KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy af...

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation

There are 270 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Jan 5, 2013, titled KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation By Larry Smith, FM 92.7, the WAVE Russell County Deputy Sheriff Nick Bertram was arrested on Friday evening, by Kentucky State Trooper Martin Wesley of KSP Post 15, Columbia, KY, and charged with 3rd Degree Burglary, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Tampering ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

sadbreath

AOL

#301 Jan 10, 2013
i wonder if the state police will frisk and tear apart all the cars of the politicians and 'local' police men they happen pull over,.... in these so called 'safety checks'
LOLOLOLOLOL

Elizabethtown, KY

#302 Jan 10, 2013
sadbreath wrote:
i wonder if the state police will frisk and tear apart all the cars of the politicians and 'local' police men they happen pull over,.... in these so called 'safety checks'
Oh nooooooooooooooooo. Those get a wave through and a stiff, respectful nod. It's those of us with mud on our quarter panels, dirty ashtrays and no turtle wax shine that gets checked out. That's Kentucky profiling.
Puh lease

Elizabethtown, KY

#303 Jan 10, 2013
please wrote:
<quoted text>
they are right! DUI's may be misdemeanor, but go take a look at your license. Who signed it? My point exactly.
Your garbageman probably has a misdemeanor or two. Does Tony's record have any affect on your license? Does it not work because he signed it? Pretty weak points. This is the "rag on Nick" thread. You want one of the 30 "rag on Tony" threads.
interesting

Jamestown, KY

#305 Jan 10, 2013
Shame that Nick is having to suffer through this. He is just a nice young man and it seems that he somehow was doing too good a job and others thought they would set him up. Hopefully the truth will come out.
please

Russell Springs, KY

#307 Jan 10, 2013
Watch the Left wrote:
<quoted text> Your theory may make a little more sense if he wasnt also charged with two other felonies. You failed to address the tampering and stolen property charges. My point about the marijuana is that they arent going to allow themselves to be caught in a conspiracy by some little misdemeanor charge of possession of a small amount of marijuana so why charge him with that and leave that door open. All the deputy would have to do to put a hole in their theory is too submit to a blood test...if it was a set up that is. Then if he disproves the marijuana that would automatically put the rest of the charges in doubt. Getting the picture yourself now? The marijuana charge is nothing compared to his real issues. Keep drinking the kool aide though, in a few months when all of the evidence is presented your kind wont be able to be found on this subject. I do wonder though...will there be any other bodies thrown under the bus over this?
Actually, they've dropped the charges with the tampering & stolen property, for your information. http://lakercountry.com/2013/01/05/update-rus...
please

Russell Springs, KY

#308 Jan 10, 2013
Puh lease wrote:
<quoted text>
Your garbageman probably has a misdemeanor or two. Does Tony's record have any affect on your license? Does it not work because he signed it? Pretty weak points. This is the "rag on Nick" thread. You want one of the 30 "rag on Tony" threads.
you've failed at attempt to argue my point. I could care less about Tony's drinking issues. If he hasn't been forced to give up his position, neither should Nick. That's all I'm pointing out.
really

Bardstown, KY

#313 Jan 11, 2013
The difference is that Tony doesn't have a job that makes him responsible for arresting drunk drivers. He doesn't even decide who gets their license. All he does is issue them. I wouldn't use the "look at the other guy defense". If I actually liked Nick I would not be posting on this thread and would be hoping the publicity died down.
Unbelievable

Russell Springs, KY

#314 Jan 11, 2013
I am not saying that Nick did do what he was accused of but like any one else he is innocent until proven guilty. However I do not think that he was set up by another cop. Setting up is not the game for these cops. I think that Martin Wesley is a EXCELLENT trooper. He is probably one of my favorite troopers at that. He is a good person and has NO motive at all for setting Nick up. So everyone who is accusing Martin of setting Nick up just shake that idea out of your head.
Unbelievable

Russell Springs, KY

#315 Jan 11, 2013
Also let me state that alot of you are saying that they set nick up so that he wouldn't win the election for sheriff. Just let me say that Lee Smith is a mighty fine person and he got it because he deserved it he didn't need to set up Nick to win. Yeah it's terrible that it happened and I honestly feel sympathy for Nick but it happened and it's over. No more TEAM NICK... Stop thinking that a cop set him up.
i want to know

Russell Springs, KY

#317 Jan 11, 2013
Unbelievable wrote:
Also let me state that alot of you are saying that they set nick up so that he wouldn't win the election for sheriff. Just let me say that Lee Smith is a mighty fine person and he got it because he deserved it he didn't need to set up Nick to win. Yeah it's terrible that it happened and I honestly feel sympathy for Nick but it happened and it's over. No more TEAM NICK... Stop thinking that a cop set him up.
We can think what ever we want to think. Thank you very much. And did somebody call out lee's name ? There is more than lee in this town.
right

Russell Springs, KY

#319 Jan 11, 2013
GoNick wrote:
Why should Nick get suspension from being the sheriff because he got arrested? You don't see Tony Kerr or Matthew Leveridge forced out of office do you for multiple DUI's do you? No, you don't. I have my points.
AMEN!!!
right right

Russell Springs, KY

#320 Jan 11, 2013
really wrote:
This is bordering on mentally deficient. If you are really Team Nick or whatever you call yourselves,you'd be better off not keeping the posts going on Topix and focusing on getting him a good lawyer.

These off the wall conspiracy theories aren't making him look better,it's making you all look like customers of his alleged business.
Customer ? Of his business yep a welding company ill take a few gates to gate my pony in damn right ! And an other thing you should be a shamed of yourself I bet your momma is for you have no right to judge other they can say what ever they like and if you don't like it shut your mouth up an stay off here!
yar

Ferguson, KY

#325 Jan 11, 2013
i want to know wrote:
<quoted text>
We can think what ever we want to think. Thank you very much. And did somebody call out lee's name ? There is more than lee in this town.
Nick never had a chance to win the election nor does Lee ! Lee was handed job because he needs almost 2 years until retirement,then the job will be handed to Clete,who will be sheriff until he retires ! All about politics and money ! Sell-a-job is what i call it. Nice Christmas bonus in Larry's stocking this year ! Think people,why did Clete not get the job ? Enough said !
strobed

Russell Springs, KY

#326 Jan 11, 2013
c-ville girl wrote:
I know he is crooked, he arrested my future husband. He is friends with the ex wife and set him up. Now he is in the pen for 7 years because of them. I hope they fry his a**.
Tell the truth about how really your future husband is a low life and you are just a homley skank that could'nt do any better and chose to believe anything from a dead beat in the name of love.
Littleboy

Russell Springs, KY

#328 Jan 11, 2013
Watch the Left wrote:
<quoted text> Your theory may make a little more sense if he wasnt also charged with two other felonies. You failed to address the tampering and stolen property charges. My point about the marijuana is that they arent going to allow themselves to be caught in a conspiracy by some little misdemeanor charge of possession of a small amount of marijuana so why charge him with that and leave that door open. All the deputy would have to do to put a hole in their theory is too submit to a blood test...if it was a set up that is. Then if he disproves the marijuana that would automatically put the rest of the charges in doubt. Getting the picture yourself now? The marijuana charge is nothing compared to his real issues. Keep drinking the kool aide though, in a few months when all of the evidence is presented your kind wont be able to be found on this subject. I do wonder though...will there be any other bodies thrown under the bus over this?
Do you recall where the (suspected) stolen merchandise somehow ended up .AH A possible sheriff deputy candidate! Come on read between the lines ,Just wait & see if Im wrong .
Sherlock

United States

#332 Jan 12, 2013
Sounds like a civil matter to me. As for the meth labs, they were nuterlized they have absolutely no value or use to any one. Much to do about nothing.
Pathetic

United States

#334 Jan 12, 2013
Can you imagine what fools you must look like to him, especially if he's guilty and reading all these supportive posts? UGH.
Truth

Russell Springs, KY

#336 Jan 12, 2013
The truth will come out. Po po are setting up Nick because he worked hard and did his job. Crazy stuff goes on in old Russell county!!!
SupportNick

Russell Springs, KY

#337 Jan 12, 2013
People in this county are really low. Don't get on here & talk shit about something you know absolutely nothing about. We should be supporting him, not exchanging rude rumors that you all seem to make up about the situation. He's done a lot for this county, & he doesn't deserve this negativity! It definitely isn't our problem solver here. If you live in this county & have any sense at all, you will know that he is a good man, & this was all a big confusion. We love you Nick! Don't let this bring you down!
Deputy2012

United States

#340 Jan 13, 2013
How many of you came to James Bunch's defense during his scandal? Nick is charged with a worse offense than James' offense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min uMoron 143,069
Debate: Gay Marriage - Russell Springs, KY (Jul '10) 1 hr yeah 35,950
Thousands rally in KY to support clerks religio... 1 hr ChristianLiberty 4
McDonalds Wrong Order (Jan '08) 13 hr ha 181
Russell County Wet/Dry Vote 14 hr Southerners 3
Poll In Favor of Legal Russell County Alcohol Sales Fri oddie 8
ring for sale! Aug 27 needing to sell 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Russell Springs Mortgages