Mom

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2012

I can't believe it but here's another from WSAZ today! Also a felony in WV. Carries a 1-5 year sentence.

HUNTINGTON, W.Va.(WSAZ)-- A Huntington man is facing charges after shooting his mother's dog.

According to the criminal complaint, Justin Pettaway, 25, of Huntington, W.Va., is being charged with wanton endangerment, cruelty to animals, escape, brandishing, persons prohibited from possessing firearms, domestic assault and obstructing.

On Friday, Pettaway asked his mother to buy him a calling card in order to call his wife in South America and his mother refused, according to the complaint.

Pettaway then left the home and came back a short time later while his mother was sleeping. According to the complaint, Pettaway went into her room and shot her American Bulldog with a pistol. His mother immediately woke up, left the house and called 911.

According to the complaint, when West Virginia State Police Trooper Hash got to the home he talked to Pettaway and got the response of "I don't know what you are talking about." Pettaway was placed in the back of the cruiser in order to secure the scene.

While Trooper Hash was standing on the front porch of the home he noticed Pettaway trying to escape the cruiser. According to the complaint, the Trooper Hash rushed to the car and had a short struggle with Pettaway and then placed him in a restraint.

According to the complaint, Pettaway then showed officers where the gun was hidden in a wooded area near 14th Street and 10th Avenue.

Trooper Hash took Pettaway to WVSP Barracks and performed a gun shot residue test, which was sent to the state lab.

While at the barracks, according to the complaint, Pettaway admitted to buying the gun a few months ago and to shooting his mother's dog.

Pettaway is being held in the Western Regional Jail in lieu of $99,000 bail. He is scheduled to be in court on October 9 at 10:30 a.m.
Dog Breath

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 5, 2012

What a waste if good meat. Could have made all kinds if dog jerky with those dogs!

Dogs make good eatin!!! I steal a dog to eat at least once a month.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Russell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Republicans Are S... 150,064
fairview 33 min Fairview affiliate 98
Brad Peterman (Sep '10) 34 min mayorOfAssland 12
Married Lady 39 min Good guy 12
Looking for Diamond Lewis 52 min Tyler Durden 32
Kdmc plans to lay off again 1 hr Tracie 49
the ralph morman band (Apr '11) 1 hr ReadyOnTheFiringLine 43

Search the Russell Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Greenup County was issued at August 22 at 5:00AM EDT

•••
•••

Russell Jobs