Best Veterinarians in Russell/Flatwoods Area

Posted in the Russell Forum

Since: Apr 11

Georgetown, KY

#1 Jun 18, 2011
We recently adopted a Persian kitten, and by recently I mean today. We know he's already had his first set of shots today, plus he was dewormed yesterday (we have documentation as proof), but we would still like to have him checked out soon.

Also, we want to have him neutered and possibly declawed when the time is right.

We live in the Russell/Flatwoods area, and I've seen several vets and animal clinics very close to where we live, but I don't know who to go to.

Whom would you recommend for feline care? I'm asking in terms of quality, but would also like to hear about prices and affordability.

Here are the ones that are located nearby. Would anyone recommend any of these? Any others?

Ursula Nance DVM - All About Animals Veterinary

Bellefonte Animal Clinic

Guardian Animal Medical Center

Adams Veterinary Clinic

Amy Bess Dgn DVM

Colonial Animal Clinic

M J Wixsom MS DVM
Str8talk

Ashland, KY

#2 Jun 18, 2011
All About Animals is #1 to me/ Ursula Nance DVM

Gardian animal Clinic/ Dr Wixsom is good too, but she's is a bit eccentric.
animal lover

Michigan City, IN

#4 Jun 22, 2011
Do NOT go to Guardian (Wixom). She kept one of my cats for 4 days without doing any xrays or testing and claimed she had an infection. When the cat returned, and was still deathly sick, we took her for a second opinion. She had swallowed a decorative stone and it was stuck in her intestines. If Wixom had completed proper testing and care, our cat would not have almost died and we would not have had a $400 vet bill.
str8talk

Ashland, KY

#6 Jun 24, 2011
I admit I have never taken an animal to Wixsom, but I know people that like her as a vet and speak highly of her. She also is sanctioned by the Government to doctor and rehab any protected species such as eagle and falcons that are injured. She is only one of a handful in this part of the country that has this distiction. So..I doubt if she's a big quack as you say. Every Vet and/or Dr. has had problems in diagnosis from time to time, so one instance doesn't make her a bad vet.
chapang

Ashland, KY

#7 Oct 4, 2012
All About Animals is the best!
Animal lover

Richmond, KY

#8 Oct 4, 2012
All About Animals/ Ursula Nance hands down. Best vet ever. Her office staff is wonderful too.
Just ask Him

Danielson, CT

#9 Oct 21, 2012
Guardian (Wixom) is the only vet that I trust. Her work on the animals is as if they were her own pets. I was shocked (& guilty) with how much she petted and loved on our 3 dogs... I have went to every vet in this area. Honestly, I was treated rudely but once Wixom came to town I have went to her only. She has cared for our pets (that are 3 big babies because my husband spoils them) to the point that I often thought she is spoiling these dogs as much as my husband does. Anyone can clearly see that she loves her job. She saved my dogs life; as Twinkles fought for her life and within the last few hours had left. She is even fair with her prices; she really cares for every animal as she does her own. Hope this helps.
pet owner

Ashland, KY

#10 Oct 29, 2012
I can't say enough great things about Guardian and Dr Wixom. She all about the animals. If you care about your pet and want the best care for him, she's the one to go to.
Jen

Hurricane, WV

#11 Mar 7, 2013
Guardian Animal Medical Center. Dr Wixom hands down she is the best. She saved my Koko's life.
RHS Parent

Alexandria, VA

#12 Mar 9, 2013
We like Amy Bess at Bellefonte Animal Clinic. Tried Guardian once was not impressed. Felt they were just out for money.
Jen

Hurricane, WV

#13 Mar 9, 2013
Trust me...she isnt. She worked with me.
Loves animals

Richmond, KY

#14 Mar 12, 2013
I wouldn't take any animal to Bellefonte Animal Clinic. My dog had surgery and was having complications when I got home. I called to talk to the vet and was told she had left and I wasn't going to talk to her. I never got a callback. My little guy didn't take a drink or eat a bite for 2 days post surgery.
'This was the poorest care I could have ever imagine. That being said, Dr Nance at All about Animals is wonderful and so is her staff.
I took my little guy there for medical care and doggie daycare. I can't say enough about this office.
thisdude

Russell, KY

#15 Apr 17, 2013
Colonial animal clinic...my dog loves it there,
Great people...they went out of their way to help a stray very sick dog that I brought in...
dave

Raleigh, NC

#16 Apr 21, 2013
found a dog that was hit hard,took to guardian.didn't know who's dog it was.had to pay 100.00 to put dog down.then another 100.00 to send off for rabies test.it was a doberman,when lifting in back of my truck it bareley bit me from the pain it was in.friendly bit to say it hurt.they turned that in to the county whom reinbursted me.worth every penny it was cold and rainy,hated seeing it suffer along roadway.
Jen

Saint Albans, WV

#17 Apr 22, 2013
=( poor furbaby. Glad you came along to help it.
been to them all

Ironton, OH

#18 May 3, 2013
I will just put them in order from best to worst

1. colonial the BEST
2.All about animals
3. Dr.wixon
4.bellefonte clinic
5. Adam's I will not take any pets back there but some people do like him
WVGal

Ashland, KY

#19 May 3, 2013
Stay away from Dr.wixon "Guardian" , I took my baby there and will never take her back, does not listen to the Owner and gives out meds that do not help
DUDDLEY

Tacoma, WA

#20 May 8, 2013
I can tell you Colonial put my cat under for a teeth cleaning and could not bring him out of anesthesia. I lost the best cat in this world, they even said he was prefectly healthly. Thanks for not doing whatever it took to keep him breathing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min LMAO 5,271
Facebook school threats 11 min total stupidity 27
What creates a corrupt Flatwoods city politicia... 26 min Wondering 33
Women who have had abortions 28 min pathetic 12
Column: David Edwards, another lottery loser (Aug '07) 30 min Pink Elephant 590
Who won pageant today 56 min wondering 1
fairview 1 hr John Paul 458
•••
•••
•••