First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Alicia Silverstone

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Sep 28, 2007
What is the deal with applying for a bagger at Krogers? there are so many personal questions. there is actually a 33 page psychological survey (test?) this is insanity. here are some of the questions.

do you take yourself seriously?
i love to be around people?
when you need to, you take it easy at work?
you would rather not get involved in other peoples problems?
there are some people you really can't stand.
people do a lot of things that really make you angry?
it bothers you when someone is unfair to you?
i like to be in the middle of a large crowd?
you agree with people more than you argue?
you swear when you argue?

anyway, 33 pages. go fill it out to see what an afront to a persons privacy and dignity. plus you get the added benefit of screwing with there stupid process as it will take any answer for the personal information. i guess if you aren't a perfect "worker bee" you can't have a job.

it's outrageous. and i know, i know, there will be some of you out there who will take the standard subservient line of "well don't fill it out. or don't work there"... if you don't see the pattern people, we are all in trouble.

boycott kroger?
Alicia Silverstone

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Sep 28, 2007
more questions;

people who talk all the time are annoying?
there's no use in having close friends; they only let you down.
it bothers you when you have to obey a lot of rules?
you have no big worries?
you work best at a slow but steady speed?
you love to listen to people talk about themselves.

i'm contacting the aclu to see if this kind of crap is legal.
Crazy Daisy

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Sep 28, 2007
That is so silly. Maybe they think they can detect if someone's not stable before they hire them. Who knows.
Alicia Silverstone

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Sep 28, 2007
more questions:

many people cannot be trusted.
you do some things that upset people.
you have no big regrets about your past.
your stuff is often kind of messy.
you'd rather not compete very much.
you do not fake being polite.
you have always had good behavior in school and work.
you don't care if you offend people.
you are not interested in your friend's problems.
you always try not to hurt people's feelings.
your family and friends approve of the things you do.
people do a lot of annoying things.

good thing i'm not trying to get a job there. somehow i don't "conform" enough probably. god forbid an individual human being would have individual characteristics and AHHHHHGGGGG they may not all be considered "desirable" ... the horror!!! the horror!!!
Alicia Silverstone

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Sep 28, 2007

“JOANNIE CUNNINGHAM DETRACTOR”

Since: Jun 07

Russell Springs

#7 Sep 28, 2007
that is ridiculous. what are we trying to become? a complete colony of ants? i'm reading Aldous Huxleys follow up to Brave New World. it's a nonfiction titled Brave New World Revisited. It is really describing what's going on in our country (and the world actually).
Paula Poundstone

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Sep 28, 2007
What do you think that Kroger card is about , it profiles you and puts you on their Cincinnati headquarters database so they know everything about your personal spending pattern down to what kind of paper you wipe your ass with.
think about it

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Sep 28, 2007
Alicia Silverstone wrote:
What is the deal with applying for a bagger at Krogers? there are so many personal questions. there is actually a 33 page psychological survey (test?) this is insanity. here are some of the questions.
do you take yourself seriously?
i love to be around people?
when you need to, you take it easy at work?
you would rather not get involved in other peoples problems?
there are some people you really can't stand.
people do a lot of things that really make you angry?
it bothers you when someone is unfair to you?
i like to be in the middle of a large crowd?
you agree with people more than you argue?
you swear when you argue?
anyway, 33 pages. go fill it out to see what an afront to a persons privacy and dignity. plus you get the added benefit of screwing with there stupid process as it will take any answer for the personal information. i guess if you aren't a perfect "worker bee" you can't have a job.
it's outrageous. and i know, i know, there will be some of you out there who will take the standard subservient line of "well don't fill it out. or don't work there"... if you don't see the pattern people, we are all in trouble.
boycott kroger?
it's called...checking your moral values.
lillyx

North Las Vegas, NV

#10 Sep 28, 2007
My daughter works for them and has for many years. It has been a wonderful career for her as a manager. There is not a lot of turnover or problems in the stores. By asking these questions then they could weed out the kooks.(My OPINION-not Kroger's) I would not want my daughter to work in a place with some employee going postal!!!!! hurting or harming other employees or customers. There are a lot of weird people in the world. My daughter started as a bagger as most do. Great store!
lillyx

North Las Vegas, NV

#11 Sep 28, 2007
33 Pages of questions-- Do you have any idea of how many questions you could be asked by customers or fellow workers working in a store for one day? People cuss at you, they let their little kids mess up your displays. They drop dirty diapers on the floor. They bring back used hemmroid applicators and want their money back. yada yada more and more.I think a quality store has Quality screened people that work for them. If I owned a store with that much responsibility to the public I would ask a hundreds questions before i hired anyone.
lillyx

North Las Vegas, NV

#12 Sep 28, 2007
Crazy Daisy wrote:
That is so silly. Maybe they think they can detect if someone's not stable before they hire them. Who knows.
Exactly thank God! Who wants a postal nut in a store men.women and children.
crazy town

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Sep 28, 2007
i just do not like krogers grocery bags. they are so flimsy and can't hold a carton of eggs, everytime i go the bags rip so easily even save a lot and kays has better bags. and as much as non kroger card prices are, you'd think they could afford some better damn grocery bags.
Yo Man

Jamestown, KY

#14 Sep 29, 2007
I worked at krogers for a while.....all i have to say is mr smith can kiss my white azz....that place sucks
wrong again

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Sep 29, 2007
welcomematt wrote:
ms silverstone, the aclu won't do you a bit of good, since you don't work there, they will tell you that if indeed they did hire you ,a company can do practically anything they wish to do with you within reason during your working hours.
i dont think so
citizen

Russell Springs, KY

#16 Sep 29, 2007
crazy town wrote:
i just do not like krogers grocery bags. they are so flimsy and can't hold a carton of eggs, everytime i go the bags rip so easily even save a lot and kays has better bags. and as much as non kroger card prices are, you'd think they could afford some better damn grocery bags.
Just hold on it won't be long until all stores will go back to paper bags. In some states they have already ban plastic bags. It takes years for them to disintergrate.
Me not you

Jamestown, KY

#17 Sep 29, 2007
GREAT JOB? YOUR DAUGHTER WORKS THERE, ARE YOU FRICKNIN INSANE, I WORKED THERE HELL EVERYBODY SCREWS EVERYBODY AND THEY TRY TO KEEP IT AS QUIET AS POSSIBLE, KROGER SUCKS TO AS FAR AS A JOB GOES
lillyx wrote:
My daughter works for them and has for many years. It has been a wonderful career for her as a manager. There is not a lot of turnover or problems in the stores. By asking these questions then they could weed out the kooks.(My OPINION-not Kroger's) I would not want my daughter to work in a place with some employee going postal!!!!! hurting or harming other employees or customers. There are a lot of weird people in the world. My daughter started as a bagger as most do. Great store!
why

Russell Springs, KY

#18 Sep 30, 2007
WHEH DID THEY GET BAGGERS AT KROGER.LAST FEW TIMES I WAS IN THERE I HAD TO BAG AND CARRY THEM OUT MYSELF.
lmno

Lexington, KY

#20 Oct 2, 2007
Why do they try to see how fast they can scan you groceries and throw them down that belt thing? Then the baggers try to put a whole grocery cart into only about 3 bags. I get so mad when I get to my car I have to take everything out and leave it laying there until I get home.
former employee

Russell Springs, KY

#21 Oct 2, 2007
I used to work at Kroger's. It was a great place to work. I have moved on form there but still speak with past coworkers and bosses. No one makes you work there. If you don't like their questions, go somewhere else. I was always treated with respect and kindness.
the best

Jamestown, KY

#22 Oct 2, 2007
i worked in the grocery business for 12 to 15 years and every time i go in krogers i can see where i can make improvement in every department the meat is pitful the baggers are pitful the cashiers are the slowest i,ve ever seen in the grocery store i worked in we could out bag out cashier and out stock any kroger employee and i myself i bet can still bag better cashier better stock better than any of the young juvinels they have hired now and the old slow folks too i went in kroger one day and went to the meat dept and pulled at least 2 rows of out dated lunch meat hanging there and if you really look everytime you will see out dated meat or discolored i bet if you put any of the cashiers on a cash register where you had to punch in each price they wouldn,t last 2 hours and the baggers wouldn,t last either everytime igo to krogers i have to rebag my groceries so i cannot believe anybody thats hired there compared to what they have now would have to have any rules or experience bet i could go in there now and even make the managers look bad i can see improvement that i could make everytime i go in there they need to throw their hiring practices out the window and by the way i,m 45 and i would give anyone at krogers a run for their money i,m from the old school of grocery business

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 hr Perfect storm 136,111
Excuse or Purpose? 5 hr Cujo 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Russell Springs, KY (Jul '10) 10 hr Bigelow 35,757
Are ALL women bipolar??? (Jan '10) 13 hr zeek 144
Religious liberty and Christian persecution. 19 hr coffey bean 46
Who sells OUST air sanitizer? (Apr '12) Apr 23 Vivian 26
3 loads of driveway gravel needed Apr 22 Driveway Gravel N... 1
More from around the web

Russell Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]