i hate people who dont tip!!!

Posted in the Russell Springs Forum

First Prev
of 13
Next Last
RAIN BOW

Glasgow, KY

#1 Feb 7, 2008
I THINK THAT IF YOU GO OUT TO EAT AND HAVE MONEY TO GO OUT TO EAT THEN YOU SHOULD TIP! HELLO SOME OF US LIVE OFF OF OUR TIPS WE DONT MAKE BUT 3.00 A HOUR!! ITS FUNNY I WAITE ON SO MANY RICH PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN , BUT YET THERE TO CHEEP TO TIP IT MAKES YOU THINK MAYBE THEY DONT HAVE SO MUCH MONEY !! SO HERES A BIG HELL YA TO ALL THE HARD WORKING WAITRESS THAT PUT UP WITH THE MESSES, AND THE NON TIPPERS!!! AND THANKS TO THE ONES THAT DO TIP!! WE ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!
LOVE YA

Glasgow, KY

#2 Feb 7, 2008
HELL YAA!! im a waiterss and i so know what your talking about , i cant stand a non tipper either i have kids to take care of and i also live off my tips ,
BrandyNicole

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Feb 7, 2008
i know what you mean i used to be a waitress and i lived off my tips and made really good money but i couldnt stand the people that you know have money and they still dont tip its pretty sorry
yah

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Feb 7, 2008
Yeah I'm a waitress to but I usually get pretty decent tips. Unless I like really mess up. But still I can bring home like $70 for 3 hours and then that still wont pay the bills some days you can work 10 hours and get 5 bucks you really never can tell. You all know of any decent part time jobs lol?
Seen Them All

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Feb 7, 2008
Worst ones are the big church-goers on Sundays. I guess they feel since they fill those collection plates that somehow gives them a free pass for the servers at the restaurants.
NANCY

United States

#6 Feb 7, 2008
I'M WITH YOU THERE I WORK AT A HOTEL SOME PEOPLE COME IN THERE AND STAY A WEEK ,LEAVE OUT WITHOUT LEAVING A DIME...THEY WANT THIS AND THAT THE WHOLE TIME THEY ARE THERE....EVERYONE SHOULD TIP AT LEAST 2.00 A NIGHT .....AND THATS CHEAP....
NANCY

United States

#7 Feb 7, 2008
RAIN BOW wrote:
I THINK THAT IF YOU GO OUT TO EAT AND HAVE MONEY TO GO OUT TO EAT THEN YOU SHOULD TIP! HELLO SOME OF US LIVE OFF OF OUR TIPS WE DONT MAKE BUT 3.00 A HOUR!! ITS FUNNY I WAITE ON SO MANY RICH PEOPLE IN THIS TOWN , BUT YET THERE TO CHEEP TO TIP IT MAKES YOU THINK MAYBE THEY DONT HAVE SO MUCH MONEY !! SO HERES A BIG HELL YA TO ALL THE HARD WORKING WAITRESS THAT PUT UP WITH THE MESSES, AND THE NON TIPPERS!!! AND THANKS TO THE ONES THAT DO TIP!! WE ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!
I WAS AT HOMETOWN BUFFET THE OTHER DAY AND THEY WERE A TABLE OF 6,2 OF THEM KIDS,THE WAITRESS WAITED ON THEM HAND AND FOOT AND THEY GOT UP AND LEFT AND DIDNT LEAVE A DIME..I THOUGHT THAT WAS PRETTY SORRY.....IT SHOULD BE A POLICY TO TIP .........GOOD LUCK EVERYONE
rise up

Hodgenville, KY

#8 Feb 7, 2008
Why don't you say something about your employers who get away with not paying you and then expect the customer who's already paying too much for the food to also pay for the service. Why not get mad at the restaurant owners? Don't see anyone complaining about them. And yeah, maybe people don't have that much money as the first person said. By the time they pay for the food, maybe a lot of people don't have anything left over. Should a waiter or waitress who doesn't do a good job get a good tip. I've seen plenty who expect a tip no matter what. I work just as hard as anyone at my job and nobody gives me tips. You should be mad at your employers who are exploiting you, not the customers.
canadian cutie

Rosetown, Canada

#11 Feb 7, 2008
Agree with you 100%, rise up. The customer is already paying for his meal and the service. If you have a beef, it should be with your employer.

I always tip - IF THE SERVICE IS GOOD. The better the service, the better the tip.

Maybe these servers should spend less time complaining about the customer and more time on figuring out what they're doing wrong.
prophet-profit

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Feb 7, 2008
i'll tip, and sometimes i will not tip, the amount of my tip, and weather or not i tip is based entirely on you, the waitress, and them, the cooks, if the food is good and the service is not, the chef gets a tip, and the waitress gets a dollar, if the service is good and the food is shitty, then there is only a waitress tip, and if it sucks all around, i'll pay my bill and dump my plate on the table so you earn your 3.00 an hour, you know what the job pays when you take it, so suck it up , be a good waitress, and appreciate your tips. (get a better education and a better job if you feel the need to bitch about it, the economy is in ruins, and we all feel it)
Norma Rae

Middle River, MD

#13 Feb 7, 2008
People who fail to tip their restaurant server are cheap, stingy bastards. If you are so dang POOR that you can't afford to tip your waitress/waiter, go to Mickey-D's where tipping is not required! Better yet, stay home and ask your momma to make you some mac and cheese.

I bet you cheap-ass bastards never thank your mommas, either, right? After all, she's just doing her job..... shouldn't have to thank her for that!

Tip your server 20% or stay home!

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Feb 7, 2008
prophet-profit wrote:
i'll tip, and sometimes i will not tip, the amount of my tip, and weather or not i tip is based entirely on you, the waitress, and them, the cooks, if the food is good and the service is not, the chef gets a tip, and the waitress gets a dollar, if the service is good and the food is shitty, then there is only a waitress tip, and if it sucks all around, i'll pay my bill and dump my plate on the table so you earn your 3.00 an hour, you know what the job pays when you take it, so suck it up , be a good waitress, and appreciate your tips.(get a better education and a better job if you feel the need to bitch about it, the economy is in ruins, and we all feel it)
You my friend are the customer from hell...stay home,do us all a favor..
rise up

Hodgenville, KY

#16 Feb 7, 2008
Norma Rae wrote:
People who fail to tip their restaurant server are cheap, stingy bastards. If you are so dang POOR that you can't afford to tip your waitress/waiter, go to Mickey-D's where tipping is not required! Better yet, stay home and ask your momma to make you some mac and cheese.
I bet you cheap-ass bastards never thank your mommas, either, right? After all, she's just doing her job..... shouldn't have to thank her for that!
Tip your server 20% or stay home!
I'm not saying I don't tip, I do. Dut you don't think the employers have any obligation to pay their employees better? Should it be up to the the customer to pay what they won't? What if every business worked that way? What about waiters and waitresses who don't do a good job? Do we still have to give them, how much, 20 percent? But if the economy keeps going the way it is you'll get your wish, people will have to move back home and eat mac and cheese made by their mommas. Hopefully they'll thank her.
Know

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Feb 7, 2008
I have a friend who is a server at a popular RS place and she tells me who all the dead beat tippers are and you would really be surprised at who they are. She says those same dead beat tippers always come in there and demand the most service because of "who they think they are" and hardly tip . What a joke.
wrong

Leitchfield, KY

#19 Feb 7, 2008
It is wrong for restaurants to pay below minimum wage to employees and to expect us the customers to pay their wages. I AM a tipper and I do because I feel it is an obligation but the amount I tip is according to the service. HOW do employers get by with paying two dollars an hour to employees when any other business has to pay employees min. wages? We need to write our politicians to see if this can be changed.
Fed Up

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Feb 7, 2008
Most of the cheap scummy restaurants dont even have to pay minimum wage.I know of one who takes the tips and pays the balance to make their pay.
A good reason not to tip let the owners pay it all.
lise

Herndon, VA

#21 Feb 7, 2008
When we go out our expetation is to start out leaving a 20% tip. The things we expect are to be greeted right away and not left waiting for someone to come to our table. For our water glasses to be filled when over half gone if that does not happen we tip 15%. If there is a problem in the kitchen no problem as long as we are made aware of the situation and there is an apology for the delay. It is not the servers fault what happens in the kitchen but it is that servers responsiblility to speak with the customer about the situation promptly. Tell us if your new no problem either. That being said we usually leave 20% most servers do good jobs only one time in the last 17 years did We leave one penny it was to make a point and it was what the what they truly deserved. If you eat out tip your servers well they work their buts off.
ha ha

Russell Springs, KY

#22 Feb 7, 2008
I was a waitress years ago and did really well. Smile that pretty smile at them and give them lots of attention and get theit food out fast and keep the coffee warm . For the most part many will tip. They tipped me very good.Now I have a husband and kids and they never tip. Well maybe my husband does. Hugs and kisses from them though.
Richard

Glasgow, KY

#24 Feb 7, 2008
i used to work at the jamestown marina,and i read in the employee handbook that if a customer gives you a tip for good service you were to turn the money in at the office and they would take the amount of the tip off your paycheck,isnt that one of the most sorry policies you ever heard or what.
patron

Russell Springs, KY

#25 Feb 7, 2008
If I go to a place and the service is good from the beginning to the end, there will be a tip. Usually $2-5. The way I look at it is this, I make a little above minimum wage at my job, and work very hard. If a server/waitress waited on just 5 tables in an hour and everyone left just a $2.00, that would be almost double what I make. Years ago, I waitressed, I know what a hard job it is, however you have to be friendly to your customers, and give them something to be "appreciative" enough of ...(service) that they WANT to leave a tip. Some people just wont tip at all no matter the service. That is just the way some people are. The food being bad shouldnt reflect in the tip, unless the server/waitress didn't refer your compaint about the bad food to the manager. The manager should make your bad meal "right" in some way eiter by offering a discount or something. If the server is friendly, gives you good service, then they should be tipped. I do agree that owners/management should keep a close eye to make sure that their employees are at least making enough tips for minimum wage and should make up any difference if they are not. And by the way..... to all the "loafers and coffee drinkers" waitresses clean up after you all too!!! Tip!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State dock 10 min Lakelife 1
who is Dana Bell dating 20 min Big D 26
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr ARF ARF 170,074
Our Beloved Hoover 7 hr JDaniel 155
What happened to Shana Mann? 21 hr True 3
Rats 21 hr People are special 5
PremierTox owners convicted. Why no word on sen... Nov 21 Aletheia 29

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages