blocked by ignorant prejudiced republicans to try and make him look bad because republicans don't like the color of his skin.
Enigma

Lexington, KY

#64 Sep 23, 2012
I take great offense at your assumption that "republicans don't like the color of his skin"! How do you think he got elected ? Certainly NOT without many republican's voting him in. Your prejudice is even worse than the prejudice you accuse Republican's of.
Also, republicans do not have a need to make "him look bad".... He does a fine job of that himself. Him & the rest of his cronies.
Are you forgetting how Obama democrats had control of congress for so long? I guess you are.
Here's another thought, Bush dealt with a war and still didn't spend like your current leader has.
I'm not a republican but know several of them as well as democrats. And of the two, the one I find most prejudiced in ALL things is the democrat.
Enigma

Lexington, KY

#65 Sep 23, 2012
George Bush wrote:
Majority of Russell County is republican and on welfare. White trash.
. First of all, I do not think just because someone receives some type of welfare that it makes them trash. Some people legitimately need and deserve help. That's not to say I'm not aware of the problems with people bilking the system. I actually think we should help anyone who "needs" our help. But I also think those who are just lazy or do not want to do their part (even though they could) should be removed from all the hand outs. We definitely need a better system.

Most of the time I hear people complaining of how republicans are a wealthy bunch of people. Now you say they're the poorest. Hmmm, that's interesting.
King Scooter

Russell Springs, KY

#66 Sep 25, 2012
Enigma wrote:
I take great offense at your assumption that "republicans don't like the color of his skin"! How do you think he got elected ? Certainly NOT without many republican's voting him in. Your prejudice is even worse than the prejudice you accuse Republican's of.
Also, republicans do not have a need to make "him look bad".... He does a fine job of that himself. Him & the rest of his cronies.
Are you forgetting how Obama democrats had control of congress for so long? I guess you are.
Here's another thought, Bush dealt with a war and still didn't spend like your current leader has.
I'm not a republican but know several of them as well as democrats. And of the two, the one I find most prejudiced in ALL things is the democrat.
I was speaking of elected officials, many of them were caught saying derogatory things about Obama for obvious reasons. Can't deny recordings. They also said that they were going to make sure he was "a one time president". To clarify, not ALL republicans are prejudiced, just a majority of them. Our congress has successfully blocked him on just about everything he has tried to do unless one of their "pork barrel" funds was included in a bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Duh 166,364
Drug store robbery (Dec '16) 10 hr horsey 8
News Russell County Woman Still Searching for Answer... (Apr '10) 17 hr Worried Grammie 42
Mandy Lipperd pregnant by Tony Brummett 19 hr Loafer 12
Sundowner Thu make russell co g... 18
Lack Of Sunday Alcohol Sales Ignorant Stupidity Thu concerned 24
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Aug 16 MAGA 1,035

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages