needing info

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Jan 2, 2008
how do you find out who posted a message here
Stuntman Mike

Glasgow, KY

#2 Jan 2, 2008
you dont.
ip_whiz

United States

#3 Jan 2, 2008
You have to get a subpeona and there is still no guarantee!
Lil johnson

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Jan 2, 2008
ip_whiz wrote:
You have to get a subpeona and there is still no guarantee!
How do lawyers masterbate?

They play with their subpoenas!
Eric

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Jan 2, 2008
thats a lie, they know they can find the IP Addresses even if you dont register, they tell you that hopeing you will believe it so they dont waste their time looking up someones IP Addresses first off they would need to get the website itself to give up the info about IPs who are at question, then the rest. its pure lazy on their part..... all this information including our IPs are 100% always stored on Hard Drives in some Server in God knows where...
tech

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Jan 3, 2008
needing info wrote:
how do you find out who posted a message here
Open the post you want to trace Then minimize topix.
Go to start > run > type in 'cmd' at the command prompt type IPCONFIG/ALL > then type 'arp -a'. This will give you a list of IP addresses. Take the list and the IPCONFIG/All information to your ISP. Tell them you want a point to point trace done on your ARP table. They will gladly give you the address the post came from. This is not well known to the common folk but well know to the IT personnel around the world. That is how the computer forensic guys do it. If duo-county refuses or acts like they don't know what you are talking about tell them it is your right according to the Computer Misuse Act of 1990.
needing info

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Jan 3, 2008
thank you everyone for your comments
little sister

Russell Springs, KY

#10 Jan 3, 2008
tech wrote:
<quoted text>
Open the post you want to trace Then minimize topix.
Go to start > run > type in 'cmd' at the command prompt type IPCONFIG/ALL > then type 'arp -a'. This will give you a list of IP addresses. Take the list and the IPCONFIG/All information to your ISP. Tell them you want a point to point trace done on your ARP table. They will gladly give you the address the post came from. This is not well known to the common folk but well know to the IT personnel around the world. That is how the computer forensic guys do it. If duo-county refuses or acts like they don't know what you are talking about tell them it is your right according to the Computer Misuse Act of 1990.
Or you could just make friends with a hacker.
Big Toe

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Jan 3, 2008
tech wrote:
<quoted text>
Open the post you want to trace Then minimize topix.
Go to start > run > type in 'cmd' at the command prompt type IPCONFIG/ALL > then type 'arp -a'. This will give you a list of IP addresses. Take the list and the IPCONFIG/All information to your ISP. Tell them you want a point to point trace done on your ARP table. They will gladly give you the address the post came from. This is not well known to the common folk but well know to the IT personnel around the world. That is how the computer forensic guys do it. If duo-county refuses or acts like they don't know what you are talking about tell them it is your right according to the Computer Misuse Act of 1990.
You are sooooooooo full of crap. LOL I hope no one takes you seriously. I bet you were laughing your butt off after you pushed Post Comment.
old grouch

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Jan 3, 2008
Hmm Lets see traveling through Russell Springs today with a WiFi scanner and found 8 open internet hot spots. Access topix from one of them and its not your IP address. People who don't wanna be caught won't be. Its sad though that people don't know their network is not secure.
lake fan1998

Russell Springs, KY

#16 Jan 4, 2008
Check this link if you think your IP is secret. It is assigned to a computer not to the internet connection. Every computer has its very own IP addy. the link is
http://whatismyipaddress.com/
Really

Jamestown, KY

#17 Jan 4, 2008
I don't think everyone wants to rat as much as they want to know who is talking about them. If someone posts something online about someone they should be man or woman enough to post with their name if they are going to post someone else's.
odd

Jamestown, KY

#18 Jan 4, 2008
old grouch wrote:
Hmm Lets see traveling through Russell Springs today with a WiFi scanner and found 8 open internet hot spots. Access topix from one of them and its not your IP address. People who don't wanna be caught won't be. Its sad though that people don't know their network is not secure.
hmm, last time i tried i picked up about 80 total and close to half of them were wide open.
odd

Jamestown, KY

#19 Jan 4, 2008
lake fan1998 wrote:
Check this link if you think your IP is secret. It is assigned to a computer not to the internet connection. Every computer has its very own IP addy. the link is
http://whatismyipaddress.com/
you're not as smart as you think you are, but you are partially right, every computer that connects to the internet does have an ip address, but usually the ip address of the computer isn't seen from the internet because it is behind a NAT router/firewall and its in the private ip range of 192.168.x.x or sometimes 10.x.x.x The IP address that is used to track you IS the one assigned to your internet connection which is your public ip address which is visible from the internet. and the only people that "think their IP address is a secret" are idiots.
oversees

Pineville, KY

#20 Jan 4, 2008
tech wrote:
<quoted text>
tell them it is your right according to the Computer Misuse Act of 1990.
That might work in London.
Curious

Russell Springs, KY

#22 Jan 4, 2008
odd wrote:
<quoted text>
you're not as smart as you think you are, but you are partially right, every computer that connects to the internet does have an ip address, but usually the ip address of the computer isn't seen from the internet because it is behind a NAT router/firewall and its in the private ip range of 192.168.x.x or sometimes 10.x.x.x The IP address that is used to track you IS the one assigned to your internet connection which is your public ip address which is visible from the internet. and the only people that "think their IP address is a secret" are idiots.
Assuming you are able to get someone's IP address, how do you find out who it belongs to? I mean it's just a string of numbers. How do you come up with the person's name or physical address from that?
odd

Jamestown, KY

#23 Jan 5, 2008
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Assuming you are able to get someone's IP address, how do you find out who it belongs to? I mean it's just a string of numbers. How do you come up with the person's name or physical address from that?
if you have the ip you can use something like whois.net to find out who their isp is, then you get some lawyers and spend a bunch of money trying to get info from their isp. thats the legal way anyway..........
Muffin

Boston, MA

#25 Jan 6, 2008
Have a decent conversation and enjoy.Take that crap somewhere else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Strel 158,060
Angie Foley 10 hr Ligman 1
Sundowner (Nov '09) 14 hr old skool 40
A Womans place is in the KITCHEN! (Apr '12) 15 hr looking 78
Chasity humes weddel 16 hr In need 4
looking for older men to have fun with 17 hr In need 6
Lawyer Thu Dick Dribbler 3
How did Andys wife die? (Jan '08) Jan 6 Dave Hughes 56

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages