Next Last
nope

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Mar 22, 2012
the old one was better why change a good thing
Who

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Mar 22, 2012
What kind of changes did they make? Finally fire Larry Smith over his reckless reporting about the police finding a body during the tornado coverage or what?
bye

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Mar 22, 2012
i hate the music now so long whve for me hope advertisers notice this
JUST ASKIN

United States

#4 Mar 22, 2012
You hate new music. Shows your lack of faith in the only gift of the angels. God gave to humans. MUSIC bro...country ain't country, no more! Any how. I love KID ROCKS religious c.d! It reachs a wider viewers now. Besides..Ron Tucker is the only thing 104 Had...they loosing him..Ron has to find his own money for HIS SHOW...WHICH IS THE ONE AND ONLY REASON I LISTEN TO THE OUTTA DATE STATION only on W nights..folks..gonna be no Ron LESS WE ALL START KICKING IN TO HEAR OUR REQUEST!
nope

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Mar 23, 2012
they are talkin about 92.7 the wave
Aquarius

Greensburg, KY

#6 Mar 23, 2012
What did Wave change, exactly? I actually liked the music they were playing! It was one of few stations that didn't have 'country' music all the time. Not that there isn't 'some' good country music, I just prefer all the 'other' popular music.

And, that Larry you mention.....isn't he the guy that does that 'trading post/swap shop' thing? If he is, then I have to say, he certainly seems to be a nice person! He shows a great deal of patience with people on that program, I've been very impressed with him.

And yesterday while driving, I heard someone "win" some cash !! I thought that was a pretty neat thing too!

I like Wave just fine. Or I did. I hope whatever changes they've made are not to the type of music they play, unless it just includes more recent popular music!
suggestions r free

Leitchfield, KY

#7 Mar 23, 2012
IMO the new format is a feeble attempt to offer something for everyone and it fails.

Does anyone recall when the WAVE use to proudly advertise "no rap, never had it, never will"?

Now they are slipping rap into the play list. Sorry WAVE but you failed. The people who listen and appreciate rap music are listening to it on the ipod mommy & daddy bought them. They are not going to be sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for their favorite rap song to be played. "Back that a$$ up! back that a$$ up! back that a$$ up" REALLY!?!?!?! that was some of the rap lyrics that was played recently on WAVE, lol..

The advertisers have a target audience & itís the mom & dads (who bought the kids ipod). Working adults actually purchase and spend money with the advertisers. We listen to the radio while we work.
I personally donít like the new format so I am back to flipping stations and just listening to my own cdís. I havenít tuned out the station completely, but close to it. Time will tell if the radio station makes the needed changes or not.
I miss the weather man and wish he would return.

Although I do believe Larry needed to tone down some of the stuff that was flying out of his mouth, I did enjoy getting my news from WAVE.
rock

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Mar 23, 2012
Aquarius wrote:
What did Wave change, exactly? I actually liked the music they were playing! It was one of few stations that didn't have 'country' music all the time. Not that there isn't 'some' good country music, I just prefer all the 'other' popular music.
And, that Larry you mention.....isn't he the guy that does that 'trading post/swap shop' thing? If he is, then I have to say, he certainly seems to be a nice person! He shows a great deal of patience with people on that program, I've been very impressed with him.
And yesterday while driving, I heard someone "win" some cash !! I thought that was a pretty neat thing too!
I like Wave just fine. Or I did. I hope whatever changes they've made are not to the type of music they play, unless it just includes more recent popular music!
i hate urban rap and have no idea what demographics whve think rural advertisers are aiming for. WKYM plays classic rock for me now
Aquarius

Greensburg, KY

#9 Mar 23, 2012
Can't say I've actually heard any "rap" on 92.7. Don't listen to Wave that much but usually enjoy it when I do. It was wild to hear some of the really old stuff I heard one Saturday morning!
I'm a 'Sirius' radio fan, & enjoy all it offers so that's how I usually get my music on, if I'm not playing CD's. I like the local info you get with 92.7 about the areas happenings.
Still don't recall hearing any heavy duty rap though. LOL.
nutz

Toledo, OH

#10 Mar 23, 2012
The Wave sucks...always has and always will. They play the same shit everyday at the same damn times! There is no decent radio station other then 102.3 and good fking luck getting it to come in and stay in! This county is way behind times, and can't wait to get the hell out of here!
funky monkey

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Mar 23, 2012
suggestions r free wrote:
IMO the new format is a feeble attempt to offer something for everyone and it fails.
Does anyone recall when the WAVE use to proudly advertise "no rap, never had it, never will"?
Now they are slipping rap into the play list. Sorry WAVE but you failed. The people who listen and appreciate rap music are listening to it on the ipod mommy & daddy bought them. They are not going to be sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for their favorite rap song to be played. "Back that a$$ up! back that a$$ up! back that a$$ up" REALLY!?!?!?! that was some of the rap lyrics that was played recently on WAVE, lol..
The advertisers have a target audience & itís the mom & dads (who bought the kids ipod). Working adults actually purchase and spend money with the advertisers. We listen to the radio while we work.
I personally donít like the new format so I am back to flipping stations and just listening to my own cdís. I havenít tuned out the station completely, but close to it. Time will tell if the radio station makes the needed changes or not.
I miss the weather man and wish he would return.
Although I do believe Larry needed to tone down some of the stuff that was flying out of his mouth, I did enjoy getting my news from WAVE.
Call ol' Lar on the air and mention their new format then request Clarence Carters "Strokin" and see how far you get!
Rednekiller

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Mar 24, 2012
nutz wrote:
The Wave sucks...always has and always will. They play the same shit everyday at the same damn times! There is no decent radio station other then 102.3 and good fking luck getting it to come in and stay in! This county is way behind times, and can't wait to get the hell out of here!
Yes the Wave is so awful. It is such a tragedy that they dont play non stop country ignorance!!!! I was taking a crap earlier and the sounds of it sliding out of my as were way better than the crap WJRS plays.
Just saying

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Mar 25, 2012
I'm in the 25-54 demographic...the ideal target group that supposedly has and and will spend money. I listened to 92.7 95% of the time until they started all this rap crap. Now, I'm listening to WJRS more. Not a big country music fan but find it easier to listen to than whatever that is they are trying to call music on 92.7.
Thirties

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Mar 25, 2012
Just saying wrote:
I'm in the 25-54 demographic...the ideal target group that supposedly has and and will spend money. I listened to 92.7 95% of the time until they started all this rap crap. Now, I'm listening to WJRS more. Not a big country music fan but find it easier to listen to than whatever that is they are trying to call music on 92.7.
Ok I am in my 30's and I am a male. Please tell me when the WAVE played any rap music? I listen to them all the time and I only hear 1980;s and 90's music most of the time and NEVER any rap although I wish they would play some Snoop Dag or some 2-Pac every once in a while. Thats what is wrong with this area. If it isn't good old fashioned Country BullS#t then you dont like it.
trailer park homie

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Mar 25, 2012
Thirties wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I am in my 30's and I am a male. Please tell me when the WAVE played any rap music? I listen to them all the time and I only hear 1980;s and 90's music most of the time and NEVER any rap although I wish they would play some Snoop Dag or some 2-Pac every once in a while. Thats what is wrong with this area. If it isn't good old fashioned Country BullS#t then you dont like it.
Hip hop aint Ted Nugent dude and this aint no urban ghetto
yeah baby

United States

#16 Mar 25, 2012
Thirties wrote:
<quoted text>
Out on bail..2 pak..Lil Wayne Lolliepop oh yeah...strokin classic man..really classic..Luv dat shat
Just saying

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Mar 26, 2012
Thirties wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously was not listening between 6:30 and 7:00 this morning as i was on my way to work. Had 92.7 on and when it started, I quickly changed to WJRS. Noise is not my idea of music.
No Way

Russell Springs, KY

#18 Mar 26, 2012
Go back to the old format...much better!!!
cha ching

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Mar 30, 2012
When latest radio Arbitron ratings come in on whve reflecting this latest hip hop crap format change advertisers will surely take notice .
rock n roller

Russell Springs, KY

#20 Mar 30, 2012
cha ching wrote:
When latest radio Arbitron ratings come in on whve reflecting this latest hip hop crap format change advertisers will surely take notice .
Whats's next music format on wave when this jungle boogie stuff doesn't pay off, beaner tejano, holy roller gospel ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min another viewer 167,773
please 3 hr no name 3
Dr Schneider 15 hr testing123 17
Teresa Hammond Thu Whaslin 8
That Dobbs Guy Thu Hersheysquirtz 24
School Board Raising Taxes? Thu Callmemaybe 12
Lack Of Sunday Alcohol Sales Ignorant Stupidity Thu Linda S 62

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages