Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Judged:

What is going on at the hospital? why are they so short handed that the patients have to hire private nurses or sitters? My friends husband is a patient and she had to stay with him for 36 hrs, and when she told them she had to leave for awhile to get some rest, she was told she would have to hire a private nurse or sitter to sit with him because they did not have time to deal with such a sick patient. Why do we pay 3 to 5 thousand dollars a day? If they are not capible enough to care for a sick person, why is the hospital open? I thought that when it became a part of ETMC that all this kind of crap would stop. But obviously it hasn't. If anyone can answer any of these questions, please chime in. I am furious, as is my friend. Thank goodness she had the forsight to hit the record button on her phone when they told her that or no one would believe it. I told her she should sue them. She took him to the hospital because he had gotten too bad to care for him at home and she was exhausted. They made her feel so quilty about leaving that she went home, showered, and went back for another 12 hrs until she finally talked them into moving him to ICU. These idiot nurses need to take the feelings of the family members into consideration before they start spewing thier guilt trips on them. My friend had not slept in 4 days before she took him up there as a last resort. She has spent every minuete of everyday caring for him for the past 5 years, and for them to make her feel as though she was neglecting him is very upsetting. Let me know what you think.
mfc

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

I attended a board meeting once here in the Crockett E.T.M.C. Hospital.
After the meeting it was rather evident that the waring factions were more interested in agendas than proper care.
Not sure who was right or who was wrong but they were a disaster. Probably the same there?
Angry friend

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2009

Judged:

They are sooooooo rude. I just returned from a visit, I can not believe some of these nurses are not in jail for elderly abuse! My friend is having her husband transfered to Trinity Mother Francis in the morning. They have assured her at that hospital that they have enough staff so she wont have to pay for a nurse if she needs to leave to eat or sleep! There is a nurse at Henderson who has a accent like she is from Austrailia, her name starts with an S, she should be fired for treating the patients the way she does. They ask her questions and she wont say a word, and when she does speak, it is only to yell at them. She was in with an elderly lady and we could hear her screaming at her for not calling for a nurse and she soiled her bed. It has to be hard enough to be in a situation where you can not care for yourself, and for this nurse to strip her of any dignity she has left made me want to cry. It is a shame that our healthcare system has come to this. The bottom line in all that matters to the hospital. It is no wonder the mortality rate up there is so high!
ETMC employee

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2009

Judged:

I think what everyone fails to remember is that we are only human! We also have bad days and then have to come to work where we are understaffed, overworked, and 5 nurses have called in "sick". I was one of the nurses on duty on the 4th floor when "angry friends" friend was admitted. He was a very difficult patient and we did not have the staff to properly take care of him. It is not uncommon for us to suggest that family members either stay with the patient or hire an outside service to come in and care for the family member. When I first started nursing, this practice was unheard of, but with the staff cutbacks and lack of skilled caregivers at the hospital, we have no choice but to require the family to hire an outside service. It is very sad, but we have no choice. In is not uncommon for us to only see each patient on our floor 1 time during a 12 hr shift. We simply dont have enough time. Not to mention that some of the staff that has been hired are less than energetic to say the least. They will sit at the station with a patients alarm going off for hours and wait for another nurse to check on it. Sadly the only solution to this problem is the hospital to offer a better hiring package and get better quality staff. The old saying is true, you get what you pay for. As for the family members, if you care at all about your loved one, you would not leave them alone in a hospital for any amount of time. Stop thinking about yourself and stay when you are needed. We are not a babysitting service for your sick family just because you dont feel like dealing with them at home.
P--sed off

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2010

Judged:

ETMC employee wrote:
I think what everyone fails to remember is that we are only human! We also have bad days and then have to come to work where we are understaffed, overworked, and 5 nurses have called in "sick". I was one of the nurses on duty on the 4th floor when "angry friends" friend was admitted. He was a very difficult patient and we did not have the staff to properly take care of him. It is not uncommon for us to suggest that family members either stay with the patient or hire an outside service to come in and care for the family member. When I first started nursing, this practice was unheard of, but with the staff cutbacks and lack of skilled caregivers at the hospital, we have no choice but to require the family to hire an outside service. It is very sad, but we have no choice. In is not uncommon for us to only see each patient on our floor 1 time during a 12 hr shift. We simply dont have enough time. Not to mention that some of the staff that has been hired are less than energetic to say the least. They will sit at the station with a patients alarm going off for hours and wait for another nurse to check on it. Sadly the only solution to this problem is the hospital to offer a better hiring package and get better quality staff. The old saying is true, you get what you pay for. As for the family members, if you care at all about your loved one, you would not leave them alone in a hospital for any amount of time. Stop thinking about yourself and stay when you are needed. We are not a babysitting service for your sick family just because you dont feel like dealing with them at home.
How dare you try to make a patients family feel bad for not staying with the patient 24/7. That is your damned job, if you cant handle a sick person, you are in the wrong profession. To even suggest that the family should either stay or hire someone is insane. The price that we all pay for healthcare should certainly include nursing services. It is idiots like you that give HMH-ETMC a bad name. Sounds to me like you should only work with comatose patients. Or mayge at a funeral home, you can voice your anger on dead ears. You really should consider counseling or a new job!
To-fatazz nurse

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Judged:

What is the deal with that fat blond nurse in the ER? I have never seen a ruder person in all my days. We had to go to the ER a few nights ago and the place was packed. She proceeded to sit on her big FAT ass and eat an entire pizza while all the rooms were full as was the waiting room. She finally waddled down the hall pointed at rooms shouting,"you can go home", "You will be going to ICU" "You need to go to Tyler" etc. And then she plopped her FAT ass back in her chair and drank a soda. The other nurse on duty was almost in tears, she was doing the best she could, but she had her hands full with a critical patient. I really hope someone from ETMC reads this and fires the fat blond with filthy pink scrubs from the ER. And before anyone starts on me, yes I did fill out the comment card and also filed a complaint!
NotThereMuchLong er

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Judged:

ETMC Henderon was recently bought by ETMC whose only concern is money- period. The Administrators are the ones you should be mad at- not the staff. The Administrators decide how many nurses will be working and who is hired and fired. And they will squeeze as much work as they can out of as few staff as possible so they can earn their administrative bonuses. I work there and the place is severely understaffed, even dangerously so. ETMC would rather spend thousands on their assanine " WOW" patient satisfaction program (which accomplishes nothing) than spend the same money hiring enough staff to handle the place. And since no one wants to work there, they cannot get rid of the fat nurse in the pink scrubs in the ER as much as WE would like to see her go. We have had many nurses and doctors quit recently including the only surgeon, and the ER nurse Director quit- to go work in a Funeral home !!! Don't blame the staff there- blame the fat ass Administrators who run the place !!! But good luck finding them- they are very good at hiding who they are and keeping a low profile from angry patients , despite the fact that they run EVERYTHING there- even the doctors. If I get sick, I'm going to Mother Frances !
NotThereMuchLong er

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

Judged:

And all of this is going to get much, much worse with Obamacare. Many of you will wish we had this system back once the drastic cuts start happening.
ETMC Adm

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2010

P--sed off wrote:
<quoted text>How dare you try to make a patients family feel bad for not staying with the patient 24/7. That is your damned job, if you cant handle a sick person, you are in the wrong profession. To even suggest that the family should either stay or hire someone is insane. The price that we all pay for healthcare should certainly include nursing services. It is idiots like you that give HMH-ETMC a bad name. Sounds to me like you should only work with comatose patients. Or mayge at a funeral home, you can voice your anger on dead ears. You really should consider counseling or a new job!
You are correct in your statement that the family should not be required to hire an outside service to sit with thier ill family, but unfortunatly, that is what it has come to. When we were taken over by ETMC, it became very clear, very fast, that patient care was not a priority. It all comes down to money, as with any business in this day and time. The quality of patient care is at an all time low. The reason for this is simple, anyone who has a licence can work at the Henderson facility, regardless of thier work history or how many complaints have been filed against them. These nurses are the only ones who will work for the meger salary that is offered, because they would not be allowed to practice anywhere else. Therefore as the saying goes, "shit runs down hill". Bad nurses= bad patient care. There has been many cases of wrongful death because of neglect than anywhere I have ever worked. If the families of the deceased knew what actually happened to thier loved ones, there would be several more lawsuits against them. I have recently quite my job at ETMC because I could not be a part of that anymore. I pray everyday that somehow, someone can stop the insanity that goes on there. Patients are not admitted to the hospital unless they are very sick, and you need quality care to take care of persons who are that sick, and HMH is not the place to get that care. Go to Tyler or Longview, please!
HIPBUG

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2010

Judged:

WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD ANYBODY TAKE THEIR LOVED ONES TO HENDERSON. IT WILL NEVER CHANGE. MOST NURSES EXCEPT A FEW I WOULD NOT LET THEM TAKE CARE OF MY SICK DOG. WITH THE TURN AROUND I WONDER WHY SOME OF THE GOOD ONE'S GO ELSE WHERE AND SHUT THAT NASTY DUMP DOWN!!!!!!
Butters

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

Judged:

The problem with the ER there is that everybody in the county thinks it's a free clinic and go there for trivial complaints. If you're stuck there waiting in the ER, look around at what the people are there for- colds, ingrown toenails, and other cr*p that clogs the system and makes people with real problems have to wait forever. As they say-"you can't fix stupid".
HIPBUG

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2010

Butters wrote:
The problem with the ER there is that everybody in the county thinks it's a free clinic and go there for trivial complaints. If you're stuck there waiting in the ER, look around at what the people are there for- colds, ingrown toenails, and other cr*p that clogs the system and makes people with real problems have to wait forever. As they say-"you can't fix stupid".
AMEN WELL SAID
NotThereMuchLong er

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2010

You said it perfectly
MFC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

NotThereMuchLonger wrote:
And all of this is going to get much, much worse with Obamacare. Many of you will wish we had this system back once the drastic cuts start happening.
Please be so kind as to explain why. Seems pretty easy to improve on what I'm reading here?
Of course, you probably don't know a damned thing about the bill.
NotThereMuchLong er

Henderson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

MFC wrote:
<quoted text>
Please be so kind as to explain why. Seems pretty easy to improve on what I'm reading here?
Of course, you probably don't know a damned thing about the bill.
I've read most of the bill- have you? The first thing that is going to happen is a 21% cut in Medicare payments to hospitals. Care will immediately suffer. Then there are other massive cuts in store in order to pay for this monstrosity over the next few years. Look forward to all Hospitals becoming just like the VA hospitals. You'll be waiting months for most tests, if you can find a doctor or hospital to see you. The VA is the government Health care system and it's not pretty.
MFC

Granbury, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2010

Judged:

The medicare money is to be re-aligned and covered under different plans.
Shoot, even AARP backs the plan.

Quit listening to Fox.
NotThereMuchLong er

Tyler, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2010

Judged:

MFC wrote:
The medicare money is to be re-aligned and covered under different plans.
Shoot, even AARP backs the plan.
Quit listening to Fox.
Quit listening to Obama's smoke and mirrors about the money. There is little left and it's going fast. We are in for some very hard times due to Obama's manical spending. If this idiot had ever had a real job, he would understand it.
Quit listening to MSNBC.
And AARP no longer backs the plan because of the blatant lies they were told. Look at the mammogram issue- they haven't taken over Healthcare yet and they are already proposing cuts that will kill thousands of women.
MFC

Union Star, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2010

NotThereMuchLonger wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit listening to Obama's smoke and mirrors about the money. There is little left and it's going fast. We are in for some very hard times due to Obama's manical spending. If this idiot had ever had a real job, he would understand it.
Quit listening to MSNBC.
And AARP no longer backs the plan because of the blatant lies they were told. Look at the mammogram issue- they haven't taken over Healthcare yet and they are already proposing cuts that will kill thousands of women.
I don't throw out un-truths and present them as fact. Perhaps you need to try a little harder....or at least read...

http://www.aarp.org/aarp/presscenter/pressrel...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_mes...
Stephanie

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Had my stepdad admitted and the liver dr is horrible, the nurses sat at the nurses station texting and facebooking. Wouldn't discuss treatment plan or patient info. We took him out against doctors orders and took him to Baylor. At ETMC Dr. Takata tried putting my relative in a nursing home when he didn't need to go. He wasn't crazy he just needed treatment for pancratitis and cirrhosis. He didn't diagnose anything but the cirrhosis. He wouldn't do a brain scan but Baylor did everything. I wouldn't recommend anyone go there. I think we will be filing a suit

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rusk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Town drinks leathered up losers! 13 min For real though 13
Henderson Police Department 33 min The truth 21
Football 40 min The truth 4
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr Bad butt Johnny 22,195
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 3 hr Liberal forever 511
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 3 hr Liberal forever 17,738
Dr. Hamilton in Overton (Nov '11) 17 hr College kid 62

Search the Rusk Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Rusk Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rusk People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE