Petition to ban St. Patrick drunk fest

Posted in the Rushville Forum

Jesus is King

United States

#1 Nov 21, 2012
Rushville is not an Irish town. What kind of example does this drunk fest give to our youth. Alcohol is a dangerous drug and for many of our youth it is a gateway drug. What about all the other ancestories that don't have a day dedicated to celebrate in irresponsible activities? My church is forming a committee to seek other churches and community leaders to petition to end this wreckless and irresponsible event. If you would like to end this sinful event of drunkiness and premarital sex, then make your voice heard here! Be ready to sign a formal petition that our church leaders will be presenting to the community as we begin hitting the pavement next spring. Thank you for your support and God bless!
Fancy

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Nov 21, 2012
Are you also starting a petition to shut down the Westside and Sportsman?
Painter

United States

#4 Nov 21, 2012
Signed
Pipe Dreams

United States

#5 Nov 21, 2012
The thing is, we like drinkin here in Rushville. Not a whole lot else to do. You can suck it up one day a year and let us alcholics have our fill. Personally I don;t want to offend Bryan Sheehan so that's the only reason I drink.
Pipe Dreams

United States

#6 Nov 22, 2012
I can be butter bean , fancy, mad as hell, pipe dreams tooooooo!

My fav was being Adam. Everyone got to hate on him! That bastard had to register tho. That prick!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 Nov 22, 2012
Thanks for the idea of registering!
Great idea

United States

#8 Dec 8, 2012
Lets shut down this drunken sex fest. It's immoral.
News

Loogootee, IN

#9 Dec 8, 2012
Jesus is King wrote:
Rushville is not an Irish town. What kind of example does this drunk fest give to our youth. Alcohol is a dangerous drug and for many of our youth it is a gateway drug. What about all the other ancestories that don't have a day dedicated to celebrate in irresponsible activities? My church is forming a committee to seek other churches and community leaders to petition to end this wreckless and irresponsible event. If you would like to end this sinful event of drunkiness and premarital sex, then make your voice heard here! Be ready to sign a formal petition that our church leaders will be presenting to the community as we begin hitting the pavement next spring. Thank you for your support and God bless!
What are you talking about Rushville is not really a town.
Dan Sheehan

Plainfield, IL

#10 Dec 9, 2012
Jesus is King wrote:
Why don't you and your church go out and do something useful.stop trying to tell other people how to live there lives.if you do not drink, then stay the f-ck home.its people like you that give religion a black eye every single day.if your church wants to pass laws, then it should start paying taxes.how about I go get a petition started to ban all churches???? I bet I get more signatures then your sane people hating church.
Duh

Connersville, IN

#11 Dec 9, 2012
Jesus is King wrote:
You sound like the "one" atheist who doesn't want a nativity scene, a Christmas tree, or the mention of GOD at a Veteran's funeral!
Fred

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 10, 2012
Are those churches ready to step up and contribute an additional $10K per year to local organizations? Until you are ready to put your money where your mouth is, I won't take you seriously. This money aupports a lot of things I find valuable to our town and it's citizens.
Rev Buddy Love

Plainfield, IL

#13 Dec 11, 2012
Fred wrote:
Are those churches ready to step up and contribute an additional $10K per year to local organizations? Until you are ready to put your money where your mouth is, I won't take you seriously. This money aupports a lot of things I find valuable to our town and it's citizens.
Hell no they won't...churches take,take,take,bitch,bitch,bit ch,but they ain't helping with shit.....they are only hear to discriminate and hate,and to teach discrimination and hate.been doing it for 2000 years and counting...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rushville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
This is progress? 2 hr billy 9
Parks Restrurant 2 hr Claire Inlow 76
Local Politics Do you approve of Mike Pence as Representative? (Jan '12) 4 hr Freedom Rider 22
Wendy's coming to town! 5 hr View whole picture 44
Rush County & Rushville in Decline 7 hr Harold 39
Yoo Hoo, Fact Checker. Where are you? May 4 Louis 170
Handicap plates on a motorcycle? May 3 susan 1
More from around the web

Rushville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]