Sonny

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Thank you! It is hard to not consider the money factor when you are forced to do the right thing!!! I lost my Father In-law who lived with us in my home for 5 years 8 months ago. There was also. He had no life insurance or any money for a proper burial. Money is necessary so you can do what is right and respectful. There aren't many charities or people that will help you with these expenses if you are not extremely poor. I am not poor just a poor middle class paycheck to paycheck sucker. That has no savings for an incident like this. I Hate to make loans & use credit cards. It's not about the greed of money!!! It's about responsibility to do what is right and respectful!!! Tried to save the poor pup and Vet bills are expensive. No Charity would offer help I tried that route.
well

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2012

Judged:

so you let your poor doggie die because you are too cheap to pay the vet bills to save his life. so what'd you do with your father in laws body after he died to keep from paying funeral expenses? roll him up in some old carpet and dump him in the woods or maybe the river?
read

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2012

To the last comment go bank and read her post again. She clearly stated the dog was put to sleep because he had to much physical harm done to him! She done the right thing so it didn't have to suffer.
MsDimples

Ellensburg, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

I live in a rural area. We rent 1 or 2 homes on 10 acre parcel & share a horseshoe driveway w/ the tenant of the other home. Friday morning I received a text message from my neighbor asking me to go check on my dogs because she thought she may have hit something. We both have dogs that we both allow to run free on our property & they all play together very well. I'd gone back to bed after letting mine out, so I did not get the message to 3 hrs. later. She said all the dogs were out and she didn't see anything, but "something {didn't} feel right" to her. When I went out I found my Lucy lying next to the driveway dead. Where do I stand legally? Not that that is my big concern, but I'd like to hear what others have to say. My issue is that this woman did not have the courtesy to stop and knock on my door to tell me. Not your typical hit & run. We are still in shock.
Leash law

Bee Spring, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

If you care about your dogs you will either have a fence for them to roam around in "safely" OR you will have them "on leash" with you when they are out where harm could come to them or others. It truly is that simple. There IS a leash law required for dogs who are out in an unfenced area.

The other issue is how you "assumed" just because a neighbor had a dog she/he would do the right thing when it came to YOUR dogs. No one will care for any dog in quite the same way as the next person with a dog. It's a shame this person didn't have any care or concern for any of the dogs there, quite obviously, as evidenced by their lack of action. Doesn't sound like a good dog owner or a good neighbor.

When we take a dog into our home & our life. It becomes our sole responsibility. Not our neighbors, not the guy down the road, not someone driving by. We are responsible for the care, the love, well being, and general welfare of that dog. No one else. Just us. It is up to each & every dig owner to assure their pet is kept out of harms warm.... Whatever it takes to assure that. It would be nice to think a dog is safe when he's having fun roaming free, but he is not safe. We appoint ourselves our digs caretaker when we bring them into our lives.

If we are not caring for them as we should..... We should not try to place blame on someone else when they get injured or killed. We should kick our own self in the behind (that's where the blame lies) & vow to never be so
foolish & unthinking again. And try our best to do better for any future dog we may be fortunate enough to have to share its life with us and love us. If we don't care and protect them..... Who will !!
Sonny

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Your obviously didn't read my posting. The dog was on a leash and in my yard which is fenced in!!! I am and have always been an dog owner for 20 years or more. Never has anything like this ever happened to me or my dogs. There are laws for drivers and people to follow. Doesn't anybody have any morals or respect anymore. It is possible for accidents to happen. A dog can get out the door and or loose from a leash, dig a hole & go through it. And because it is an animal it doesn't have the intellect of a human. It doesn't know what a car is or that it will kill them. Do we keep them confined and chained and bound 24/7 all the time. That would be just cruel! Not blaming anyone here. More upset that the heartless ass didn't come to my door to let me know. That is just the right thing to do! Most likely the car was speeding in an alley that has a speed limit of 15 mph.
BARF

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Sonny wrote:
Your obviously didn't read my posting. The dog was on a leash and in my yard which is fenced in!!! I am and have always been an dog owner for 20 years or more. Never has anything like this ever happened to me or my dogs. There are laws for drivers and people to follow. Doesn't anybody have any morals or respect anymore. It is possible for accidents to happen. A dog can get out the door and or loose from a leash, dig a hole & go through it. And because it is an animal it doesn't have the intellect of a human. It doesn't know what a car is or that it will kill them. Do we keep them confined and chained and bound 24/7 all the time. That would be just cruel! Not blaming anyone here. More upset that the heartless ass didn't come to my door to let me know. That is just the right thing to do! Most likely the car was speeding in an alley that has a speed limit of 15 mph.
Most likely,yes..........the person should have filed a claim aginst your home owners insurance for repairs to the car
Help KY FINEST

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Judged:

BARF wrote:
<quoted text>Most likely,yes..........the person should have filed a claim aginst your home owners insurance for repairs to the car
If i were on a jury. First thing i'd ask, was the person driving in full control of their vehicle. Was they counting something when pulling out? Looking off you know. See if the dog was half on the side of the road. County, where vehicles are not suppose to be. I would rule in favor of the owner. Residential..seems you'd be more aware. What if it had been a child?
BARF

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2012

Help KY FINEST wrote:
<quoted text> If i were on a jury. First thing i'd ask, was the person driving in full control of their vehicle. Was they counting something when pulling out? Looking off you know. See if the dog was half on the side of the road. County, where vehicles are not suppose to be. I would rule in favor of the owner. Residential..seems you'd be more aware. What if it had been a child?
Who would be walking a child restrained by a leash next to a road?You really want to hear a sad poem about a dog go to you tube Jimmy Stewert /Johnny Carson poem ,I cried.
Pepper

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2013

Just because the dog is on a residential road, you can not just him, in a residential area driver should always watch, things happen and dogs run away sometimes when you open a garage door, does not give you the right to kill him. Drive carefully in a residential and you will see them all: children that run away too and dogs and whatever else may happen to be on the road
killer

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2013

thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 31 of31
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Russell Springs Forum right now

Search the Russell Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min chinwendu1 127,988
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 24 min Cornelius Scudmister 144,910
Is talking to people of the opposite sex, cheat... (Mar '11) 35 min please 24
Men who go 4 younger girls 40 min K 28
County Industrial Development Board 1 hr johnnieBgood 39
Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 7 hr BIG_STEVIE 450
Parking for Handicapped Goof 23 hr call 6
•••
•••
•••
Russell Springs Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Russell Springs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••