Dollar General in Jamestown

Posted in the Russell Springs Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

Jamestown, KY

#1 Apr 9, 2011
Overheard they were getting a new store. Does anyone know if this is true??
Know

United States

#2 Apr 9, 2011
Yes. On the corner of esto In the field across from Adams BP.
well well

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Apr 10, 2011
what a waste , theres 2 dollar stores in russell springs already and a family dollar, a mighty dollar....Jamestown is dried up anyway, everyone from Jamestown goes somewhere else anyway except the drugies that walk around down there ,
weakly reader

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Apr 10, 2011
Know wrote:
Yes. On the corner of esto In the field across from Adams BP.
The library board bought property there for the new library.
Actually

United States

#5 Apr 10, 2011
Actually all kinds of people in Jamestown shop at the dollar general. People of all kinds, no matter their "social status".
Know

United States

#6 Apr 10, 2011
Library didn't buy the whole plot. If you drive by you will see it is subdivided.
wonk

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Apr 10, 2011
Actually wrote:
Actually all kinds of people in Jamestown shop at the dollar general. People of all kinds, no matter their "social status".
Do people in Jamestown have "social status" ? Maybe the dead ones in the graveyard !
Actually

Chicago, IL

#8 Apr 10, 2011
Well yes they do. Do you perceive everyone in Jamestown the same?
Cinderella

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Apr 10, 2011
Actually wrote:
Amen to that.
Hmmm

Russell Springs, KY

#10 Apr 10, 2011
well well wrote:
what a waste , theres 2 dollar stores in russell springs already and a family dollar, a mighty dollar....Jamestown is dried up anyway, everyone from Jamestown goes somewhere else anyway except the drugies that walk around down there ,
Yeah and there's a public library and clerks office in Jamestown already so there's no need in taxpayers paying for a duplication of those offices in rusty springs. Shut them down and maybe the county wouldn't have to quadruple our local payroll taxes to pay for a duplication of services.
wonder

Jamestown, KY

#11 Apr 10, 2011
I wonder wen they get a new store if theyll get more help 2. The place seems 2 really b goin down hill. Theres only 1 worker thats ever friendly.
Lisa

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Apr 11, 2011
They are not just building a new Dollar General but a Market Place one. They will have many more items and a grocery. I think anyone in Jamestown would be happy to see this development except for Kay's Bestway but I doubt they will have every thing that Kay's has anyways.
reality check

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Apr 11, 2011
Lisa wrote:
They are not just building a new Dollar General but a Market Place one. They will have many more items and a grocery. I think anyone in Jamestown would be happy to see this development except for Kay's Bestway but I doubt they will have every thing that Kay's has anyways.
Maybe one day when more hard shell bible thumpers get planted in Jamestown they will eventually sell Bud Light 30 packs at groceries like they do in the real world.
Oneofmany

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Apr 11, 2011
Cinderella wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen to that.
Jamestown Dollar Store is great. Always busy and they can't keep enough stuff on the shelves. I see people from all over the county there, and the tourists love it. It's on a main artery to several marinas as well as close to a couple of eating places, nursing home and even off track. No wonder its the place to run in and get what you need with no fuss. By the way the snide comment about everybody in Jamestown being in the cemetery shows nothing but ignorance on the part of whoever posted that. There are far more professional people in that area than up in Savealot land and you'll find most of them, on occasion, at the Jamestown Dollar Store. And the people who work in there are pretty good too.
Question

United States

#15 Apr 11, 2011
Does Dollar store have better prices than Kmart and Wal-Mart??
Actually

United States

#16 Apr 11, 2011
Better than Kmart for sure. & somethings at the Dollar General are cheaper than Walmart and then somethings are cheaper at Walmart. It just depends on the product your buying.
wow

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Apr 11, 2011
they need to get more help when you go in have to stand 6 people back with 1 cashier wwhile 3 or 4 is working on shelfs. there is times you need to cashiers.
Cinderella

Russell Springs, KY

#18 Apr 11, 2011
Oneofmany wrote:
<quoted text>Jamestown Dollar Store is great. Always busy and they can't keep enough stuff on the shelves. I see people from all over the county there, and the tourists love it. It's on a main artery to several marinas as well as close to a couple of eating places, nursing home and even off track. No wonder its the place to run in and get what you need with no fuss. By the way the snide comment about everybody in Jamestown being in the cemetery shows nothing but ignorance on the part of whoever posted that. There are far more professional people in that area than up in Savealot land and you'll find most of them, on occasion, at the Jamestown Dollar Store. And the people who work in there are pretty good too.
Great place to shop! I agree.
american

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Apr 12, 2011
wonk wrote:
<quoted text> Do people in Jamestown have "social status" ? Maybe the dead ones in the graveyard !
i think you have a mental problem.
jamestown is the county seat after all betyou didnt know?
american

Russell Springs, KY

#20 Apr 12, 2011
reality check wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe one day when more hard shell bible thumpers get planted in Jamestown they will eventually sell Bud Light 30 packs at groceries like they do in the real world.
dont worry about the bible thumpers ,you probably wont see them where you are going if you dont change your views and ways

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rc manor apartments 3 min HVAC 4
looking for male poodle for breeding (Aug '09) 2 hr Krystal 49
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Fun 159,574
Dana Bell & Michael Crabtree 5 hr Tapout 19
Found Dog at Lure Lodge 9 hr Link 2
Nail Spa Thu China Doll 7
News Russell Springs, KY, enters second day of water... Thu Look at Bigg pict... 5

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages