First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Doctor

Columbia, KY

#1 Jun 4, 2012
My husband is going to start Bruss sometime in the next couple weeks. He was told that he would only have to work Sat's every other week but could work all the over time he wants if he wants too. He can't because he has another job (milking). So he needs those Sat's off. I was told that they would lie about it and say that you don't have to work but then they will come and say YOU have to work! So can someone please tell me if this is true or not? Can someone tell me also if their Insurance is good,and is it very long before you can get a raise? I would really appreciate any info anyone can give me on this place and how they treat their people. I know that factories are all alike in some way or another but my husband has a good chance to go to work at Tarters Gates but he will not be able to milk if he does. If anyone can tell me what he can expect going into this place?
Kitty

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jun 4, 2012
As far as I can tell most saturdays are mandatory. I'm through the temp agency though, so i don't know about the insurance or anything.
The Doctor

Columbia, KY

#3 Jun 4, 2012
Kitty wrote:
As far as I can tell most saturdays are mandatory. I'm through the temp agency though, so i don't know about the insurance or anything.
We was told the same thing bout the Sat's. He was told that it was every 1st and 3rd Sat but you could work every Sat if you want...which he can't and milk. I'm not so sure if he will take the job or not now but will see. Do you like it ok, and are the people pretty good to work with. My husband is a real quite guy but a really good worker.
worker

Russell Springs, KY

#4 Jun 5, 2012
bruss is not a bad place to work the work is easy and course you arent gonna have "good" people to work with all the time. you can work all the overtime you want right now it use to be 1st and 3rd sat you had to work but now they have took that sign down. I work the 12 hr shifts Im not sure how the 8s are working on weekends. Insurance is so so the dental is great the health is bluegrass family health. wish you guys luckalso they had had a freeze on our raises like for almost 3 yrs. I think that may have been lifted.
Kitty

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jun 5, 2012
I actually really like it here. I'm hoping to get on full time. I work the 8 hour shift and from what others say they're pretty much mandatory. I could be wrong though as i've only been working there about a week. I think it's a good job, and so far the people have been really nice.
Russell Citizen

Russell Springs, KY

#6 Jun 6, 2012
I have worked at Bruss for 7 years and so far it hasnt been bad. I just depends if you want a job or not.
The Doctor

Columbia, KY

#7 Jun 7, 2012
Thanks to all of you for your info. He hasn't heard from them yet but your info has helped out alot. He will take the job if they call and they said they would for sure.
Facts

Russell Springs, KY

#8 Jun 8, 2012
My son works 1st shift(12hrs)and he works every other Saturday. He has been there almost 3 years and sometimes he says its good and sometimes not so good.All depends on which area you work and who you work with.If your in a cell with 3 people and you are the only one wanting to get the work done then it is not good. Yet, if you are in a cell where everyone in the cell wants to work then its good.
high turn over rate

Russell Springs, KY

#11 Jun 22, 2012
cant keep people, folks just dont wanna accept clocking out for ten minute brakes and being told no when u ask to use a vacation day
roger

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Jun 24, 2012
high turn over rate wrote:
cant keep people, folks just dont wanna accept clocking out for ten minute brakes and being told no when u ask to use a vacation day
Clock out for breaks? Are you serious? How many do you get a day?
high turn over rate

Russell Springs, KY

#13 Jun 24, 2012
yes , u get two plus 30 minute lunch off the clock plus u get docked 15 additional minutes if late
KittenLover

Russell Springs, KY

#14 Jun 29, 2012
The Doctor wrote:
My husband is going to start Bruss sometime in the next couple weeks. He was told that he would only have to work Sat's every other week but could work all the over time he wants if he wants too. He can't because he has another job (milking). So he needs those Sat's off. I was told that they would lie about it and say that you don't have to work but then they will come and say YOU have to work! So can someone please tell me if this is true or not? Can someone tell me also if their Insurance is good,and is it very long before you can get a raise? I would really appreciate any info anyone can give me on this place and how they treat their people. I know that factories are all alike in some way or another but my husband has a good chance to go to work at Tarters Gates but he will not be able to milk if he does. If anyone can tell me what he can expect going into this place?
If he has a better option he should take it. i worked at bruss and i actually am hoping to go back soon. im not saying its bad. its easy work, most of the people there are cool. but they are kind of strict. i guess thast a good thing but they can get rediculous. when i worked there it was every other saturday, but that could have changed. i have never seen a mandatory sunday. their insurance... idk i have heard good and bad things about it. i had it but never had to use it while i was there so i dont know personally. i heard that you get promised certain things but when time comes to use it it just doesnt work or they find an excuse to deny it. and not a lot of places in russell springs takes the dental. you have computers in the cell you work in and if you work in the way back you have to clock out on YOUR computer and clock back in on YOUR computer and thats a pain because you clock out, walk for three minutes break for 4 minutes walk back for 3 minutes to clock in it really kills your breaks. so all in all if he needs a job badly take it but if he has better options i wouldnt suggest it. and they go through people like crazy. i seen 113 people go in 3 months, no joke.
slave labor

Russell Springs, KY

#18 Jul 20, 2012
cant see selling my soul to em
employee

Russell Springs, KY

#19 Jul 22, 2012
you do have to clock in and out on break but they do allow you 2 or three min leeway to get back to your work area due to the walking back and forth issue to go take your break. they do dock your pay if you are any later.
concerned

Jamestown, KY

#20 Jul 24, 2012
They were firing people right and left for simple little things. Even talking while working. They say that it slows down production. I am looking else where. I can understand if people miss alot or do not do the job. If they are doing the job and getting out their quota they should be allowed to talk while they work. It helps to pass the time and for most, it helps to improve their productivity.
Curious

United States

#21 Jul 24, 2012
Are they currently hiring?
wow

Russell Springs, KY

#22 Jul 27, 2012
had a job fair but nobody came
job searcher

Leitchfield, KY

#24 Jul 29, 2012
wow wrote:
had a job fair but nobody came
how much do they pay an hour?
Running

Hodgenville, KY

#25 Jul 30, 2012
8 an hour
maybe

Russell Springs, KY

#26 Aug 2, 2012
when will they start hiring again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 131,380
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 15 hr BIG_STEVIE 493
election 17 hr culture vulture 18
PremierTox (Feb '14) Sat wants to know 16
Debate: Gay Marriage - Russell Springs, KY (Jul '10) Sat Brian_G 33,944
RS City Council Pay Raise Oct 15 Tell me 49
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) Oct 13 Dill 687
Russell Springs Dating
Find my Match

Russell Springs Jobs

Russell Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Russell Springs News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Russell Springs