Walmart closing after xmas.
Leisurely

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#43 Aug 24, 2012
Sounds like it may be time for a bigger Wal Mart. Rumor on the Street is Wal Mart is not happy with their new store in Connersville. Bad location and sales are actually lower than Rushvilles. Bears watching.
Blah

Connersville, IN

#44 Aug 24, 2012
Bigger walmart is a good idea, but we don't need a full sized one. Something in between I think would be good enough. Just my opinion.
Sandy

Indianapolis, IN

#45 Aug 25, 2012
Rushville is too small of a town for a Super Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart management will not stick a Super Wal-Mart in a dinky little Rushville. Besides, the locals already shop the Super Wal-Marts in Greensburg & Shelbyville anyway. It would be a waste of Super Wal-Mart money to put a Super Wal-Mart in Rushville when the locals are more than happy to drive out of town.
Pipe Dreams

United States

#46 Aug 25, 2012
Maybe they want to put one in Rushville to compete with Kroger. That place is always busy. They have the monopoly on groceries in Rushville.
long live tiny Walmart

Indianapolis, IN

#47 Aug 25, 2012
Name a dinky little shriveled-up town as small as this dinky little shriveled-up town of Rushville with a Super Wal-Mart in it?
Not a tiny little Wal-Mart like Rushville has, but a Super Wal-Mart.
Just as I thought, you can't name one!
Therefore, you will not see a Super Wal-Mart in Rushville.
jones

Lafayette, IN

#48 Aug 25, 2012
North Vernon. Same population size
post HO digger

Niles, IL

#49 Aug 25, 2012
I heard Walmart LOVES busting thieves and pressing charges. Sounds like a certain couple *cough cough* would make it worth their while to super it up. Anyone I have ever known to get busted lifting (up to the Kroger incident) was busted at good old wally world.
Pipe Dreams

Chicago, IL

#50 Aug 25, 2012
@post.....we get it, the whole Owens story has been noted in all our brains. AGAIN, we get it.
post HO digger

Niles, IL

#51 Aug 25, 2012
Well la Di freakin da....don't like my post or sarcasm, don't read em.
post HO digger

Niles, IL

#52 Aug 25, 2012
I was simply making a point that everyone who steals, usually does so from Walmart. Also wanna point out to the people bitching about Walmart running out the small town competition, it obviously isn't Walmart. They cater to a crowd that can't afford to pay extremely high prices, they know in today's economy that everyone is spread really thin financially.
long live tiny Walmart

Indianapolis, IN

#53 Aug 25, 2012
jones wrote:
North Vernon. Same population size
Wrong. North Vernon has almost 700 more people in it than Rushville has. So it's NOT the same population size. And North Vernon is a growing town that wants to get ahead as opposed to Rushville that's a backwards stuck-in-the-mud little town.
You can't find another dinky little shriveled-up town as dinky and as small and as shriveled-up as Rushville with a Super Wal-Mart in it.
ruthie

Indianapolis, IN

#54 Aug 27, 2012
Rushville will get a Super Walmart about the time John McCane fits into 34" waist jeans. Which means it ain't happening.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#55 Jan 5, 2013
Well Xmas is over, guess we will see soon.
Freddy

Ashburn, VA

#56 Jan 6, 2013
just like the last two years the liars have said "fill in the blank is closing". there are some new businesses to be announced soon
Brenda

Lafayette, IN

#57 Jan 6, 2013
I am hearing now.that Morristown is close to getting a super Walmart
mr walmart

Madison, IN

#58 Jan 6, 2013
i cant place a super walmart in rushville at this time. maybe next year 2014 i will consider it. right now im focusing on shelbyville where fazolis, buffalo wild wings, home depot, lowes and kohls are in the process of being located. wowza. before long rushville will be the bedroom town for these thriving towns nearby. why is it rushville cant grow like these other towns. that question is worth millions.
Brenda

Lafayette, IN

#59 Jan 6, 2013
mr walmart wrote:
i cant place a super walmart in rushville at this time. maybe next year 2014 i will consider it. right now im focusing on shelbyville where fazolis, buffalo wild wings, home depot, lowes and kohls are in the process of being located. wowza. before long rushville will be the bedroom town for these thriving towns nearby. why is it rushville cant grow like these other towns. that question is worth millions.
Bedroom town we are more in line with a subdivision
Freddy

Ashburn, VA

#60 Jan 6, 2013
Wal-Mart owns all those businesses? didn't know that. fascinating, tell me more.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#61 Jan 6, 2013
LoL
Brenda

Lafayette, IN

#62 Jan 6, 2013
Well its 2013 with Rushville looking as blight as ever.If they are not going to put any jobs in that industrial park,they should build a concrete lion zoo for our aging concrete lions.Maybe put some concrete birds in there to.We could buy the birds at the Super Walmart in Greensburg and we can say they are Imported concrete birds. At least the industrial park would get used.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rushville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chronological Bible 2 hr Anonymous 10
Dollar General Store 15 hr Maria salsary 11
Rushville Police Officer Fired 16 hr Peanut 2
Store closing Dec 5 FactChecker 2
Tim Carrol (Mar '13) Dec 3 Ginger 105
Seamstress Dec 1 Debbie 1
should marijuana be legalized in indiana (Feb '13) Dec 1 poopypooper 105

Rushville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance