jimtown city workers
jimtown city workers

Jamestown, KY

#1 Dec 21, 2011
why do I see some city workers driveing city trucks to houses outside the city limits then go in someones house about evry day does the city do private work inside homes or what????
Mike

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Dec 23, 2011
I have seen them down my road several times reading and looking at I think water meters. I live way outside the city limits but I pay my bill in jamestown. Lots of city of somerset gas trucks too. I see Russell Springs trucks every where as well. Are they all tied together somehow? I have wondered how the electric works...Does KU and RECC use the same lines? I keep seeing a jackson County police car in town a lot. Wheres jackson county?
well well 911

Russell Springs, KY

#27 Aug 18, 2012
Mike wrote:
I have seen them down my road several times reading and looking at I think water meters. I live way outside the city limits but I pay my bill in jamestown. Lots of city of somerset gas trucks too. I see Russell Springs trucks every where as well. Are they all tied together somehow? I have wondered how the electric works...Does KU and RECC use the same lines? I keep seeing a jackson County police car in town a lot. Wheres jackson county?
some plp never learn!! do you talk like this two? YOUR DAY WILL COME VERY SOON!!! to many plp have told me the same thing.[I KNOW WHO YOU ARE]!!!!!!!!!
uneducated

Russell Springs, KY

#28 Aug 18, 2012
well well 911 wrote:
<quoted text>some plp never learn!! do you talk like this too? YOUR DAY WILL COME VERY SOON!!! to many plp have told me the same thing.[I KNOW WHO YOU ARE]!!!!!!!!!
like the rest of the unassuming of the identical is the unapproachable fear of wisdom. get it TWO or TOO?
Curious

Leitchfield, KY

#30 Aug 29, 2012
First of all, please tell me which "city workers" have access to city/county vehicles? I'd like to know the answer. And why would anyone be allowed to drive any vehicle used for the work of county/city for any reason other than getting the work done?I would think insurance companies would have an issue with something like that.
I know my husband has a company vehicle for his work and although he is allowed to use it for personal uses, he has to keep up with and pay the company for miles he drives as well as gas.
I'm assuming (like my husband) the county/city workers has to keep records of the work, they should have receipts for the gas, as well as the recorded miles driven for any particular job. It would be easy as pie to see how much excessive "non job use" the vehicles are being used for. And they should be reimbursed period.
I cannot imagine a city/county government would be any more lax than say a company like my husbands. He is "required" to report, in his expenses, the "reason" for the expense, whether it's fuel, maintinenece on vehicle, or any other company expense.
So isn't RC keeping good records of what the tax payers dollars are being spent on? And if not why?

One other thing, as a safety measure my husbands co.will no longer allow any spouse to drive the employees company vehicle. They also made it clear NO cell phone use is permitted while driving, even though all the vehicles have hands free phone ability. And if an accident occurs while a phone is in use. It will solely be the responsibility of the employee, not the insurance co., plus the person would be immediately fired. They did that because the number one reason for accidents is "distracted driving", and cell use distracts.
It's a money thing and a responsibility the company doesn't want. I'd think our officials wouldn't want to be sued either. And I wonder what the cell phone use policy for RC vehicles is?
Yep

Russell Springs, KY

#31 Aug 29, 2012
Curious wrote:
First of all, please tell me which "city workers" have access to city/county vehicles? I'd like to know the answer. And why would anyone be allowed to drive any vehicle used for the work of county/city for any reason other than getting the work done?I would think insurance companies would have an issue with something like that.
I know my husband has a company vehicle for his work and although he is allowed to use it for personal uses, he has to keep up with and pay the company for miles he drives as well as gas.
I'm assuming (like my husband) the county/city workers has to keep records of the work, they should have receipts for the gas, as well as the recorded miles driven for any particular job. It would be easy as pie to see how much excessive "non job use" the vehicles are being used for. And they should be reimbursed period.
I cannot imagine a city/county government would be any more lax than say a company like my husbands. He is "required" to report, in his expenses, the "reason" for the expense, whether it's fuel, maintinenece on vehicle, or any other company expense.
So isn't RC keeping good records of what the tax payers dollars are being spent on? And if not why?
One other thing, as a safety measure my husbands co.will no longer allow any spouse to drive the employees company vehicle. They also made it clear NO cell phone use is permitted while driving, even though all the vehicles have hands free phone ability. And if an accident occurs while a phone is in use. It will solely be the responsibility of the employee, not the insurance co., plus the person would be immediately fired. They did that because the number one reason for accidents is "distracted driving", and cell use distracts.
It's a money thing and a responsibility the company doesn't want. I'd think our officials wouldn't want to be sued either. And I wonder what the cell phone use policy for RC vehicles is?
I saw a county EMS ambulance parked at the Jamestown Christian church family center parking lot for wQite a while last week. It wasn't on a run either ,hmmmm? Makes you wonder what happens when seconds count for the next emergency and the ambulance is not at EMS HQ where it should be when not on a run.
Yep indeed

Hodgenville, KY

#32 Aug 31, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>I saw a county EMS ambulance parked at the Jamestown Christian church family center parking lot for wQite a while last week. It wasn't on a run either ,hmmmm? Makes you wonder what happens when seconds count for the next emergency and the ambulance is not at EMS HQ where it should be when not on a run.
Are you aware there's more than one ambulance crew on duty per shift? Don't you worry, when welfare moochers like you get a headache or stub your toe, another truck is waiting at HQ to taxi your fat ass to the ER.
Yep

Russell Springs, KY

#33 Aug 31, 2012
Yep indeed wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you aware there's more than one ambulance crew on duty per shift? Don't you worry, when welfare moochers like you get a headache or stub your toe, another truck is waiting at HQ to taxi your fat ass to the ER.
I would like to know the official Russell county EMS protocol policy on employees driving county equipment for personal business while on duty. When seconds count there may be more than one emergency call and the crew and truck are not available because equipment is not at HQ. This is a taxpayer funded county entitiy and not a private business where employees drive equipment around on duty for personl use.
Drill Here

Russell Springs, KY

#34 Sep 1, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>I would like to know the official Russell county EMS protocol policy on employees driving county equipment for personal business while on duty. When seconds count there may be more than one emergency call and the crew and truck are not available because equipment is not at HQ. This is a taxpayer funded county entitiy and not a private business where employees drive equipment around on duty for personl use.
WELL - You are NOT going to get that OFFICIAL POLICY on here - and if you are silly enough to think that you could - you probably would have a hard time understanding it anyway -
So.... the only possible reason you would post that was to stir poop.

If you actually want to do something about it - ask the correct authorities and then question them about what you see wrong, write a letter to the editor w/ your name on it, etc.
Yep

Russell Springs, KY

#35 Sep 1, 2012
Drill Here wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL - You are NOT going to get that OFFICIAL POLICY on here - and if you are silly enough to think that you could - you probably would have a hard time understanding it anyway -
So.... the only possible reason you would post that was to stir poop.
If you actually want to do something about it - ask the correct authorities and then question them about what you see wrong, write a letter to the editor w/ your name on it, etc.
Would you like to stir some poop if you were having a heart attack on a Saturday afternoon in Eli or Webbs Crossroads and the only available ambulance and crew available was blocked in a crowded church parking lot in Jamestown and couuldn't get out until another car moved?
Drill Here

Russell Springs, KY

#36 Sep 5, 2012
Well do something about it.
Whining on here will do nothing.
You asked for a copy of an OFFICIAL POLICY ---
Point being -
... YOU AIN'T GONNA GET ONE ON HERE!

Go somewhere and and ask someone that might actually be able to help you.
Drill Here

Russell Springs, KY

#37 Sep 6, 2012
WOW!
I repeat WOW!

I think those are my first ever Positive "Judge It's"!!!!!!!!!
Always checking

Jamestown, KY

#38 Sep 6, 2012
Try to get the truck number. And a witness to sign. How long they were there.

Any little thing might help.
City workers

Russell Springs, KY

#39 Sep 7, 2012
The city workers are seen setting in town watching people go buy. They shouldn't be able to drive the city trucks home with me! Just drive them when they are working. Know wonder the city don't money!
Drill Here

Russell Springs, KY

#40 Sep 7, 2012
Hey - I agree with Reporting them if they are loafing! I agree with getting as much info as possible - including phone video and witnesses.
I agree that they should NOT drive vehicles home!

My only contention is that HERE does you no good.
squeaky wheel

Russell Springs, KY

#41 Sep 7, 2012
Drill Here wrote:
Hey - I agree with Reporting them if they are loafing! I agree with getting as much info as possible - including phone video and witnesses.
I agree that they should NOT drive vehicles home!
My only contention is that HERE does you no good.
The way it works in public service is they need to drive home and all over everywhere to put more miles on those city vehicles so they can run up the mileage and get new ones sooner!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr SNOKE 170,075
Good,trustworthy mechanic 7 hr bad mechanic 10
Rats 7 hr Need to kno 6
State dock 9 hr Lakelife 1
who is Dana Bell dating 9 hr Big D 26
Our Beloved Hoover 16 hr JDaniel 155
What happened to Shana Mann? Wed True 3

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance