First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Kris

Cincinnati, OH

#85 Jan 3, 2008
I have been working for krogers for about five months now and I will have to say that it is one of the worst companies I have worked for. Luckily I have found another job and start monday. The managers at kroger pay no attention to what the employees do, and they give no recognition to those that work hard. I can understand why people don't want to shop there, because the younger kids that work there have no idea what good work ethic is and are rude to the customers. Kroger should take more time to hire and train people correctly so that they will care about their jobs.

“JOANNIE CUNNINGHAM DETRACTOR”

Since: Jun 07

Russell Springs

#86 Jan 5, 2008
Kris wrote:
I have been working for krogers for about five months now and I will have to say that it is one of the worst companies I have worked for. Luckily I have found another job and start monday. The managers at kroger pay no attention to what the employees do, and they give no recognition to those that work hard. I can understand why people don't want to shop there, because the younger kids that work there have no idea what good work ethic is and are rude to the customers. Kroger should take more time to hire and train people correctly so that they will care about their jobs.
i promise you that working for any of these mega-corporations that pay nothing are hell to work for.

notice that jamestown was voted best place to live in kentucky and #18 nationwide? notice they have no megacorp retailers?

if we got back to a local economy as much as possible we'd be better off. i don't know about you all but i can't afford to buy a damn bell pepper. this year i'm definately canning tomatos and beans... and freezing beans and peppers... and growing super hot peppers for my own special hot sauce recipe.
Might know

Russell Springs, KY

#87 Jan 5, 2008
Kris wrote:
Whenever I have shopped there the employees have always been friendly and helpful. As for no one wanting to shop there, they are certainly busy. Busiest store in town from what I can see. Sounds to m like you have a mouthfull of sour grapes.
Barney Kroger

Russell Springs, KY

#88 Jan 5, 2008
grokagain wrote:
<quoted text>
i promise you that working for any of these mega-corporations that pay nothing are hell to work for.
notice that jamestown was voted best place to live in kentucky and #18 nationwide? notice they have no megacorp retailers?
if we got back to a local economy as much as possible we'd be better off. i don't know about you all but i can't afford to buy a damn bell pepper. this year i'm definately canning tomatos and beans... and freezing beans and peppers... and growing super hot peppers for my own special hot sauce recipe.
Good news dip sh!t bell peppers are on sale this week! And good luck with your plans on destroying capitalism, keep us posted on how that goes.
Assy McGee

Russell Springs, KY

#89 Jan 5, 2008
grokagain wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people do not want to put in the sweat and time it takes to grow their own produce. I love fresh garden vegetables from the back yard myself. The home grown tomatoes make the best salsa too.
Baby

Dayton, OH

#90 Jan 17, 2008
I'm applying for a job at kroger's this year

Russell Springs

#91 Jan 19, 2008
Barney Kroger wrote:
<quoted text>
Good news dip sh!t bell peppers are on sale this week! And good luck with your plans on destroying capitalism, keep us posted on how that goes.
damn, i missed the sale.

Russell Springs

#92 Jan 19, 2008
Assy McGee wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people do not want to put in the sweat and time it takes to grow their own produce. I love fresh garden vegetables from the back yard myself. The home grown tomatoes make the best salsa too.
they might have a better yield if they didn't put their sweat into it. mmmmmm can't wait 'til spring for my tomato, bean and hot pepper garden.
blah

Jamestown, KY

#93 Jan 21, 2008
i used to work for kroger for a couple of years.. mr. smith's good to look at, but that's about as deep as it goes. he's arrogant and gets off on flirting with little high schoolers, no matter what they look they look like. he's a pussy.
the union isn't worth the dues either.
Go Krogering

London, KY

#94 Mar 10, 2008
I used to work as a vendor for Kroger, since before the store opened in Russell Springs in 1989. I liked the Kroger Co. so much I went to work from them. I believe people just like to complain no matter what. Kroger is an excellent company to work for with ways that people can actually move up if they want to. Those that complain about wages and such are the people who want a "job" that pays them what a "career" is more suited for. It's no different than working in fast food or other jobs. If you want a career, go to school, move up and/or move on.
Be it a department head, manager or whatever position someone has moved up to, most have bagged groceries or stocked or something before getting to where they are now. No one is just going to hand you what you "think" you deserve, you have to earn it. Grow up.

Russell Springs

#95 Mar 18, 2008
grokagain wrote:
<quoted text>
just wanted to respond to my post. i've been predicting double digit inflation this year... and we'll get it. hell, it might get so bad the government won't be able to under report it so they can keep their social security increase down.

anyone else HAVE to grow a garden this year?
Rebel

Sumner, WA

#96 Jun 22, 2008
Kroger settles discrimination suit for $16 Million last week 6/18/2008. Food for thought, give you guys something else to blast away at....
The Saint

Russell Springs, KY

#97 Jun 22, 2008
Rebel wrote:
Kroger settles discrimination suit for $16 Million last week 6/18/2008. Food for thought, give you guys something else to blast away at....
Who was being discriminated against?
just so you know

Jamestown, KY

#98 Sep 10, 2008
I agree 150%...he is a real dick head...
Anon

Mount Vernon, IL

#99 Jun 12, 2009
To those who say the personality inventory checks moral values, bullshit, all these questions do is make it easier for the fucking managers to weed out those who ARE INDEPENDENT THINKERS, WHO DO NOT KISS ASS AND CAN ACTUALLY THINK ON THEIR OWN!!!!!!!!!, while those who kiss ass and take it up the ass are hired. Kroger can kiss my ass, damn manager said to me on my followup, "I decided not to hire", well sir I want to know based on what?, that I don't kiss ass and can't be controlled because I actually think for myself.

To who ever said, it also checks to see if a person is mentally unstable, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!, no test can truly show if a person will go postal or not, take for example, law enforcement officers who are allowed to join the department, who go on to molest a child or commit even worse acts, and don't sit there and say, oh the department should of had some test to check his or her propensity for violence, meanwhile the psychological exam is just that a big steaming pile of crap, that DOES NOT TRULY TELL YOU if a person has the propensity for violence, the exam can be easily beaten, thus allowing those who have no business in law enforcement the right to be an officer.
Sorry

Russell Springs, KY

#100 Jun 12, 2009
Anon wrote:
To those who say the personality inventory checks moral values, bullshit, all these questions do is make it easier for the fucking managers to weed out those who ARE INDEPENDENT THINKERS, WHO DO NOT KISS ASS AND CAN ACTUALLY THINK ON THEIR OWN!!!!!!!!!, while those who kiss ass and take it up the ass are hired. Kroger can kiss my ass, damn manager said to me on my followup, "I decided not to hire", well sir I want to know based on what?, that I don't kiss ass and can't be controlled because I actually think for myself.
To who ever said, it also checks to see if a person is mentally unstable, GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!, no test can truly show if a person will go postal or not, take for example, law enforcement officers who are allowed to join the department, who go on to molest a child or commit even worse acts, and don't sit there and say, oh the department should of had some test to check his or her propensity for violence, meanwhile the psychological exam is just that a big steaming pile of crap, that DOES NOT TRULY TELL YOU if a person has the propensity for violence, the exam can be easily beaten, thus allowing those who have no business in law enforcement the right to be an officer.
they want to avoid the problem of psycho deli workers mixing Xanax and Miller Lite on their lunch breaks
aaaaaaaaa

Maryville, TN

#101 Sep 17, 2010
ive worked at krogers for a year. the managers are stupid hillbills i work my ass and get bitched at. will the slack ass can do what ever the they what. the only good manager we have two good managers. i can have one bad day there if i do the next day they get in your ass about it.
security

Russell Springs, KY

#102 Sep 19, 2010
I work as security guard for
guardsmark, they have locations all over the U.S. They required a 39 page application and 5 notorized signatures stateing "To the best of thier knowledge I had not been institutionalized for mental problems or for a crime". Kroger falls short of this but still has stiff hireing policies.
weee

Jamestown, KY

#103 Sep 19, 2010
why wrote:
WHEH DID THEY GET BAGGERS AT KROGER.LAST FEW TIMES I WAS IN THERE I HAD TO BAG AND CARRY THEM OUT MYSELF.
yeah your right. I'm a single mother with two small kids. I make them help me out with my groceries. I figure as much money as I spend there, that"s the least they can do!
Shopper

Campbellsville, KY

#104 Sep 19, 2010
I myself am disabled and I can saw that most of the time I have to bag my own groceries and takebthem to my truck without any help from the kids that are standing in my way talking. Why do we have to put up with the disrespect that the place dishes out? They should be thankful of our money we are spending there and be willing to provide any service that we require without us having to request it. And for the ones that will suggest it, I pay with cash and not food stamps.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest unit 2 hr Sex Ed 1
Adult Beverages and Kids 3 hr lawn jockey 1
Debate: Marijuana - Russell Springs, KY (Aug '10) 5 hr lawn jockey 167
Debate: Gay Marriage - Russell Springs, KY (Jul '10) 9 hr USA 36,586
Whitley Copley Investigation 10 hr Jonesy 140
Chris St.Clair Thu Curious 1
Lookin fer a homely friend Wed lawn jockey 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages