First Prev
of 3
Next Last
PLEASED CUSTOMER

Russell Springs, KY

#1 Dec 2, 2008
isnt the mighty dollar the best? they have some rally great stuff in there and i was there today and the lady at the check-out was so nice, sweet, and helpful. you cant hardly find nice people like that anymore, i got alot of great buys there. so if anyone still have a few things to gather together for christmas you should check it out, i got alot of nice little stocking stuffers the kids are going to just love. i just thought i would start a topic where maybe we could just have some nice friendly conversation. merry christmas all!!!
just guess

Russell Springs, KY

#2 Dec 2, 2008
dont no nuttin bout friendly, but they do got a hot chic in der wit a FINE booty:p i go in der 2 git a 2 liter just to see her, but she married doe!:(
wtf

Russell Springs, KY

#3 Dec 2, 2008
whats her name? how old?
Erica

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Dec 3, 2008
The Mighty Dollar is an awesome store in the way that it has awesome food or merchandise for amazingly low prices, but last time i went there about a year ago they had an old lady working there about in her late 50s she was UTTERLY HORRIBLE to me and my friend who just spent $50 for supplies for a party, she was rude and said very rude remarks, then i called the managment and told them her name and how she talked to me he said he was sorry then i said well you shouldnt have someone so rude working for you, go back a week later she was there and working still then made the comment to me "i guess you thought your call would make me loose my job ha... so since that day i sadly have not went back, i loved the place nice place to get party supplied but i will not! stand for rude workers! and if not when complained on by me and my friend that we see some action then i dont want to give them my business, and this woman when i say she was rude SHE WAS VERY RUDE!!!!!! and i cant to this day figure out her problem with me, maybe i had the wrong purfume on or something..
been

Columbia, KY

#5 Dec 3, 2008
They are pretty good, but they don't have as much as they used to. I wish they would get some better shipments of stuff in.
fyi

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Dec 3, 2008
with the prices of things these days they cant get stuff and still sell it for a dollar that is why they arent getting good stuff no more...trust me my kids are gona miss all the little extra nice things in their stockings this year that i got at mighty dollar
hamburger

Russell Springs, KY

#7 Dec 3, 2008
Erica wrote:
The Mighty Dollar is an awesome store in the way that it has awesome food or merchandise for amazingly low prices, but last time i went there about a year ago they had an old lady working there about in her late 50s she was UTTERLY HORRIBLE to me and my friend who just spent $50 for supplies for a party, she was rude and said very rude remarks, then i called the managment and told them her name and how she talked to me he said he was sorry then i said well you shouldnt have someone so rude working for you, go back a week later she was there and working still then made the comment to me "i guess you thought your call would make me loose my job ha... so since that day i sadly have not went back, i loved the place nice place to get party supplied but i will not! stand for rude workers! and if not when complained on by me and my friend that we see some action then i dont want to give them my business, and this woman when i say she was rude SHE WAS VERY RUDE!!!!!! and i cant to this day figure out her problem with me, maybe i had the wrong purfume on or something..
rude people have to eat too. sorry she wasn't enough of a robot for you. while I know those experiences are aggravating, it's just as appalling that you would want an old lady to lose her job. does rudeness = loss of ability to provide for self in your playbook of how things equal out? maybe you could have just told the lady you didn't appreciate her attitude but no, you want her to be unable to feed herself.

YOU SUCK!
hmm

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Dec 3, 2008
Erica wrote:
What did she look like?Reddish hair?
FOR A FACT

Russell Springs, KY

#9 Dec 3, 2008
Erica wrote:
let me just start by saying that i work on a daily basis with the public and have for about 17 years, i truly love my job but lets get real there are days when we all feel bad and may not be in the chipperest of moods, however you are there to buy the product not make friend , right? unless you work in retail you have no idea how people treat you. they throw wadded up money at you like your there to straighten it out, they decide at the last minute they dont want an item so it is up to you to run and put it back, most are to lazy and sorry to even put the carts back, most cashiers only make min. wage thats not a great deal of money for all of the tasks we have to do then on top of all that there will always be someone who says you arent friendly enough or dont smile that much, well alot of the times i wish people would just get their crap and go on, then other times i am in a big way and will cut up each and every person has those days and the truth aint in ya if you say different, so instead of bitching and griping lets say thanks mighty dollar for the wonderful job you do, my hat goes off to each and every person out there who works retail, ask for a job at one of these places and you might see why a bad mood can be found sometimes!!! have a good day!!
hey

Russell Springs, KY

#10 Dec 4, 2008
FOR A FACT wrote:
<quoted text>let me just start by saying that i work on a daily basis with the public and have for about 17 years, i truly love my job but lets get real there are days when we all feel bad and may not be in the chipperest of moods, however you are there to buy the product not make friend , right? unless you work in retail you have no idea how people treat you. they throw wadded up money at you like your there to straighten it out, they decide at the last minute they dont want an item so it is up to you to run and put it back, most are to lazy and sorry to even put the carts back, most cashiers only make min. wage thats not a great deal of money for all of the tasks we have to do then on top of all that there will always be someone who says you arent friendly enough or dont smile that much, well alot of the times i wish people would just get their crap and go on, then other times i am in a big way and will cut up each and every person has those days and the truth aint in ya if you say different, so instead of bitching and griping lets say thanks mighty dollar for the wonderful job you do, my hat goes off to each and every person out there who works retail, ask for a job at one of these places and you might see why a bad mood can be found sometimes!!! have a good day!!
You should have made something of yourself and gone to college to better yourself and gotten a good job instead of laying around speading your legs to every Tom Dick or Harry. Now you're on here crying about having to work crappy jobs for minimum wages .
Christopher

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Dec 4, 2008
Rude people hurt a business in an already bad economy that is danger and that sucks when your spending your hard earned money to be talked down to, and yes i asked her if she had a problem with me, she just ignored it and went on with rude remarks and insults until done checking me out the woman was uncalled for, and just because she was in her 50s does not give her a right to make someone feel like shit sorry but that sucks and is stupid.... you need to get a life..
hamburger wrote:
<quoted text>
rude people have to eat too. sorry she wasn't enough of a robot for you. while I know those experiences are aggravating, it's just as appalling that you would want an old lady to lose her job. does rudeness = loss of ability to provide for self in your playbook of how things equal out? maybe you could have just told the lady you didn't appreciate her attitude but no, you want her to be unable to feed herself.
YOU SUCK!
Erica

Russell Springs, KY

#12 Dec 4, 2008
if doing your job and being friendly to those customers who provide you the job by buying products is so hard, then go draw a check or get a job where no one has to see you, and i have worked in retail when i was younger it is hard people are jerks and want you to rush want you to do everything fast and if not they tell you off or report you to a mananger, BUT! those who are kind to you, you likewise should be kind to them, i never ask for things to be put back or leave my carts sitting nor do i treat the worker disrespectful, i try my very best to be as kind as possible because i know how it is to work in Retail as a Cashier..... so before you go off spouting about me getting a job in retail you need to fist know if i have already had one and many young people get them, and i know The Customer is the reason you keep your job if there is no sales then your butt looses that Min Wage job and you can go search for a new one.... take that into consideration.... thanks and have a nice day!:)
FOR A FACT wrote:
<quoted text>let me just start by saying that i work on a daily basis with the public and have for about 17 years, i truly love my job but lets get real there are days when we all feel bad and may not be in the chipperest of moods, however you are there to buy the product not make friend , right? unless you work in retail you have no idea how people treat you. they throw wadded up money at you like your there to straighten it out, they decide at the last minute they dont want an item so it is up to you to run and put it back, most are to lazy and sorry to even put the carts back, most cashiers only make min. wage thats not a great deal of money for all of the tasks we have to do then on top of all that there will always be someone who says you arent friendly enough or dont smile that much, well alot of the times i wish people would just get their crap and go on, then other times i am in a big way and will cut up each and every person has those days and the truth aint in ya if you say different, so instead of bitching and griping lets say thanks mighty dollar for the wonderful job you do, my hat goes off to each and every person out there who works retail, ask for a job at one of these places and you might see why a bad mood can be found sometimes!!! have a good day!!
FOR A FACT

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Dec 4, 2008
hey wrote:
<quoted text>You should have made something of yourself and gone to college to better yourself and gotten a good job instead of laying around speading your legs to every Tom Dick or Harry. Now you're on here crying about having to work crappy jobs for minimum wages .
EXCUSE ME? where did you get anything about spreading legs? sorry, not me and no iam not crying about anything i am greatful for my job, especially right now when times are so hard. all i said was every one has bad days, obviously your having one today. why do you people have to make something dirty out of everything? oh well no use wasting my time on you!
FOR A FACT

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Dec 4, 2008
Erica wrote:
if doing your job and being friendly to those customers who provide you the job by buying products is so hard, then go draw a check or get a job where no one has to see you, and i have worked in retail when i was younger it is hard people are jerks and want you to rush want you to do everything fast and if not they tell you off or report you to a mananger, BUT! those who are kind to you, you likewise should be kind to them, i never ask for things to be put back or leave my carts sitting nor do i treat the worker disrespectful, i try my very best to be as kind as possible because i know how it is to work in Retail as a Cashier..... so before you go off spouting about me getting a job in retail you need to fist know if i have already had one and many young people get them, and i know The Customer is the reason you keep your job if there is no sales then your butt looses that Min Wage job and you can go search for a new one.... take that into consideration.... thanks and have a nice day!:)
<quoted text>
as for your comment, i wasnt tellimg you in general to get a job, i was saying for those who thought it as so easy, as far as where i work i will always have a job there because people will not stop coming. and yes i agree that when you have a friendly customer you should be equally friendly,i was only trying to make the point that each and everyone of us do have bad days, after all we are only human and it makes me happy to hear you are not one of the "DREADED" customers that so many of us hate to see coming. it is very tough to do a thousand things like gather carts, run items back and tend the register especially now at christmas time with all the shoppers, and around the first of the month is a very tough time too, but i will say once again i am very thankful for my job. i do like it and i like working with the public as well. i try my best to always be friendly and helpful however i am not perfect and i have caught myself being short before, but i am sure we all have at some point in time. thank you and you have a great afternoon!!!!!

“JOANNIE CUNNINGHAM DETRACTOR”

Since: Jun 07

Russell Springs

#15 Dec 4, 2008
maybe if we just swallowed our aggravation and just said 'i'm sorry you're having a bad day, i hope it gets better' you might actually help them have a good day. tell me true now, how many of you have ever had a bad day and a passing person empathized with you for a moment and it lightened you up? like a lot of jobs, retail can be soul crushing. you say it was an old lady... like past retirement age old? and having to work a minimum wage job in old age? think you might be cranky?

and i only say all of this because i'm cranky a lot and hopefully you will pass me and be empathetic towards me...
mee too

Lexington, KY

#16 Dec 4, 2008
there is one really hateful worker in there. i ask for her help and she just ignored me and helped someone else, after all she is one of kmarts rejects they taught her that attitude there i guess.
new workers

Russell Springs, KY

#17 Dec 4, 2008
i hear tina deal is working there-- whats going on, i thought her and mark had plenty of money
bull

Russell Springs, KY

#18 Dec 4, 2008
mee too wrote:
there is one really hateful worker in there. i ask for her help and she just ignored me and helped someone else, after all she is one of kmarts rejects they taught her that attitude there i guess.
hey i know who your talking about and she is far from hateful, she is probably one of the best ones there. she is a great person, she has been through alot. she just lost her only child a while back, i am sure she didnt ignore you probably just didnt hear ya. i can guarantee that you wont find a better person than her, and maybe she just had alot on her mind that day, that wasnt a very nice comment at all that you made and no she is not a k-mart reject, rejects are fired she quit!!! but seriously she would not have ignored you on purpose, had she of known she would have apologized!!!!!
FOR A FACT

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Dec 4, 2008
grokagain wrote:
maybe if we just swallowed our aggravation and just said 'i'm sorry you're having a bad day, i hope it gets better' you might actually help them have a good day. tell me true now, how many of you have ever had a bad day and a passing person empathized with you for a moment and it lightened you up? like a lot of jobs, retail can be soul crushing. you say it was an old lady... like past retirement age old? and having to work a minimum wage job in old age? think you might be cranky?
and i only say all of this because i'm cranky a lot and hopefully you will pass me and be empathetic towards me...
you are sooo right!!! that really does work.a kind word offered can really change a persons whole mood the same as a cruel word,and yeah sometimes its rough especially when people make mean snide comments or act like you are beneath them when in fact if it werent for us blue collared workers they would have no one to sell or even make what they purchase. you know i really enjoy most of the posts i read from you, you seem like a down to earth person just like me, and you speak whats on your mind. those are both very good qualities, have a good-night and god bless.
duh

Russell Springs, KY

#20 Dec 4, 2008
new workers wrote:
i hear tina deal is working there-- whats going on, i thought her and mark had plenty of money
its only part time i hear.suppose to only be through christmas or something. she always seemed pretty nice to me but i dont really know her, she is with kevin now right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min ChromiuMan 156,598
becky polston (Aug '08) 3 hr Sonja 45
Let us all come together and name the RATS of t... 12 hr My name is 10
AA/NA Meetings in Russell County (Jul '10) Thu KGB 16
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Thu hot dog 755
Ashley McFarland Wed Joshy too Hotty 5
damn ugly Russell county women,eewww Wed Joshy 4

Russell Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages