washer

Greensburg, KY

#1 May 6, 2012
does anyone know where to find the 5 gallon buckets of tide detergent and how much are they
curious

Jamestown, KY

#2 May 6, 2012
peddlers mall in cville, and they are 30.00 they also have fabric softener, and car wash and dish detergent
Wisk

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 May 9, 2012
No idea on Tide but I do know the best detergent is "Wisk". It is wonderful for removing any kind of stains. Even dried fish blood or any blood!! Just put a little right on the spots & rub in, then wash. And on super bad stains you can spot treat with Wisk, rub it in and put in sink or bucket full of water, let soak for several hours, or even a full day, then wash. It will take out practically any stain.

I highly suggest you try it sometime. I don't even have to use Spray n wash anymore. I just keep Wisk in a squeeze bottle to stain treat. Great on grass stains too!
Now hear this

Russell Springs, KY

#4 May 9, 2012
The detergent being sold as "Tide" in these 5 gallon buckets is NOT really Tide detergent. It's kinda like those off brands of medications you see on the drug store shelves that says "compare to Tylenol". Actually these 5 gallon buckets of detergent is probably much less effective than the name brands they are being misrepresented and sold as because they contain less (maybe no) phosphates and other key ingredients that make a good detergent so they will be more eco friendly.

Don't be fooled by someone telling you it's Tide or some other name brand detergent or even that it's as good as the name brands. No where on the buckets will you find a name brand, and if it were Tide detergent, then it would say so somewhere on the bucket label. Don't be fooled. if you are reading this then you have internet access so do some research on it if you don't believe I am right about this. Google the names or words on the label and see what you find out about it. It aint Tide nor as good as Tide.
HDL

Burkesville, KY

#5 May 9, 2012
Home Made Laundry Detergent

4 Lb. Box 20 Mule Team Borax
4 Lb. Box Baking Soda
4 Lb. Arm & Hammer Washing Soda
3 Fels-Naptha Bar
2 Small Oxyclean

Grate all soap up. Put all ingredients into a 2 gallon or bigger container and mix. Use oxyclean scoops to measure detergent. I use 2 scoops.
solution

United States

#6 May 9, 2012
go to dollar store and get tide and pour it in the bucket they also sell downy and bleach it a bitch to get the lides off them five gallon buckets
RIP OFF

São Sebastião, Brazil

#7 May 13, 2012
Now hear this wrote:
The detergent being sold as "Tide" in these 5 gallon buckets is NOT really Tide detergent. It's kinda like those off brands of medications you see on the drug store shelves that says "compare to Tylenol". Actually these 5 gallon buckets of detergent is probably much less effective than the name brands they are being misrepresented and sold as because they contain less (maybe no) phosphates and other key ingredients that make a good detergent so they will be more eco friendly.
Don't be fooled by someone telling you it's Tide or some other name brand detergent or even that it's as good as the name brands. No where on the buckets will you find a name brand, and if it were Tide detergent, then it would say so somewhere on the bucket label. Don't be fooled. if you are reading this then you have internet access so do some research on it if you don't believe I am right about this. Google the names or words on the label and see what you find out about it. It aint Tide nor as good as Tide.
THE FIVE GALLON STUFF IS A RIP OFF. YOU END UP USING TWICE AS MUCH
Drill Here

Russell Springs, KY

#8 May 15, 2012
HDL wrote:
4 Lb. Box Baking Soda
3 Fels-Naptha Bar
2 Small Oxyclean
Grate all soap up. Put all ingredients into a 2 gallon or bigger container and mix. Use oxyclean scoops to measure detergent. I use 2 scoops.
We have made this and it works VERY well!!
Eric

New Paris, IN

#9 Jun 14, 2012
Actually, there are knock off brands of detergent out there, but there ARE actual buckets of the real thing. There are fund raisers who apparently team up with the parent companies, and do sell the stuff.

I have used the real stuff, and trust me, it is worth every penny.... And then some... The real issue is finding the real stuff. I know two people who can get it, but their "source" wont tell them where because they get it cheap, and then mark up the prices to make a profit for themselves. The more people that find out where to get it, the less money they can make.
Boomhauer

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Jun 16, 2012
soapmaker

Elk Horn, KY

#12 Jun 16, 2012
HDL wrote:
4 Lb. Box Baking Soda
3 Fels-Naptha Bar
2 Small Oxyclean
This is good. Using any non super-fatted soap works well. It's a great shower & tub cleaner also.
re-branded products

United States

#13 Jan 29, 2013
washer wrote:
does anyone know where to find the 5 gallon buckets of tide detergent and how much are they
THEY ALL COME FROM HERE AND ARE RE BRANDED BY DISTRIBUTORS. ITS PRETTY GOOD DETERGENT.

ORIGINAL BRAND NAME ARE ALONDRA, RHEA, SOFFIA

www.royeldealtime.com

BUY DIRECT FROM THE MANUFACTURE AND SAVE MONEY. DISTRIBUTORS GET THEY AS CHEAP AS $16.00 EACH.
penny pincher

United States

#14 Jan 30, 2013
HDL wrote:
4 Lb. Box Baking Soda
3 Fels-Naptha Bar
2 Small Oxyclean
I have been making the liquid detergent for several months. I love it. I add purex crystals to boost scent, although I've found it makes the mixture rather foamy on top. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I may try the dry detergent the next time.
concerned

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Jan 30, 2013
I would like to know what Fels-Naptha Bar is and where can you kind it? I would like to make some of the detergent.Where can you find all of this stuff?
deturgent

Russell Springs, KY

#16 Feb 1, 2013
concerned wrote:
I would like to know what Fels-Naptha Bar is and where can you kind it? I would like to make some of the detergent.Where can you find all of this stuff?
you can find it at kroger in the laundry isle for $1.29
LaundryDetergent

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Feb 1, 2013
concerned wrote:
Fet-Naphtha Bar is a hard laundry soap bar. You can find all the ingredients at Kroger in the laundry soap isle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Pikeville Parent 160,738
Landon Helm 1 hr tony 7
Easy women (May '16) 16 hr Mary Ruth 46
Looking for sites to metal detect for civil war... (Mar '14) Thu william aaron 4
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Wed Tea Party Patriot 664
Russell County boys basketball Wed Poor Excuse 3
immigration spotted in Russell springs Mar 21 Starwatcher 8

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages