drinkin lady

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Sep 13, 2012
Today they started selling beer in Somerset..Way to go!!
Boo Hoo

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Sep 13, 2012
drinkin lady wrote:
Today they started selling beer in Somerset..Way to go!!
Where at??
sticks and stones

Somerset, KY

#4 Sep 13, 2012
drinkin lady wrote:
Today they started selling beer in Somerset..Way to go!!
Please do not drink on your way back to Russell County.
drinkin lady

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Sep 13, 2012
Speedway, Main street deli, west 80 shell and several more selling tomorrow!!
lol

United States

#9 Sep 14, 2012
sticks and stones wrote:
<quoted text>Please do not drink on your way back to Russell County.
No promises on that til the thumpers get their heads outta their arses and let RC progress into the 1940s.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#10 Sep 14, 2012
sticks and stones wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not drink on your way back to Russell County.
You actually made a very good point in my opinion, S&S's.

Somerset is going to have quite an influx of people coming in from other counties to make purchases now. I hope we're not going to have victims of drunk drivers because they won't wait to get home before they pop a top..

This is the same issue Somerset faced before we even went wet yesterday. There were people drinking on the way back home after picking up their purchases elsewhere..

It can be a double edged sword. I don't want to see innocent people harmed because someone is overzealous, doesn't use good judgment, and then gets behind the wheel. Let the law do their job.

I hope roadblocks are out hot and heavy this weekend. Unfortunately, it's time now to make an example of a few people so the others will learn that drinking responsibly is key to safety.
six pack

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Sep 14, 2012
drinkin lady wrote:
Today they started selling beer in Somerset..Way to go!!
Russell county bootleggers and the paid off law that lets them operate are not gonna like hearing this one bit.
carpenter

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Sep 14, 2012
Guys ,the only thing Im conserned about is none of you drinking & driving .Please Please dont .Come home to your families safe also by not DWI your looking out for other families maybe even innocent children. If your going to drink just stay somewhere .Not trying to dog anyone just concerned.
watcher

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Sep 16, 2012
Thousands of cases of beer and liquor are carried into Russell county every year by tourist and locals. Too bad they buy it somewhere else and we get none of the tax benefits. They drink it here so let them buy it here.
Help KY FINEST

Pineville, KY

#14 Sep 16, 2012
Start a winery! MAKE JOBS..pay way more in taxs. Raw materials tax, product tax, purchase tax. Offers way more for a starter to!!! Also gives the drinker a job, instead of socialist program to drink on. Makes me feel like we start having contest for beer, wine, strong drink..skies the limit. Than we could sale tickets to the Site for tourist. Have the free use of their opinions. Which will give in sight that most, companies pay research firms a fortune for! LOTS OF JOB POTENTIALS with PRODUCING,Lots of word of mouth from tourist about taste testing and tours (tour guides, workers in factories paying in on county and city wages, while your gaining by putting the money into producing bigger market for your product..instead of a few cashier jobs at gas stations!

Busy hands, no play time for the devil! JOB MARKET NEEDS TO BE PRODUCED! No long distance driving and making way more pay checks. Something to get people out of a rut. Way more commerce!
east bound and down

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Sep 16, 2012
watcher wrote:
Thousands of cases of beer and liquor are carried into Russell county every year by tourist and locals. Too bad they buy it somewhere else and we get none of the tax benefits. They drink it here so let them buy it here.
Finally some one on topix gets it!Great post!!!
Bud Light

Russell Springs, KY

#16 Sep 16, 2012
six pack wrote:
<quoted text>Russell county bootleggers and the paid off law that lets them operate are not gonna like hearing this one bit.
Driving legal speed limits on LBN parkway you can now make a round trip Somerset beer or liquor run in ninety minutes from Russell Springs.
believe

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Sep 16, 2012
drinkin lady wrote:
Today they started selling beer in Somerset..Way to go!!
People just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DONT drink & drive .Im begging you. Just crash somewhere before you really crash & end someones life maybe yours .
Help KY FINEST

Pineville, KY

#18 Sep 17, 2012
Make money, instead of easy access to drinking. Make a product. Produce the product and make jobs. Better economy. Finally MAKE MONEY in a town where committees are not bring'n factories. Why not have locally owned an produced products. You have the farms to produce grapes,corn etc. JUST LIKE BURNSIDE DID..Wines,beer, liq. Sale your pears,mulberry,watermelon. Apples..fruit to your own local brewery! WHY NOT...no profit for those who spent fortunes in license. You make products. Makes those license only useful on down the line!

DISCOUNTED PRODUCTS FOR WORKERS OF BREWERYS..BETTER BARGAINS BETTER TOURIST DRAW...MORE IN TAXS CONSUMED BY POLYS!!
Bob from Jamestown

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Sep 17, 2012
Help KY FINEST wrote:
Make money, instead of easy access to drinking. Make a product. Produce the product and make jobs. Better economy. Finally MAKE MONEY in a town where committees are not bring'n factories. Why not have locally owned an produced products. You have the farms to produce grapes,corn etc. JUST LIKE BURNSIDE DID..Wines,beer, liq. Sale your pears,mulberry,watermelon. Apples..fruit to your own local brewery! WHY NOT...no profit for those who spent fortunes in license. You make products. Makes those license only useful on down the line!
DISCOUNTED PRODUCTS FOR WORKERS OF BREWERYS..BETTER BARGAINS BETTER TOURIST DRAW...MORE IN TAXS CONSUMED BY POLYS!!
who are you, Goober?
shopper

Russell Springs, KY

#20 Sep 17, 2012
drinkin lady wrote:
Today they started selling beer in Somerset..Way to go!!
where is cheapest prices?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 46 min CCR 164,711
Wild Drunk On Lake 1 hr info 3
Sundowner 9 hr Old school 6
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 10 hr Tik Tok 906
buy pot with EBT card 13 hr Really 2
Marty K & Kim K Sat Gross 6
fya Sat fya 1

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages