Comments
1 - 20 of 82 Comments Last updated Dec 10, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
uhhh

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Dec 10, 2007
Did you fall for it, is that why you are really so upset?
SANTAS HELPER

AOL

#5 Dec 10, 2007
YEAH, SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS GONNA GET SOME EXTRA OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY, SORRY, GET A REAL JOB, SOMETHING HARDER THAN WALKING TO THE MAILBOX.
LMAO

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Dec 10, 2007
I must admit you had me going.I am not as worried about the local sisterhoods taste for the little brown brothers from south of the border and what seems to be a very fertile pairing.The real takers of our tax dollars are the thieves in suits and ties and farm attire at our local courthouses and other gov establishments they are the real system suckers.
ELLA MAE

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Dec 10, 2007
uhhh wrote:
Did you fall for it, is that why you are really so upset?
nope you need to stop getting peoples hopes up there some out they ant goning to have a christmas kids is the worst to get hurt at chistmas wont yell stop thes lies gitting ever ones hopes up and then shot down i wont go this far to hurt some one like this re-tard /who starting this topix has to be mean what kind person would start something like this maybe you have a bad christmas /suits you right re/tard/
ELLA MAE

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Dec 10, 2007
SANTAS HELPER wrote:
YEAH, SHE THOUGHT SHE WAS GONNA GET SOME EXTRA OF MY HARD EARNED MONEY, SORRY, GET A REAL JOB, SOMETHING HARDER THAN WALKING TO THE MAILBOX.
yell need to think about all the kids that are starving and wont have a christmas why you live in your big house i bet theres more love in a poor person then your they might get a check but who cares there more love then the rich man that wont even speak to you and the poor person will all ways speak /you think the rich man goning to make it to heaven /the poor man bet him there /you goning to be waiting to get /there will be jungment day for all
uhhh

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Dec 10, 2007
ELLA MAE wrote:
<quoted text>nope you need to stop getting peoples hopes up there some out they ant goning to have a christmas kids is the worst to get hurt at chistmas wont yell stop thes lies gitting ever ones hopes up and then shot down i wont go this far to hurt some one like this re-tard /who starting this topix has to be mean what kind person would start something like this maybe you have a bad christmas /suits you right re/tard/
If you meant me, how dare you call ME a retard. I can spell and use words to form coherent sentences. Also, what's with your use of the / symbol? It's sad if this topic really got someone's hopes up in the first place. If you are receiving benefits from the government, why would the government give you an extra bonus for Christmas, especially due to the financial status of our state and country.
sledgehammer

Russell Springs, KY

#10 Dec 11, 2007
ELLA MAE wrote:
<quoted text>yell need to think about all the kids that are starving and wont have a christmas why you live in your big house i bet theres more love in a poor person then your they might get a check but who cares there more love then the rich man that wont even speak to you and the poor person will all ways speak /you think the rich man goning to make it to heaven /the poor man bet him there /you goning to be waiting to get /there will be jungment day for all
you are so right, iwish everyone had this known fact!
i wonder when

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Dec 11, 2007
SANTAS HELPER wrote:
well now how ignorant are you? SSI for your information does not come from YOUR tax dollors , it comes from the money paid into it by the person recieving it , while they were working. You know the whole idea is to pay into SSI so if we become disabled , we have something to fall back on , MORON
Not Quite

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Dec 11, 2007
Not quite how it works - yes, IF you work - you do pay into a supposed SSI fund.

DIRTY SECRET #1: There is NO fund. It goes to the general fund.

DIRTY SECRET #2: Many poeple get out MUCH more than they put in if anything. Many people contribute their entire lives and never draw.
jekyl

Hillsborough, NC

#13 Dec 11, 2007
and If said person has never paid into SSI fund but has been on the draw for years,, then who has paid for it!??
and then there kids are unable to work so they draw disability, then who pays it?
Not Quite

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Dec 11, 2007
THERE IS NO REAON for kids to be hungry out there.

The programs available if used correctly make the poor of our country some of the wealthiest in the world.

It is almost always the choices of the parents that make it tough on the kids. The Parents choices: Alchol, Drugs, and Ciggerettes and the refusal to work are what causes hunger in children.

If nothing else - The schools will feed the kids 2x per day. If younger - Day care is Free AND they feed the kids several times a day.

How many times have you seen someone in a store buying lottery tickets, Ciggerettes and then using their card to buy Little Debbies, Coke and icecream - Yet the baby they are carrying needs a diaper change.

Until the parents change - the kids don't stand a chance - and when they are 14, their kids won't stand a chance

WAKE UP AMERICA!
i wonder when

Russell Springs, KY

#15 Dec 11, 2007
people who have never worked get supplemental security income,not the same,people who have worked and paid in, and become disabled get social security disability, and the amount goes by what they have paid in. people on supplemental dont get much
Jekyl

Hillsborough, NC

#16 Dec 11, 2007
they get enuff not to work!
MORON

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Dec 11, 2007
A VERY large percentage of SSI (Supplemental Social Security) patrons also recieve a MEDICAL CARD. This CARD pays for their hospitalization AND they get Medications for $1.00.
Medicare is(Social Security)paid for by people who have worked usually until 65. They must Pay for their medications, thru insurance they must buy or out of pocket,and there is a Large copay for hospitalization.
For the elderly it is better paying to NEVER have worked a day. I guess working is for Morons....

Since: Oct 07

Russell Springs, KY.

#18 Dec 11, 2007
Just so you know, not all of us that are on SSI are on it because thats what we choose...For me, I have no other choice. I have been disabled since birth due to epilepsy and for all the bitching that I hear from everyone about how their tax dollars support me...OH WELL! I didnt ask to have this, I do work part time as I am allowed by Soc Security. When I have tried to get jobs like at wal mart etc. they wont hire me because of insurance risks even though its discrimination not too...So you just keep on bitchin all you like but try to keep in mind that not all people who get ssi get it because its what they want....and that they would rather work.
santas helper

AOL

#19 Dec 11, 2007
southrenwytch wrote:
Just so you know, not all of us that are on SSI are on it because thats what we choose...For me, I have no other choice. I have been disabled since birth due to epilepsy and for all the bitching that I hear from everyone about how their tax dollars support me...OH WELL! I didnt ask to have this, I do work part time as I am allowed by Soc Security. When I have tried to get jobs like at wal mart etc. they wont hire me because of insurance risks even though its discrimination not too...So you just keep on bitchin all you like but try to keep in mind that not all people who get ssi get it because its what they want....and that they would rather work.
WELL IF YOU CANT WORK WHY DID YOU WASTE MY TAX DOLLARS GETTING ALL YOUR DEGREES AT LWC
Christmas Grinch

Sweeden, KY

#20 Dec 11, 2007
santas helper wrote:
<quoted text> WELL IF YOU CANT WORK WHY DID YOU WASTE MY TAX DOLLARS GETTING ALL YOUR DEGREES AT LWC
LMAO!!! Yes, there are intelligent people on here.
Christmas Grinch

Sweeden, KY

#21 Dec 11, 2007
southrenwytch wrote:
Get ready for the onslaught--now that you've confessed to drawing an SSI check many folks on here are going to give you hard time. I noticed you changed your user profile after/during the comments made by people about your being a Wiccan. I'm not telling you how to go about your business or run your life (draw a check if you want to, be a Wiccan if you want to) but I would recommend not sharing some things here on topix. Especially given that you have your photo posted and everyone knows who you are. Just a well intentioned comment.
Forrest Gump

Sweeden, KY

#22 Dec 11, 2007
Well, life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you'll get until you open it up. I got a lot of things out of life, but I never did get any SSI checks. Some people think that I'm not all there; some people have even called me dumb. But I never got no SSI for it. I was crippled when I was a little boy, I had to wear braces on my legs. But I never go no SSI for it. I worked through my life when I had to. I learned that from my momma. My daddy went on vacation when I was real young and he never came back. Mom and I made it the best we could. She rented rooms in our house to travelers and did a few other things on the side. Money was tight but we always made it through without depending on the government. I went to college and played football. I got a scholarship for it because I could run real fast so I was good at football. After that I went in the army, got sent to a place called Vietnam. While I was there I got shot in the buttocks. They said it was a million dollar wound, but the government must have kept that because I never seen any of it. Maybe they're using that money to give to people for SSI. My friend Lt. Dan got shot up pretty bad in Vietnam. He lost his legs because of it. He didn't draw any SSI either. But he did get a monthly check from the government because he lost his legs in the war fighting for our country. He deserved those checks. Later when I started my own shrimpin business, Lt. Dan came to work for me. He could have kept on drawing that government check because he didn't have any legs but he'd rather work instead. Lt. Dan was happy when he was working. It gave him something to do and it gave him pride. Lt. Dan changed a lot when he started working with on the shrimpin boat. Another friend of mine, Jenny, had some problems in her life. She was abused by her daddy when she was little. This made life hard on her but she worked anyway. She didn't always have the most glamorous job, but she always earned her own keep. If people want to do good for themselves they will work. People that are lazy and don't want to work try to find a way out of it. Some people deserve checks from the government and some people dont. And that's all I've got to say about that.

Since: Oct 07

Russell Springs, KY.

#23 Dec 12, 2007
santas helper wrote:
<quoted text> WELL IF YOU CANT WORK WHY DID YOU WASTE MY TAX DOLLARS GETTING ALL YOUR DEGREES AT LWC
when I went to school the first time in 1981 it was before I started recieving SSI, and when I went back the second time, in 1997, I had hopes that sinces my my seizures had slowed down that I would be able to work some....I didnt know that after I graduated I would be in a coma though that would cause even more health problems. I am working in a volunteer capacity for KYCAN, NAMI as a mental health advoacy worker. My education will NEVER be wasted because I still help people just not how I thought I would...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 19 min Clint Eastwood 1,451
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr BRAIN STORM 130,536
Sorry Repugnantcan Mitch McConnell 2 hr farmer 21
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Limbertwig 151,261
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 8 hr Advertisment 26,226
Looking for good running Beagle 13 hr hunter 4
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) Thu Reality 16,145
•••
•••
•••

Russell Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Russell Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Russell Springs News, Events & Info