Posted in the Russell Springs Forum
Has this ever been on our local news??? Or in papers??
G. George Bertram, a Russell Springs attorney who represents Tantus,?????????
I think he (G.Bertram) is from Wayne Co. originally.
I hear G Bertram's office is in the Tantus building and is a very old crony of BC
Maybe if you looked at the paper. The article was reprinted in the Russell Register.
KBA v Bertram, 2006-SC-000044-KB - To Be Published -- Opinion and Order -- PDF
This matter comes before the Court on an application for reinstatement filed by G . George Bertram. Mr. Bertram was admitted to the practice of law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky on October 22, 1985 . His KBA member number is 81224, and his bar roster address is P .O. Box 1671, Monticello, Kentucky 42633 .. Mr. Bertram was suspended for non-compliance with continuing legal education requirements on December 18, 2001 . On March 14, 2002, he was temporarily suspended from the practice of law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky due to his conviction of drug-related crimes in the Russell Circuit Court.
you can stop Wondeing now, here is the part you deleted from the article you posted:
On January 12, 2006, Mr. Bertram applied for reinstatement of his license to practice law. A hearing was held on August 30, 2006, before the Character and Fitness Committee. The Character and Fitness Committee filed its findings of fact, conclusions of law, and recommendation on September 8, 2006. The Committee found as follows:
1) G. George Bertram served the suspension period ordered by the Kentucky Supreme Court and has not practiced law since the date of his suspension order. He has complied with every term of the order of suspension.
2) Mr. Bertram's conduct during the suspension has been above reproach.
3) Individuals who were interviewed by the Committee's investigators, including members of the KBA, and individuals in the business community of Monticello, Kentucky, as well as former clients and friends of Mr. Bertram, praised Mr. Bertram's intellect and legal skills.[*4] Based on the evidence reviewed and summarized, the Committee found Mr. Bertram proved by clear and convincing evidence that he is worthy of the trust and confidence of the public.
4) Mr. Bertram, having complied with the KBA's continuing legal education requirements, and having been praised by various members of the KBA for his intellect and legal skills, possesses sufficient professional capabilities to serve the public as a lawyer.
5) Based on the evidence reviewed and summarized above, the Committee found that Mr. Bertram presented clear and convincing evidence that he presently exhibits good moral character.
6) Mr. Bertram presented clear and convincing evidence that he appreciates the wrongfulness of his prior misconduct and that he manifests contrition for the misconduct.
The Committee recommended that the application of G. George Bertram for reinstatement be approved for a two (2) year conditional admission, conditioned on his continued participation in KYLAP, under [*5] the terms of the supervision agreement he executed on August 18, 2006.
He was once considered too far gone to be helped but is now alcohol and drug free for over 9 years and helping others to gain freedom from drug addiction.
Once gain, the facts trip up Satan's workers. Expect the Father of Lies to be very upset by this wonderful turn of events!
Why do you care about this man, his past, his involvement with Tantus, or with BC? I'm sure he, nor Tantus, nor BC has ever done a thing to you! If you took the time to get to know George you would find what a great guy he is. Everyone has a past. Everyone makes mistakes. Don't be so damn judgemental of others! Worry about the skeletons in your own closest...
Tell me when this thread is updated:
|Debate: Gay Marriage - Russell Springs, KY (Jul '10)||3 min||Peace-Love-Happiness||27,574|
|Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10)||39 min||Wings of a Dove||99,990|
|KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10)||47 min||LQQKb4UleapOK||89,962|
|KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10)||48 min||NobamaWhacker||24,088|
|KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10)||58 min||fidlede||15,082|
|if county goes wet what resturants will sell beer?||1 hr||Time||5|
|KY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Kentucky ... (Oct '10)||3 hr||james green||35,594|
|Tony Kerr DUI Court Date Monday||3 hr||Been There||47|
|Jamestown Preachers Freaking Out||10 hr||thirsty||3|