True Patriot

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#41 May 22, 2012
Suck, I didn't know WE were collecting money, I thought it was civic minded individuals and groups doing this. Are you involved as well? We see how well doing nothing worked under Bostic. Lets see how doing something works this time. It seems to me providing matching grants to building owners is a good way to begin turning downtown around. All the democrats have complained about how bad downtown is and no one will do anything about it, seems someone is and you are still complaining.

What gives?
True Patriot

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#42 May 22, 2012
Air Evac, you are dodging the question. How does the city administration get a private company to move out of a County owned facility?

What exactly does you living close to the hospital have to do with you knowing what you are talking about? Proximity to the hospital gives you more knowledge while living further away gives you less?
True Patriot

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#43 May 22, 2012
Liz,

So city officials are not allowed to relax? They paid for the trip out of their own funds. Is there anything wrong with enjoying a baseball game? Sure beats Merv going to Florida for r and r when he was supposed to be running the city.
Jim

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#44 May 22, 2012
I just seen the article on the crash. It states the driver was transported to RMH and a waiting air ambulance. Seems to me if the air ambulance was waiting on the ambulance, there was no delay on their part. If anything, the feud between our ambulance services was the bigger delay. Why did it take an RMH ambulance to drive the 20 minutes south to Milroy, and 20 minutes back north? Was there not an ambulance closer?
Lex

Indianapolis, IN

#45 May 22, 2012
True Patriot wrote:
They paid for the trip out of their own funds. Is there anything wrong with enjoying a baseball game?
If they can afford to travel to Washington DC, then the City of Rushville is paying them WAY too much in salary. We can't afford to pay them that amount for as little as we get in return. If Pavey & his lieutenants want to live an opulent lifestyle, let them get a part-time job to pay for it. Pavey taking unfair advantage of the taxpayers is a lowdown, rotten way to act as mayor.
True Patriot

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#46 May 22, 2012
Only a true hater would find fault in someone spending their own money for the betterment of the City. Their seems to be a recurring theme against allowing private citizens to spend their own money.
enlighten me

Connersville, IN

#47 May 22, 2012
Fill me in here.....What exactly did the Democrats do with Bostic because i would like to know?
Nancy

Indianapolis, IN

#48 May 22, 2012
True Patriot wrote:
Their seems to be a recurring theme against allowing private citizens to spend their own money.
It's 'there' not 'their' you dipwad.
Private citizens can spend their money as they see fit. But when local politicians can afford take a luxury vacation, it's readily apparent that the Rushville taxpayers are paying them too much in salary. Pavey should only be paid a modest income. Especially an income that coincides with what he has accomplished -- which isn't much considering how trashy the town is.
Mr Know

Paoli, IN

#49 May 22, 2012
The DC trip may pay off. You can't set in Rushville & make things happen. Let's see in 3 months if anything will happen as a result of the DC trip.

As far as the ambulance issues this is another issue that takes place because of Brad Smith. Just for public information Smith wants the hospital board to extend his contract 3 to 5 years but does not want the owners of the hospital to know this. He wants his contract to be private. Well Brad it is time for the tapayers know what you are being paid as CEO.

He wants the County to agree to 3 additional years for ambulance service of about $800,000 per year. We should not do it. It is past time to have an outside audit done for us to know the truth.

Brad just leave. You won't because NO body will give you a job.
suck on that

Elmhurst, IL

#50 May 22, 2012
Patriot, I am just not understanding why the owners or the downtown buildings are being given a free pass after letting the buildings get that bad to begin with? If anyone around town let their house got to sh*t there wouldn't be any fund to help them build it back up. They would be fined. Is it a matching grant? Because if so then the owners would be kicking in at least half then? I understand we all want a nicer looking city and a way to do that is hold property owners accountable for upkeep. All of them not just downtown
Lex

Indianapolis, IN

#51 May 22, 2012
suck on that wrote:
Patriot, I am just not understanding why the owners or the downtown buildings are being given a free pass after letting the buildings get that bad to begin with?
They let them get that bad because you locals would not shop at their stores. With no shoppers, there's no money for upkeep.
suck on that wrote:
If anyone around town let their house got to sh*t there wouldn't be any fund to help them build it back up.
IF??? There's a whole bunch of houses that have gone to sh*t in Rushville.
John Q

United States

#52 May 22, 2012
True Patriot - Joe Rathz - don't you EVER get tired of coming on here and blindly defending everything republican?? We really, really don't need you on here every hour defending every time Mike takes a sh!t, and telling us how much better the sh!t smells than Merv's. OK?
suck on that

Elmhurst, IL

#53 May 22, 2012
Lex wrote:
<quoted text>They let them get that bad because you locals would not shop at their stores. With no shoppers, there's no money for upkeep.

suck on that wrote, " If anyone around town let their house got to sh*t there wouldn't be any fund to help them build it back up. "

IF??? There's a whole bunch of houses that have gone to sh*t in Rushville.
Yes there are! And that's my point! I go to work everyday and make money. I put some of that money into my property. If you don't have the means to keep up property then you shouldn't buy it! Most of the people who own the buildings on Main St don't own any of the businesses, they lease them. Property is an investment. Why even buy it if you aren't willing to put something in to it? If the building your shop is in is crumbling and looks awful why would anyone want to shop there?
Listener

Connersville, IN

#54 May 22, 2012
Jim wrote:
I just seen the article on the crash. It states the driver was transported to RMH and a waiting air ambulance. Seems to me if the air ambulance was waiting on the ambulance, there was no delay on their part. If anything, the feud between our ambulance services was the bigger delay. Why did it take an RMH ambulance to drive the 20 minutes south to Milroy, and 20 minutes back north? Was there not an ambulance closer?
The Rush Memorial Ambulance was called after no or very slow response from Milroy. The air ambulance was wanted at the scene, but do to the delay in getting there it was told to go to Rush Memorial. It was approixmately 30 minutes or more to get the Lifeline Ambulance to RMH. If you check i believe Milroy finally transported to RMH with Paramedic from RMH on board.
Ed E

Indianapolis, IN

#55 May 22, 2012
suck on that wrote:
If the building your shop is in is crumbling and looks awful why would anyone want to shop there?
It doesn't make any difference what condition their buildings are in - very few shopped in them 30 years ago when they were in good shape. Whether the building is in good shape or looks like crap like most of them look today, the locals will not shop those stores. History dictates that. Might as well save your money and use it to take a Myrtle Beach vacation.
Oscar

Connersville, IN

#56 May 22, 2012
enlighten me wrote:
Fill me in here.....What exactly did the Democrats do with Bostic because i would like to know?
Pretty much nothing. During the election, the democrats could not point to any accomplishments that they innitiated.
True Patriot

Connersville, IN

#57 May 22, 2012
Nancy, you may want to check your use of their and there. So what about THEIR trip to DC was luxury. Please fill us in on that.

If you feel politicians should be paid for what they accomplish, then Merv, Billy and the other democrats need to give back 4 years of salary because even THEIR supporters cannot state any accomplishments they made.

The fact that the Republicans are willing to spend THEIR own money to try to better Rushville should be applauded, not attacked. Of course the democrats do not understand that.
True Patriot

Connersville, IN

#58 May 22, 2012
Aww, my bad, I just saw my misuse of Their. My mistake. See, unlike the haters on here, I admit when I am wrong.
True Patriot

Connersville, IN

#59 May 22, 2012
Suck,

Sorry, but you are wrong. There are many programs that use private money to fix up homes. Right now there is a group looking for elderly who need their homes fixed up.

From what I have seen on Facebook, it is matching grants. Anything that sparks a fixup of downtown is a good thing.
True Patriot

Connersville, IN

#60 May 22, 2012
John Q, don't you get tired of coming on here and blindly guessing peoples identity. Last week we were told I was positively Mark Sloan.

I have to laugh at those who come on here every hour and try their best to drag Rushville down. Really, how many people are up in arms over Lions or people donating their own money to fix up downtown?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rushville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff election 5 hr no sense 53
Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative 7 hr Need more blight ... 2
Zumba on Main Street (Nov '13) 8 hr Janice 22
the mission trip link below makes Rushville out... 9 hr pitiful 8
Where is OUR blight money? 9 hr timmy 11
bill for mayor 10 hr poet two 19
swat team 17 hr heard it all 7
Rushville Dating
Find my Match

Rushville Jobs

Rushville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rushville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rushville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]