Merge county and city governments

Merge county and city governments

Posted in the Russell Springs Forum

long time resident

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Jan 3, 2013
Why does Russell Co not put on ballet for citizens choice to merge city and county government. Save citizens lots of money stop duplicating services better for all. After all if Louisville and Jefferson Co can merge surely the two competing towns can come together. If not, well there are more voters county wide AND we out numbered them which might be why they don't want on ballot. We cannot afford these taxes and need to be smarter and wiser with resources
Russell Springs

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Jan 3, 2013
So if we merge I wouldn't have to pay 1 % to city and then again 1% to the city of my gross paycheck, which I don't see anyway, I agree could have one group instead of 3 bound to save some money and have better services if put together
LOL

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Jan 3, 2013
Are you kidding? No way the little kings in Russell county calling the shots come hell or high water would ever give up their little kingdoms and unite in one county government! These people and their families live for the chance to feed at the public trough generation after generation.
Jamestown

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Jan 3, 2013
LOL wrote:
Are you kidding? No way the little kings in Russell county calling the shots come hell or high water would ever give up their little kingdoms and unite in one county government! These people and their families live for the chance to feed at the public trough generation after generation.

There are more voters in county then in the two city limits. Guess we need to work together
taxpayer

Russell Springs, KY

#5 Jan 3, 2013
Jamestown wrote:
<quoted text>
There are more voters in county then in the two city limits. Guess we need to work together
Overlapping and duplicating similar public services is totally inefficient and a huge waste of limited taxpayers dollars. Paying rising health and retirement benefits for public employees doing the same job is a bigger issue lately.
yep

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Jan 4, 2013
long time resident wrote:
Why does Russell Co not put on ballet for citizens choice to merge city and county government. Save citizens lots of money stop duplicating services better for all. After all if Louisville and Jefferson Co can merge surely the two competing towns can come together. If not, well there are more voters county wide AND we out numbered them which might be why they don't want on ballot. We cannot afford these taxes and need to be smarter and wiser with resources
Nothing progressive ever happens here on account of too much inbred stupidity resisting any changes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 10 min Forumwatcher 177,436
Police Chief Irvin accuses US Justice Watch rep... (Sep '09) 13 min Pat McGlone 24
The Bluegrass Conspiracy 5 hr Hillbilly 13
Another federal crime ... 9 hr Dummies 8
Clete WINS (May '14) 11 hr True grit 18
Where will Detective Dunkin Donuts work at now??? 11 hr hyden sucks 1
Tisha Chrzan (Goobie) pregnant 12 hr BJW 2

Russell Springs Jobs

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages