Sheriff Larry Bennett
resident

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Dec 17, 2012
Laker Country -- "Longtime Russell County Sheriff Larry Bennett is retiring at the end of this month. In a statement to WJRS NEWS, Bennett said this was one of the toughest decisions he has ever made but feels he has no other choice after meeting recently with a representative of the Kentucky Retirement Systems."

I must say that I have nothing bad to say about our Sheriff. I remember when Larry got elected. He cracked down on the bootleggers as he promised. The times I have interacted with him, he has been professional and you could talk to him like a person. He's a good man. This is evident by his being re-elected by the voters here 6 straight times. He holds the state record as longest serving sheriff. speaking for myself and I'm sure many other in Russell County, thank you Larry for your service to us. I wish you nothing but the best, sir.
common nature

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Dec 17, 2012
I told one of the candidates that will be running for sheriff that he would retire and push one of his buddies into his position so when the election comes around in 2 years his buddy will have and advantage,we know how he treats the ones that disagree with him.
Bud

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Dec 17, 2012
The person that will be put in charge will also retire in 2 years. He has no political gain in this. And had the ky retirement laws not changed, Larry would NOT be retiring now, he would be finishing out his term.
Real deal

Somerset, KY

#4 Dec 17, 2012
Just wondering...how did Bennett come up with Lee Smith. Second ? With all the politico buds Mr.Bennett does business for, would have known of the fact that Retirement problem. The Official would have let it known before Bennett ran. I see a angle some where!
satans head check

Jamestown, KY

#5 Dec 17, 2012
Yeah, the illegals, drug dealers and other criminals have grown exponentially under bennetts watch. Just another damned russell co. bureaucrat.
truth

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Dec 17, 2012
Lee Smith is an officer of truth and one of bravery,known him for years and know how he dealt with me when I was young and dumb as well as others,by the book,and if there was gun fire and other officers running away you could count on Lee to be there to defend.We need more brave MEN like Lee Smith.
questions

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Dec 17, 2012
truth wrote:
Lee Smith is an officer of truth and one of bravery,known him for years and know how he dealt with me when I was young and dumb as well as others,by the book,and if there was gun fire and other officers running away you could count on Lee to be there to defend.We need more brave MEN like Lee Smith.
Will he clean out the illegal Cherrymaster video poker machines in Russell county or look the other way?
truth

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Dec 17, 2012
questions wrote:
<quoted text>Will he clean out the illegal Cherrymaster video poker machines in Russell county or look the other way?
what is a cherry master and what kind of places do you hang out at?
questions

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Dec 18, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>what is a cherry master and what kind of places do you hang out at?
Cherrymaster is a popular brand video poker machine seen in many business back rooms(no secret if you want to play and gamble) in Russell county where they are illegaly used to gamble.
new sheriff

Russell Springs, KY

#10 Dec 18, 2012
I think there is bigger fish to fry , other than worrying about some cherry masters. look at the meth problem, and drug problem all together. This needs to be addresed first off. poker machines dont kill people drugs do. Besides its their own choice to play them,,,,,,
happy

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Dec 18, 2012
so Glad Lee is taking over for this county. Justice will be served!
questions

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Dec 18, 2012
new sheriff wrote:
I think there is bigger fish to fry , other than worrying about some cherry masters. look at the meth problem, and drug problem all together. This needs to be addresed first off. poker machines dont kill people drugs do. Besides its their own choice to play them,,,,,,
Un-regulated, illegal gambling is a problem because it is AGAINST THE LAW. It all to often becomes a problem when paychecks are spent and and there is no food left in the house.
Fed Up
#15 Dec 19, 2012
Drugs also take paychecks and food off of the table. But the sad part is no matter how many get arrested it is the courts who need to step up and do their job also. Lee bust as many as you all can then maybe the courts will see how bad the problem is here and may do their jobs.
Justice seeker

Russell Springs, KY

#25 Dec 24, 2012
happy wrote:
so Glad Lee is taking over for this county. Justice will be served!
. Hope he will at least serve warrants issued. Bennett flat out refused to serve a warrant cause he didn't want to. Since when is a elected public office holder allowed too pick and choose. Who do you call when county Sherrie will not serve warrants? Mus be someone who can get the job don
TRUE CONSTITUTIONAL LOVER

Somerset, KY

#26 Dec 24, 2012
Justice seeker wrote:
<quoted text>. Hope he will at least serve warrants issued. Bennett flat out refused to serve a warrant cause he didn't want to. Since when is a elected public office holder allowed too pick and choose. Who do you call when county Sherrie will not serve warrants? Mus be someone who can get the job don
Edward Lee will do what ever the boys in suits out town tell him to..or their money bosses will pull funds..Lets get a Sherriff..that ain't tied to OLD SHOES....I want one WHO JUST PROMISES TO DO LESS THAN HIS OPPONENT..has done.(COST THE JUDGES AND LAWYERS A WHOLE 4 YEARS..Heck they make 500 an hour..they do stock market..they be fine)..Instead of getting a warrent..SHOOT UM IN THE ARSE...be done with it..go on and get over it..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
becky polston (Aug '08) 39 min Sonja 45
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 156,594
Let us all come together and name the RATS of t... 10 hr My name is 10
AA/NA Meetings in Russell County (Jul '10) Thu KGB 16
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Thu hot dog 755
Ashley McFarland Wed Joshy too Hotty 5
damn ugly Russell county women,eewww Wed Joshy 4

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages